1.    #1  
    Using the unbranded WM6 on a (formerly ATT) 750. Have noticed after a soft reset the amber LED begins to flash and continues to do so until the Treo is plugged into the charger. At first I thought it was due to trying to acquire a signal or checking the battery or whatever but these operations are done and the Amber flashing LED continues. Plugging it in to the charger causes, of course, the light to turn solid red. Even if you immediately unplug it, this was enough to reset the light. Strange behavior. Anyone know why it does this and if there is a fix? It is a minor thing, granted.

The other thing I've noticed is a "workflow" issue in pOutlook. If you recall the WM5 version, the left softkey would create a New message. This was consistent with the text messaging feature, too. Two messaging applications with the same functionality for the left softkey. Makes sense, right? With WM6, the text messaging is still the same - the left softkey creates a new message. pOutlook, on the other hand, has been redesigned so the left softkey is Delete. Yikes! More than a couple of messages have been accidently deleted when I tried to send a new message and hit the wrong button. From a workflow perspective, this inconsistency would appear to be a design flaw.
    • Have other people noticed/encountered this? If so, what are your thoughts? Should we begin a campaigning with Microsoft to reverse the change?
    • Is this change hard-coded into pOutlook or is it something we could change in the registry?

Diverguy
    That's annoying-what if you're not around a charger? It will blink all day?
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, apparently. I only let it go for about an hour on one test but it didn't show signs of stopping.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Mine does the same thing (Cingular branded).

I also noticed sometimes when my phone is off (not allowed to have it on at work), and I turn it back on, it takes forever to get a signal. Stranger still is, I would get the E, the signal status would still show the dots like it is searching, but I am able to receive/make calls and use data services.

I also have the Gmail IMAP problem where some messages come in blank. I switched it back to POP3, and haven't had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    Yeah, apparently. I only let it go for about an hour on one test but it didn't show signs of stopping.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing the led problem too. However, it goes away if you turn the radio off and back on.
    I've never seen the led issue on my 750 with the leaked AT&T ROM, but I do use TreoAlerts to control LED blinking for missed calls, emails etc which may alleviate the problem.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I've never seen the led issue on my 750 with the leaked AT&T ROM, but I do use TreoAlerts to control LED blinking for missed calls, emails etc which may alleviate the problem.
    May be a bug unique to the ROW ROM because I'm still using the leaked AT&T ROM also with no LED wierdness. No TreoAlerts or other LED hacks on mine.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Haven't had it with the Vodafone WM6 update.
  9. yud
    The vanillized 3 Australia ROM doesn't have this issue.

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arch113 View Post
    Mine does the same thing (Cingular branded).

I also noticed sometimes when my phone is off (not allowed to have it on at work), and I turn it back on, it takes forever to get a signal. Stranger still is, I would get the E, the signal status would still show the dots like it is searching, but I am able to receive/make calls and use data services.

I also have the Gmail IMAP problem where some messages come in blank. I switched it back to POP3, and haven't had any problems.
    i second that...also my led keeps blinking red even if i have signal
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have not noticed the led issue but have noticed the issue pOutlook and is quite annoying. In addition, I noticed that the message icon does not display at the top when I have new email.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileindy View Post
    I have not noticed the led issue but have noticed the issue pOutlook and is quite annoying. In addition, I noticed that the message icon does not display at the top when I have new email.
    Yeah, I had that same problem for a short while. Went into Settings, Personal, Sounds and Notifications, Notifications tab, select new email message from the drop down, and put a checkmark in the box to display a popup message when new mail arrives. That's what triggers the message icon.

Diverguy
    No, I'm currently using a Rogers Wireless branded WM6 Treo 750 and the LED light doesn't even come on through the soft reset. I think it must be something to do with the AT&T ROM.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Just did the install and have noticed some weird blinking but more importantly it takes forever to find a signal when coming back from flight mode. Like minutes! Any ideas on a fix??