Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    My company is cheap. They will pay for a cell phone and usage, but not for a data plan. So, I bought a 700w from verizon. I have been using my companies dial up# to access to my POP3 email. It is a local# and it has work flawlessly since the day 700w arrived (almost 2 yrs). I had to get a new phone and I had the same settings as the old one, but now when I call the # is says "There is no modem deteted at this number." I am dazed and confused about this. I did upgrade the ROM to 1.22, but the old phone was upgraded and working on same ROM and did dialed up.

    Someone smarter than me, please help.


    ************EDIT*********
    I just used another guys 700w to do the samething and my logon and password worked with his phone. It is like the phone is just not making the connection.
    Last edited by reabsco; 11/14/2007 at 10:14 AM.
  2. #2  
    I had the same issue. Call tech support and more than likely they will send you another phone.
  3.    #3  
    Crap... this is a new one.
  4. #4  
    no the 700w allowed you to use your own ISP's info to connect to the internet but the new 700wx and up dont allow this the phone will not dial into any other connection except the ev service from your provider. they screwed us on this one so we are forced to use there data plans.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    no the 700w allowed you to use your own ISP's info to connect to the internet but the new 700wx and up dont allow this the phone will not dial into any other connection except the ev service from your provider. they screwed us on this one so we are forced to use there data plans.
    I am still using a 700w, not the 700wx. The rom update would not cause this, I had my other 700w with the new 1.22 and I could use the dial up.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by reabsco View Post
    I am still using a 700w, not the 700wx. The rom update would not cause this, I had my other 700w with the new 1.22 and I could use the dial up.
    yah what im saying tho is the 700wx you cannot use your own dialup. you just get a no modem error. the 700w you have now is probably revised so that you have to use the providers data plan just like the 700wx
  7.    #7  
    Is it Palm or Verizon( carrier) that is limitting this ability?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by reabsco View Post
    Is it Palm or Verizon( carrier) that is limitting this ability?
    Carrier, of course.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  9.    #9  
    That really does not make much sense. If I use EVO it is $49 per month, but if I dialup using my work connection, I am using my minutes. That has a potentional to be much more than $49.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by reabsco View Post
    That really does not make much sense. If I use EVO it is $49 per month, but if I dialup using my work connection, I am using my minutes. That has a potentional to be much more than $49.
    The sense is that it is guaranteed money if you pay for a data package whereas allowing dial up is not.

    I think it is bogus because I pay to have a phone and any normal phone can dial up to an ISP and I feel that my Treo should be no different.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  11.    #11  
    Grant,
    So there is no work around? When I call my # is just says, "no modem @ the above number." I remember way back before highspeed, there were modem scripts we could add to the dial up. Would that be a starting place?

Posting Permissions