1.    #1  
    I just installed Good Mobile Messaging (GMM) on Treo 750 and discovered that in contact search in Today screen and SMS lookup now uses Good contact list (which is synced to Exchange). How do I make GMM do a look up on Treo's contact DB (not synced to Exchange) instead?

BTW, is there a way to limit the number of emails to be downloaded to PPC?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I don't think you understand the nature of how GMM works.... the whole intention is to provide your device with a real time connection to your Exchange server....

GMM 5.0 will make a copy of your Exchange contacts and place them in your native contacts list... this allows you to use third party apps/features like voice dial against your Exchange contacts. Your IT admin can disable that feature for you if they choose. If you do not like this feature, I would talk with them.

I would recommend that you maintain your contact list in Exchange, as you will always have it available and it will always be update. In the event you loose your device, or it dies, a simple reinstall of the GMM client will return all of your contacts to your device.

Hope that helps!
    John,

I've used GMM on both the 680 and 750. It's a very good email program, but the way it takes over the contact list is ridiculous. First, it doesn't update when I add my contacts into Outlook. Second, it doesn't have all the fields that Outlook has. The GMM people need to understand that some of use are just looking for an email solution that integrates with our existing Contacts and Calendar. It's awful
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    John,

I've used GMM on both the 680 and 750. It's a very good email program, but the way it takes over the contact list is ridiculous. First, it doesn't update when I add my contacts into Outlook.
    insidr, it is supposed to update your contacts from Outlook. It sounds as if there may be an issue with your provisioning if it isn't.

As for taking over the contacts, that is why with 5.0, you have the option, if enabled by your admin, to utilize the native contact stores on the device,

Second, it doesn't have all the fields that Outlook has.
    True, but there is no way to sync all the fields from Outlook. Not enough screen space and we get castrated over the size of the app as it is.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jthiggy View Post
    I don't think you understand the nature of how GMM works.... the whole intention is to provide your device with a real time connection to your Exchange server....
    I'm pretty sure I know how GMM works

My point is that I prefer to separate personal contacts with work contacts and would not like to populate Exchange with my personal contacts.

As other users pointed out, GMM contact lacks behind Outlook in terms of fiedls.

Problem of waiting for v5 is that it takes a while and also corporate IT needs sometime to fully test v5 before rolling out. GoodGuy, isn't there a way to change register to point contact search to link to PckOutlook instead?