1.    #1  
    I got an error this morning when trying to find directions with Google Maps v 1.2.0.18 (I think that was the version) telling me I needed a newer version. I went to maps.google.com from PIE and downloaded and installed the latest cab. At startup it now shows version 1.7.1.4.

Changes I've noticed:

Slightly revised menus
    Nice new directions summary screen
    When you move between steps in the directions, it "flies" between the points
    TrueType is turned on

Has anyone else tried this new version?
    Nothing here, it download same 'ol version.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Is that version for paln or WM? I tried downloading a new copy but its the same version I've had for a couple months. 1.2.0.9
    OP says PIE and cab, so this is a WM version.
    ronbo2000, got me there. I should have caught that...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Actually, my version (1.2.0.9) asked me twice today to download an update for a few items, such as better colors for color blindness, etc. I just did it, and the version still is the same number. I have the 755p and a search for the new version above is for WM6.

And while I was posting this it was moved to the WM thread.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by del1313 View Post
    I got an error this morning when trying to find directions with Google Maps v 1.2.0.18 (I think that was the version) telling me I needed a newer version. I went to maps.google.com from PIE and downloaded and installed the latest cab. At startup it now shows version 1.7.1.4.

Changes I've noticed:

Slightly revised menus
    Nice new directions summary screen
    When you move between steps in the directions, it "flies" between the points
    TrueType is turned on

Has anyone else tried this new version?
    nope just downloaded it again; v1.2.0.9 for 755p; I read on Google's website that this is for the 700wx
    Last edited by RawisTheGameHhH; 11/14/2007 at 02:56 PM.
    Google Maps Mobile v1.7.1.4 downloaded and replced the previous version. Seems snappy.
  9.    #9  
    I still had the cab from when I downloaded it, and seeing as most of you are still getting the old version, I've attached it. YMMV

Let me know how it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    no substantial improvements.
    livesearch still kicks its arse in nearly all ways.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Glad I found this the new version of google maps sucks! don't install it...can't copy and paste, couldn't do turn by turn....
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboytz View Post
    Glad I found this the new version of google maps sucks! don't install it...can't copy and paste, couldn't do turn by turn....
    Since this thread is over a year old, the newest version of Google Maps for Windows Mobile is 2.3.0.9......

Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/04/2009 at 02:30 AM.
    Just call me Berd.