1.    #1  
    I just got a 700wx on very short notice today when my 650 suffered a rather abrupt end to its life.

I used Butler for its many tools (mostly alarms, but the other tools got a workout too) and TreoGuard to shut down my phone at night to save the battery. Any ideas as to what programs are out there that do the same for the 700wx?

Another newbie question: Can the 700wx run pocket PC programs? Are there any issues with them, particularly around the screen resolution?

Thanks for any and all help!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    First piece of advice is to search the forum for what you are looking for.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhil View Post
    I just got a 700wx on very short notice today when my 650 suffered a rather abrupt end to its life.

I used Butler for its many tools (mostly alarms, but the other tools got a workout too) and TreoGuard to shut down my phone at night to save the battery. Any ideas as to what programs are out there that do the same for the 700wx?

Another newbie question: Can the 700wx run pocket PC programs? Are there any issues with them, particularly around the screen resolution?

Quick answers....I am not sure what this 'Butler' app is, but it sounds like any of a few, ranging from the free Treoalert (in another thread somewhere), to a combination of PhoneAlarm, and SPB time, but the Treo's alarms aren't all that bad.

The WX can run PPC apps, you may run across some that are not QVGA compatible, but for the most part you should be fine. (just look for QVGA, and if you don't see it, doesn't hurt to try)

P.S. if there is anything else you need to know, as dimitri mentioned, the search function is a powerful tool, but there are always very informative people in here, and another VERY useful site: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhil View Post

read the FAQ

there is probably a tool, app or hack for nearly anything that the 650 could do. the wx is a much much better device. look for profile programs. several options.

the wx is pocket pc. You just need to make sure you get apps that can run in 240x240. Plenty of them out there.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Also, when looking for software, be sure to download PocketPC (touchscreen) versions of applications, NOT Smartphone (non-touchscreen) versions. The Treo 700wx is considered a PocketPC.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    If you're coming off of a T650 (Palm) to Windows, you might be in for a disappointment with the way that Windows Mobile runs compared to Palm. I used StyleTap to run my old Palm programs under Windows - in all cases they run faster than their native Windows equivelents.