Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Warning..This is a rant just to blow off steam. If you do not wish to read such posts, now is the time to leave.

Being a Verizon customer, I don't get much to chose from when it comes to SmartPhones. I had a 700w for nearly 2 years until it gave up the ghost. Decided to go with a 700wx as replacement since nothing else tripped my trigger. So far, I've had to have the new phone replaced once because the external antenna connector came lose from the board. Now, the replacement phone is freezing or won't wake up. I hard reset it tonight and it stuck while booting. Having had enough, I slammed it on the floor. Amazingly, it now works better than it ever has. Since this is a corporate phone, I can either exchange it for a BB, which I consider a last resort, or try a Samsung or 6800. Not crazy about either of those either. OR, I could switch to AT&T, which happens to be our company's preferred carrier. However, all of my clients are on VZW which keeps my monthly bill really low.

I've had it with Palm. The 700 series of phones is a joke. I really have to wonder if they will ever make a decent phone again. I've also had it with VZW and their pathetic phone offerings.

Thanks for listening.
    Wow and Sprint people wish they had Verizon's phone selection. Grass is always greener situation. The 700wx is my first smart phone but I did have a Jornada 748 pda. Have to say that WM5 has come a long way but I wish it would have went father in the 4 years I was away from it. I love the extra functionality that having a data connection gives a PDA. Even though I hate the case and build quality of the 700wx, I'm pretty much happy with it. I miss the the metal case of the Jornada.

Sorry you are having problems hope they get straightened. Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Warning..This is a rant just to blow off steam. If you do not wish to read such posts, now is the time to leave.
    Fair enough,
    I've had it with Palm. The 700 series of phones is a joke. I really have to wonder if they will ever make a decent phone again. I've also had it with VZW and their pathetic phone offerings.

Thanks for listening.
    In all honesty, sounds like just a bad unit (x2). In other words, these aren't common or regular occurrences with this device, so I'm not sure it's necessarily a 700wx or Palm thing specifically.

I guess you just have to return/exchange again. Unfortunately, you see this a lot with high priced and high tech gizmos and you always read about "that guy" who had to return/exchange 4 or 5 of the same device because of defects. Hope it works out for ya.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    So far so good today. I guess it took some persuasive maintenance to wake this thing up.
    I know how frustrating a bad phone can be, but I too had a 700w and after I used it for some time (no complaints) I upgraded to a 700wx. My unit is awesome. Very few problems and I'm always messing around with new programs, so the ones I've had are no doubt my fault. Just my 2 cents.
    I feel your pain. I'm on my 5th WX and I'm still having some random issues with it. My previous WX's have not been able to answer phone calls, activate, no reception, and I've had numerous .exe errors which result in program crashes. I've gotten to the point where I only have 1 program installed on my WX and I'm still experiencing issues.

I must say that Verizon has always been very willing to send out a replacement phone but honestly I've had my fill of the WX. I have to wait it out another year for my contract to expire.
    the only issue ive had with my wx was the signal quality was very poor after dropping it. i took it in and they gave me an immediate data swap to a new wx out of the box. no questions asked. i love telu's platinum customer service.

Being a Verizon customer, I don't get much to chose from when it comes to SmartPhones. I had a 700w for nearly 2 years until it gave up the ghost. Decided to go with a 700wx as replacement since nothing else tripped my trigger. So far, I've had to have the new phone replaced once because the external antenna connector came lose from the board. Now, the replacement phone is freezing or won't wake up. I hard reset it tonight and it stuck while booting. Having had enough, I slammed it on the floor. Amazingly, it now works better than it ever has. Since this is a corporate phone, I can either exchange it for a BB, which I consider a last resort, or try a Samsung or 6800. Not crazy about either of those either. OR, I could switch to AT&T, which happens to be our company's preferred carrier. However, all of my clients are on VZW which keeps my monthly bill really low.

Thanks for listening.
    slammed it on the floor. nice.

get a blackberry or an iphone.
    they sound like like your cup of tea.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I just want my bluetooth to work or for Verizon to switch me out to the i-760. But they say that the i-7690 is an upgrade and that I would have to go to a blackberry or a Q. Just give us a bluetooth stack that works.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I just want my bluetooth to work or for Verizon to switch me out to the i-760. But they say that the i-7690 is an upgrade and that I would have to go to a blackberry or a Q. Just give us a bluetooth stack that works.
    i dont understand why every one complains about the BT stack mine has never gave me issues. everything i have attempted to use bluetooth wise functioned correctly, connected immediately and did not behave abnormal at all.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    i dont understand why every one complains about the BT stack mine has never gave me issues. everything i have attempted to use bluetooth wise functioned correctly, connected immediately and did not behave abnormal at all.
    If you don't understand stand it then do a search for bluetooth and you will learn. I have tryed 5 different bluetooth headsets and NONE of them have worked properly. Either the static is so bad or it connects then disconnects over and over.
    I picked up a 700wx about 6 months ago, and was frustrated with it for a couple weeks.

Background: I've been using Palms for PDA for about 10 yrs, and Motorola & Nokia for phones, and a PC as a desktop.

After a couple weeks I figured out:
    • Palm knows how to design PDAs, not phones
    • The Verizon software doesn't take advantage of many of the features
    • AND MOST OF ALL - it's running on a Microsoft platform.

AND THE LAST ITEM IS MOST IMPORTANT. Have you forgotten what we have all come to expect from MS? I had - but once I realized that the thing needed an occasional re-boot, it solved most of my issues (ok, so it needs to be re-booted maybe once a month)

The other stuff can all be worked out. Palm's naivete in cellphone design may be the worst problem, but even that can be solved.

Much like a desktop PC, there's so much software out there that you can make the Treo WX do whatever you want.

After a couple really frustrating weeks (and thinking about chucking it) I got control of the functionality and it now does exactly what I want it to - and I really like it. But there really is a tough learning curve, especially if you're not willing to spend a lot of time on it.
    If you can get the i760, I'd say get that. It looks like a pretty good device.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    If you can get the i760, I'd say get that. It looks like a pretty good device.
    Actually that is what I have now done. Since I have traded in my Treo 3 times Verizon is switching me out to the i-760. So we will see how it goes. I really need bluetooth to work and Verizon is so slow at bringing out new PDA phones.
    After several months, im back into a ppc but 6800 this time instead of 6700. So.. uh... anyone wanna buy a Treo wx? lol
    For what it's worth, I'm on my 4th Bluetooth device with my 700wx. So far I'm having good success with the BlueAnt Z9. I did need to update the firmware on the Z9 but so far so good.

I still cannot get DUN to work.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...cSELL.m315.lVI
    There's mine if someone knows anyone needing a Treo WX.

jjgillian, where are you at with DUN? I used mine daily from day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHill View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...cSELL.m315.lVI
    There's mine if someone knows anyone needing a Treo WX.

jjgillian, where are you at with DUN? I used mine daily from day one.
    Your ad is misleading.. There is no way you can take an Altel 700wx and put it on Sprint.
    I have attempted to use DUN from home and various airports. It has never worked for me.

It tries to connect multiple times then disconnects. I know a lot of other people using the 700wx have had similar issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Your ad is misleading.. There is no way you can take an Altel 700wx and put it on Sprint.
    I will try to fix that then
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast