1.    #1  
    You know how allot of people complain about audio issues with the 700w/wx well palm released an update that has solved all my issues with the alarm not working and the device waking up very slowly. Dunno if any one posted this already but check it out. this is the first time ive gotten windows mobile 2005's alarms to work they never used to sound before.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...updaterow.html
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting!
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Good find...
  4.    #4  
    Im very happy now that my device wakes up immediately when i push the sleep/wake up key. before there was a good 1-2 second delay until the today screen showed after hitting the wake up key. and like i said my Windows Mobile alarms actually work now its great!
    Last edited by Juggalo_X; 11/12/2007 at 11:22 AM.
    5hit..doesn't work for VZW 700wx and I have the same problems.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    5hit..doesn't work for VZW 700wx and I have the same problems.
    what thats not right?? i dont think its vendor specific.
  7.    #7  
    Maybe its embedded into your 1.22 Rom update?? probably not if your still seeing these issues. well that sux for you
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    This is the reason that it doesn't work with Verizon phones.

The following software versions are compatible with this patch:

Treo700wx-1.10-ROWEN
    Treo700wx-1.11-ROWEN
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWEN
    Treo700wx-1.11-ROWBR
    Treo700wx-1.11-ROWES
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWBP
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWSP
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWFR
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    This is the reason that it doesn't work with Verizon phones.

The following software versions are compatible with this patch:

Treo700wx-1.10-ROWEN
    Treo700wx-1.11-ROWEN
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWEN
    Treo700wx-1.11-ROWBR
    Treo700wx-1.11-ROWES
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWBP
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWSP
    Treo700wx-1.12-ROWFR
    and verison is 1.22 so explains why. could download and manually extract the cab and see if u can change it.
    I wish that worked for my VZW phone. I find I need to remove the battery & the sound comes back.
  11.    #11  
    Cant some one modify this?? i would if i knew what i was doing. but this update really does make a world of difference for the responsiveness coming out of a sleep state. and it actually does fix the audio. i dont understand why VZW wouldnt pack this update in with there 1.22 update.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Cant some one modify this?? i would if i knew what i was doing. but this update really does make a world of difference for the responsiveness coming out of a sleep state. and it actually does fix the audio. i dont understand why VZW wouldnt pack this update in with there 1.22 update.
    The only thing that you can do is call Palm and find out if they are going to release this for the 1.22 firmware.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    what about for us sprint users? we are at 1.15, but i have no clue what this "rowen" firmware is.
    i'm a little lost lol.
    Last night, my 3 week old wx kept freezing up and wouldn't wake up. I hard reset it and it froze while booting up. Out of frustration, the force of gravity multiplied many times was exercised and it hit the carpeted floor. Apparently, this was a wake up call for this thing because it hasn't missed a beat since.