1.    #1  
    I (successfully?) installed the unbranded WM6 upgrade, and I am unable to hear or speak on the phone. I can make and receive calls just fine, but for whatever reason everything is muted. I tried hitting the little mute/unmute button on the UI but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Is there a phone setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks
    Are your ringtones playing? Could be the earpiece issue.

If not, is Bluetooth on? Try turning it off.
  3.    #3  
    Hi PattyCerts, thanks for replying. Yes, ringtones seem to be working fine. BT is disabled.
    Don't be offended, but when you call someone, after they answer, try adjusting the up/down buttons on the left side. This changes the in-call volume. They might be set all the way down to 0.

Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This isn't a default option, so not sure why it would be enabled .... but try this:

1. Go into "settings"
    2. click on "phone"
    3. make sure the "TTY/TDD" setting is set to "Off"

my .0015 cents!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the suggestions. Not offended at all.. Both of these options I've looked at. Thanks though..
    Try inserting an earpiece into the bottom and see if you can hear through that. It's the only thing I can think of...
  8.    #8  
    Update: Well I thought perhaps it might be a microphone issue, so I went into the windows sound recorder and recorded myself speaking, and it worked okay.. It's almost like there's some kind of mute or something that isn't being disabled when a call connects.. And it's not a hearing issue (that was a geographically induced connection problem), only a speech issue at this point.
    Last edited by Aquineas; 11/15/2007 at 07:16 PM.
    Well since you just installed WM6 it would probably not be too hard to try a hard reset at this point.

You probably won't lose much data. If you can record your voice it is not likely a hardware issue--plus you said it started after the upgrade so that also makes hardware an unlikely coincidence.

Assume you already soft reset the device?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB