1.    #1  

I don't know what to do. I have called both Verizon and Palm on this, and have done all types of resets, still did not fix the problem.

My phone won't turn on. It says Phone Off. It doesn't turn on after pressing the red button.

At first, it dropped calls after calls, like it didn't have a signal and then I turned it off, and tried to turn it back on, but never powered on after that.

Today screen is there, everything is OK.

The only problem is it does not turn on.

Please help...
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    What happens if you click on "Phone" in the wireless manager?

(click on the icon to the left of your battery icon and choose wireless manager)
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work then take it back and pray they give you the WX.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    if your fone is still under warranty, just call verizon and get a new one. this just happened to me 3 days ago. they sent me a new replacement fone. it was a horrid experience, i was out of commission for 3days. call the customer svc line 1800.922.0204. good luck
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I had that happen after the 1.22 flash. I had to get another phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB1 View Post
    I had that happen after the 1.22 flash. I had to get another phone.
    Same here.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys! It was a hopeless case.. did all kinds of resets, etc... to no avail!

I had to take it back to Verizon, they gave me a replacement! but onlyl a refurbished one.. but it works!

Mine was out of commission for 5 days!

so I guess, DO NOT upgrade to 1.22???? I had upgraded that phone to v.1.22 after 3 weeks, that's when it happend. --- pls advise..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
    What happens if you click on "Phone" in the wireless manager?

(click on the icon to the left of your battery icon and choose wireless manager)
    hey gimme5,

when I did that, it went to:
    All
    Bluetooth
    Phone

I turned it on from there, didn't work! such a pain in my ****!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j00ny View Post
    Thanks guys! It was a hopeless case.. did all kinds of resets, etc... to no avail!

I had to take it back to Verizon, they gave me a replacement! but onlyl a refurbished one.. but it works!

Mine was out of commission for 5 days!

so I guess, DO NOT upgrade to 1.22???? I had upgraded that phone to v.1.22 after 3 weeks, that's when it happend. --- pls advise..
    The new one should already have the update but if it doesn't I would try the update again.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    The new one should already have the update but if it doesn't I would try the update again.
    the refurb one I got has 1.10-vzw... i think i will leave there for now.. especially after reading these blogs..

http://thew0rd.com/2007/08/16/palm-s...wx-122-update/

http://thew0rd.com/2007/09/08/verizo...-my-treo-700w/

I can not find on PALM to confirm these posts to be true.. maybe i'm not looking at the right places..
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I would go back to Verizon and tell them that you are afraid to do the update because it bricked your phone last time and you want a Treo that already has the 1.22 update. That way they would have to give you a Treo 700wx.
    I second dimitri on that!!! If you use a data plan at all (kind of a waste NOT to on a device like this LOL) you really want the _1.22 update, otherwise (unless you REALLY lucked out) you have to try 3-5 times to connect EVERY time you try to use your data. (plus....getting the extra memory in a WX is a big plus if you can!!)
  13.    #14  
    I would go back to Verizon and tell them that you are afraid to do the update because it bricked your phone last time and you want a Treo that already has the 1.22 update. That way they would have to give you a Treo 700wx.
    that's not such a bad idea... but i'm scared, that treo was originally my cousin's, I lucked out they swapped it for me anyway.. although still under warranty (less than a year), I don't want to gamble, I might take it back..

any thoughts?

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I would first call customer support and tell them that you had issues with the 1.22 update and see if they will send you a phone that has already been updated. I would rather talk to someone on the phone before having to go into the store.
  15.    #16  
    I would first call customer support and tell them that you had issues with the 1.22 update and see if they will send you a phone that has already been updated. I would rather talk to someone on the phone before having to go into the store.
    Thanks Dimitri! I will update you guys with the outcome!
  16.    #17  
    told me to bring into the store and they will update it for me..
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Ok so bring it into the store and tell them the same story that the update bricked your phone and that you want a device that already has it on there.