Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmmcewen View Post
    ...2) The system sounds (clicks when you open the start menu, etc.) don't work.
    I had a similar problem, and then I realized that the AT&T sounds that I was using before were gone now. Like I had the Cingular/AT&T ringtone (I always used that), and the first time my phone rang after I went to WM6, it sounded different. I didn't even know it was my phone ringing!

Then I realized that the AT&T tones are a part of the customization that AT&T does. So if you were using them, it will disable the sounds, or re-assign different sounds, (to help you). Just go to Sounds in the control panel and see what the things are set to - they're probably disabled.

Hope this helps.
    I guess I am the only one having this problem. Anyone else get something similar. Am I doing something wrong? Everyone else seems to be able to update WM6 just fine.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan081 View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting this update to work. Everything works fine until the second part of the update when it's performing "executing update" after copying files. It then restarts my phone and seems to be performing a hard reset. Then my device resets and says "loading". After that the screen fades out and all I get is a black screen for 15 minutes.

So after about 20 minutes I assume that there is something wrong? I pulled the sync and do a soft reset.

Everything seems fine but my palm is still at CNG-1.13.

Help, whats wrong?
    Ok, I'm really a novice at all of this but would like to update 750 to the WM6.. my problem is I have no idea how to do what Charliez explained at the top of this page. can any one dumb it down for me. I can find the cmd screen but that's about as far as I get. PLEASE HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by dea41 View Post
    Ok, I'm really a novice at all of this but would like to update 750 to the WM6.. my problem is I have no idea how to do what Charliez explained at the top of this page. can any one dumb it down for me. I can find the cmd screen but that's about as far as I get. PLEASE HELP
    LOL, I know how you feel. I was in the same position as you, so I asked around, and someone gave me excellent directions for someone not too saavy with ppcs.

First you have to enable the show hidden folders view in XP. You do this by going the control panel, then folder options, then select the view tab and check the radio button that says show hidden files and folders. once you do that you can use Windows Explorer to go to your user file. C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Temp.

Once you’re in the temp folder try to delete every file and/or folder. Most of what is in there is just a log of what has been installed on your machine. there may be several files or folders that won't delete because they are locked by the OS. This makes it easy to see the temp folder that is created by the Unbranded WM6 update program.

Leave the window open. re-run the unbranded installer and wait until the setup program loads.

Then switch back to the temp folder and a new folder should have been created by the Unbranded installer. It should be labeled with a bunch of letters and numbers. In that folder is the Payloads.xml file that the guys on treocentral are referring to that needs to be edited.

Open that file with Notepad.

Once you edit that file as instructed and save it, you can close the temp folder window and continue with the upgrade.

It seems like a lot but it is really easy. much easier than the command line method.

PS: Phone needs to be plugged in to wall throughout the whole process.
    Bianca,

If I could be so forward.. I think I love you!!
    I did what you said and I found the temp folder.. deleted
    every thing and restarted the extraction, so now I see
    the temp folder.. I also found the payload.xml thing.
    But How do I open it with Notepad?
    I right click and it just says open... doesn't give
    choices of what to open with.

Ps.. You're amazing.. thank you soo much for your help thus far.
    Bianca,

Please don't laugh.. I went back and right clicked and found my answer..
    I just wasnt reading all my options...
    I did.. I mean you did it.. Thank you soo much.
    Can I thank you enough?

How do I learn more about doing things with this phone
    or understanding how to do the things described here.

For now, I'm off to see what WM6 can do.. thank you again so much
    Drew
    Last edited by dea41; 12/01/2007 at 02:42 AM.
    I guess I am the only one having this problem. Anyone else get something similar. Am I doing something wrong? Everyone else seems to be able to update WM6 just fine.

Richard
    That is the exact same problem I am having. I posted about it over on the xda forum today, and if I get an answer, I will let you know.

I did the boot off the SD card option, and that DID work, but my software still reads TREO750-1.13-CNG...even tho it boots with WM6. I am wondering if I am missing out on any features.
    Quote Originally Posted by dea41 View Post
    Bianca,

Please don't laugh.. I went back and right clicked and found my answer..
    I just wasnt reading all my options...
    I did.. I mean you did it.. Thank you soo much.
    Can I thank you enough?

How do I learn more about doing things with this phone
    or understanding how to do the things described here.

For now, I'm off to see what WM6 can do.. thank you again so much
    Drew
    LOL, I am so glad I could be of help. If you really want to learn more about the 750, I'd say hunt around and read as much as you can. ppcgeeks.com, xda-developers.com, are both good sites to find info on.
    If you are looking for themes for your phone, you can go to
    ppcthemes.com (there is actually a section for Treo's, it is not that complete, but you can put in requests for anything you'd like, I'm a moderator there, and I make the Treo themes).

I am not an expert at all, but if you ever have a question PM me, maybe I can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    LOL, I am so glad I could be of help. If you really want to learn more about the 750, I'd say hunt around and read as much as you can. ppcgeeks.com, xda-developers.com, are both good sites to find info on.
    If you are looking for themes for your phone, you can go to
    ppcthemes.com (there is actually a section for Treo's, it is not that complete, but you can put in requests for anything you'd like, I'm a moderator there, and I make the Treo themes).

I am not an expert at all, but if you ever have a question PM me, maybe I can help.

EDIT to my last post. The themes site should read:
    ppcthemes.net
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all, last night i downloaded the CHEEIMG file that i found someone was sharing on the net, and followed these steps:

1-I formatted the minisd with FAT32 and copied only and exclusive the update file.
    2-Insert the card into smartphone.
    3-Hold down END button and pulse the RESET.
    4-Update started automatically and took about 10 minutes.
    5-Then i hard reset by pressing the END and pulsing the RESET.
    6-The treo started up in GREEN windows mobile 6.

My problem is that i dont know if this is really windows mobile 6.

I tabbed Settings/System/About/Version and it specifies: WINDOWS MOBILE PROFESSIONAL, CE OS 5.2.1239 (Build 17746.0.2.0).

I tabbed the Phone lip and it says: SOFTWARE VERSION: TREO750-1.13-CNG, FIRMWARE: 1.47.25.00.

I saw a lot of differences, withing those i can say that:
    1-It start up with AT&T LOGO (no more CINGULAR Welcome screen)
    2-Runs a bit more soft and free (doesnt freeze)
    3-Now on the PROGRAMS section it have a lot of AT&T links, plus Cellular VIDEO, TELENAV, GETMOBITV, INTERNET SHARING, PROXY MANAGER and REMOTE DESKTOP MOBILE.
    4-In Settings Section it added CUSTOMER FEEDBACK, ENCRYPTION and WINDOWS UPDATE.
    5-Microsoft OFFICE MOBILE.
    6-And all icons looks much like WINDOWS VISTA´S platform (before it was like my old treo 650)

I NEED SOMEONE TO CONFIRM ME IF THE UPDATE IS CORRECT, IN ORDER TO MAKE ALL MY CUSTOMIZATIONS AND START USING MY PALM TREO 750 by CINGULAR BUT WITH AT&T WM6 UPDATE.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT and THANK YOU ALL WHO HELPS EVERY TREO USER TO HAVE MUCH MORE FROM THEIR DEVICES.
    I'm having some trouble getting this update to work. Everything works fine until the second part of the update when it's performing "executing update" after copying files. It then restarts my phone and seems to be performing a hard reset. Then my device resets and says "loading". After that the screen fades out and all I get is a black screen for 15 minutes.

So after about 20 minutes I assume that there is something wrong? I pulled the sync and do a soft reset.

Everything seems fine but my palm is still at CNG-1.13.

Help, whats wrong?
    As I've said...I had this issue as well. I read alot of posts the past week, and whatever game this guy is trying to play by not simply throwing out the link to the 12 working WM6 links on xda-dev and giving bootloader instructions...well i just don;t care....but he did help me in one way...I did not have the HTC driver loaded on my PC that enables the phone to be connected while in boot and therefore allowing the updater to work.

So, if you are having the issue with the updater, where after you change the payloads file, and the update begins, you lose connection to the PC and the update fails, you need to connect your phone to your PC while in boot mode (press PPT and the soft reset) and go to your device manager, select the HTC USB device that is in conflict, and reinstall the driver. When this is done, you will see the word USB at the bottom of your phone. Disconnect it, soft reset, then go thru the updater like usual. It should work.
    I am sure that I am not alone but now that the official version of WM6 is out I want to upgrade my phone. I had previously installed the "unbranded" version on my 750 thanks to the instructions in this thread.

When I attempt to install the official version on my phone it is telling me that I have already installed "this or a later" version and the upgrade fails.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobn View Post
    I am sure that I am not alone but now that the official version of WM6 is out I want to upgrade my phone. I had previously installed the "unbranded" version on my 750 thanks to the instructions in this thread.

When I attempt to install the official version on my phone it is telling me that I have already installed "this or a later" version and the upgrade fails.

Suggestions?
    Try this:
    Edit payloads.xml file with notepad

-Leave the low version at 1.13
    -Replace the high 1.13 version with 2.23
    -Go back to the installer screen and continue with installation
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianinflorida View Post
    Try this:
    Hi:
    You were right, that worked, THANKS! My only question is, why 2.23? Would it work if the high was changed to 2.25, which is what AT&T's version number is?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question
    Thanks again!
    Hi:
    You were right, that worked, THANKS! My only question is, why 2.23? Would it work if the high was changed to 2.25, which is what AT&T's version number is?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question
    Thanks again!
    I guess it would work. I simply used my version number at the time for the "Hi".
    For some reason Palm is not accepting my Serial Number. It wouldn't have changed becuase I used Generic WM6 build, would it? Can someone provide a link to the new package?
    Last edited by dmil; 12/05/2007 at 01:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmil View Post
    For some reason Palm is not accepting my Serial Number. It wouldn't have changed becuase I used Generic WM6 build, would it? Can someone provide a link to the new package?
    I downloaded the .exe version, and it did not ask me for my serial number. You may want to try that version.
    And I did have to perform the steps recommended by adrianinflorida
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianinflorida View Post
    I guess it would work. I simply used my version number at the time for the "Hi".
    Gotcha
    Well, either way, your fix worked great. Thanks!
    I downloaded the .exe version, and it did not ask me for my serial number. You may want to try that version.
    And I did have to perform the steps recommended by adrianinflorida
    Disregard. Looks like they were having issues with their S/N Database as it's working now.
    I too ran the ATT Official update and my Software version is still TREO750-2.23-CNG. Should I run the update again?
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast