1.    #1  
    My WX is giving me problems so it is being replaced on warranty. They told me I could switch to the 755P if I preferred.

I do like the 700WX but have to admit I am intrigued by the possibility of getting the 755P.

I'm wondering what you all think. Is it a step forward or backwards? Or just a step to the side :P

I don't use any major 3rd party apps on my WX so I can't think of anything I'd miss in that way. Any ideas?

has anyone made the switch either way? Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I used to have palm with the 650 but I could never go back to it from win mobile. the 755 is nice but palm os needs some major work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLive View Post
    My WX is giving me problems so it is being replaced on warranty. They told me I could switch to the 755P if I preferred.

I do like the 700WX but have to admit I am intrigued by the possibility of getting the 755P.

I'm wondering what you all think. Is it a step forward or backwards? Or just a step to the side :P

I don't use any major 3rd party apps on my WX so I can't think of anything I'd miss in that way. Any ideas?

wx to p?
    Not if they gave me $1000.
    I won't ever own another pos POS again.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLive View Post

If they're going to offer you a POS device, you should try the Centro instead of the 755p. The Centro is a solid device, better BT than the 700wx, nicer screen, much smaller, great speakerphone and has a lot of nice bundled apps (Sprint email, IM, PocketTunes Delux, Docs to Go, etc.).

The question of switching from WM to POS is a different story and really depends on how you use the device. Obviously if multi-tasking is a preference or priority, than a WM device is better. Same with Exchange syncing (although Versamail & Chatter can do both to a certain extent).

I don't find one OS "better" than the other (and one can argue that WM5 AKU 2.2 is quite dated itself). In fact, both have their Pros and Cons and I don't find a huge difference in basic smartphone functionality between them: I can do 95% of the exact same tasks and functions on both platforms, so it's mostly personal preference. If you like POS though, I would say the Centro is finally the perfect hardware for it (no lag, no resets, etc.); but if you're comfortable with WM I would try another 700wx or a Touch.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    For me, now that I've made the transition from PalmOS to WM5, I can't imagine going back. For its day, PalmOS had a lot to offer, but I've found too many advantages in WM to give them up now that I've experienced them.

To be sure, there are some benefits to SOME of the PalmOS devices, but for the most part, I'd be giving up a lot to go back to PalmOS at this stage of the game.

I wouldn't trade my 700wx for a 755p. There just isn't a compelling reason to do so, in my opinion.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    If they're going to offer you a POS device, you should try the Centro instead of the 755p. The Centro is a solid device, better BT than the 700wx, nicer screen, much smaller, great speakerphone and has a lot of nice bundled apps (Sprint email, IM, PocketTunes Delux, Docs to Go, etc.).

The question of switching from WM to POS is a different story and really depends on how you use the device. Obviously if multi-tasking is a preference or priority, than a WM device is better. Same with Exchange syncing (although Versamail & Chatter can do both to a certain extent).

I don't find one OS "better" than the other (and one can argue that WM5 AKU 2.2 is quite dated itself). In fact, both have their Pros and Cons and I don't find a huge difference in basic smartphone functionality between them: I can do 95% of the exact same tasks and functions on both platforms, so it's mostly personal preference. If you like POS though, I would say the Centro is finally the perfect hardware for it (no lag, no resets, etc.); but if you're comfortable with WM I would try another 700wx or a Touch.

Thank you :-) You know...it took me a minute to realize that by POS you meant "PalmOS". haha I totally thought you were going somewhere else with that one!

I'm sticking with the WX. I was leaning that way...but then Sprint changed their mind and said I have no choice. So I guess its fate. Yipee.

As for the touch...my roommate bought one. I'm not crazy about it, to be honest with you. I just feel like WM is not made to be touched (without a stylus). My fatass fingers have issues with it.