1.    #1  
    i already use tomtom 6 on my 700w and works perfect with my holux m1000 I am going hunting this weekend and i was looking for some kind of software that would use terrain and elevation maps. I have spent the last two days searching with no answer. i see geoniche is only for palm users. please help thanks
    Do yourself a favor and get a real gps unit for the backcountry like those offered by garmin or magellan.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I agree with littlewaywelt. The stand-alone units get great battery life and have replaceable AAs (for in the field), can withstand the rain and cold, can withstand drops on the ground, etc. without having to carry all kinds of rain pouches and hard cases.

Edit: Garmin, Lowrance, Magellan also sell detailed topographical maps for their receivers.

Stepping off my soapbox, however, a visit here would provide you with the software you're asking for: http://www.backcountrynavigator.com/
  4.    #4  
    i appreicate the responses but neither of u answered my question youjust gave me an alternative that i was not looking for. i have a perfectly good phone and use it all the time for gps. I dont care if it gets banged up. Just looking for the software. Thanks

Also it will only be out 3 or 4 times a day just to mark locations
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mush2699 View Post
    i appreicate the responses but neither of u answered my question youjust gave me an alternative that i was not looking for. i have a perfectly good phone and use it all the time for gps. I dont care if it gets banged up. Just looking for the software. Thanks

Also it will only be out 3 or 4 times a day just to mark locations
    Actually he did give you the software that you requested.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewP View Post
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx