Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Worked like a charm! Thanks for posting this. After yet another garbage conversation with ATT/Cingular this afternoon I had enough. I am now smiling with a WM6 Treo 750 (which is charging via USB even as I type.

And I really like not having all the ATT crap, although MEDia net was in my favorites, and I synced before I updated, then copied all my favorites back into the new sync folder after I updated and synced again, and - well, it was back. Same goes for some playlists I had created to listen to internet radio. I expect that any favorites, files or anything else that you save will come back as well.
    Ok mine updated but the update process stalled right after the device booted and you configure it (tap the screen etc). I let it sit for another 10 minutes and nothing happened.I then got some Palm Update error message on the device and just clicked ok then the updater program on the PC quit. The device seems to be working fine made a few calls with it and added some programs and my contacts back. I did run into an instance where it couldn't seem to grab a signal but a soft reset seems to have fixed that. So far so good!
    I have chaned the xml file to the following:

<payloads>
    <carrier_codes>ATT</carrier_codes>
    <revision_no>2.23</revision_no>
    <payload>
    <id>101</id>
    <payload_criteria>
    <revision_range>
    <low>1.13</low>
    <high>2.24</high>
    </revision_range>
    </payload_criteria>
    <payload_file>payload_1.xml</payload_file>
    </payload>
    </payloads>

and then go back to the install screen and press install. I get a runtime error :
    Object doesn;t support this property or method

What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am currently in a hotel that has no WiFi, typing to you across my "Internet Sharing" WM6 Treo listening to Guns N Roses via Yahoo Launchcast (same connection) as it charges via USB, having happily used the Voice Recognition software without problems on both my car Bluetooth handsfree kit and my cyborg ear Bluetooth set.

Who would have thought a Microsoft OS update could make such a big difference? This Treo 750 with WM6 ROCKS!!!!!

Thanks, charliez for figuring this out, and thanks, optimo, for checking out the internet connection part.

FYI, I'm in Pigeon Forge, TN (an Edge network area) and my CNET bandwidth meter reads 153.2 Kbps. Not bad...now to test it in a 3G area...
    Last edited by mike1in3; 11/16/2007 at 09:42 PM.
    Hmm, having a couple of minor issues. First, when exited this Microsoft 9 Hole Golf Game, the very top portion of the Programs screen gets cut off (can't see the up scroll bar either). Soft reset fixes it.
    Bigger problem is that when I turn the phone off (power button to put it in flight mode) and then later back on, it doesn't find a signal. The E for edge shows up immediately but it just sits there searching for signal. I'm in an area with a good strong signal so I have no idea. Again, a soft reset fixes it.
    Any ideas? Can I try reapplying the update? Is there anyway to roll back to WM5? Any help is appreciated.
    Ok so I think i need to go back to WM5 or try reinstalling this or the AT&T update because my phone takes forever searching for signal when I go from an area of no service back to service. My battery is down at about 50 percent and usually it's at about 80% after my day at work. Picked up a card reader today but stupidly bought a Micro SD instead of Mini SD and didn't realize it. Who's bright idea was it to name them so closely??
    Well decided to try that AT&T WM6 with the SD method. Happy to say the searching for signal problem doesn't seem to be appearing, finds a signal just as quick as it did in WM5. I think I'm good now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
    Well decided to try that AT&T WM6 with the SD method. Happy to say the searching for signal problem doesn't seem to be appearing, finds a signal just as quick as it did in WM5. I think I'm good now.
    I am having trouble installing the unbranded version due to a problem with my computer detecting my phone via the USB cable. How would I go about installing WM6 with my SD card? Is this version you are using a stable version of WM6?

Thanks!
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Pope View Post
    I am having trouble installing the unbranded version due to a problem with my computer detecting my phone via the USB cable. How would I go about installing WM6 with my SD card? Is this version you are using a stable version of WM6?

Thanks!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=bootloader
    I installed the unbranded wm6 on my treo 750 last week and noticed the network icon changed from G(gprs) to E(Edge). Data speeds did not increase nor did the U or 3G icon show up and would lose network connectivity from time to time. Went to the local ATT store on the hunch that my old cingular sim card was the problem. They instantly replaced it with a new 3G sim card and with a minute or so to find the network I was up and running with a 3G icon running blistering data speeds. So when upgrading to wm6 make sure your sim card is up to date with 3G (3G branding on sim card)
    Quote Originally Posted by sivrserfr View Post
    ...They instantly replaced it with a new 3G sim card ...
    By the way, they will/should put in a new SIM card for free (at least in the US)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Pope View Post

Thanks!
    Yes that AT&T SD method rom is what I'm running now and am happy to report the only issues I've found are
    1)occasionally (but far less than with the unbranded one i was using before) the LED light still flashes once you have signal.
    2)when exiting MS 9 hole gold, the top very top portion of the programs screen (start/programs) is cut off. Soft reset fixes it.

The big issue with it taking forever to find signal and having trouble regaining signal does not occur. I'm at 84% battery life today as more proof while yesterday i was around 50 with the same amount of usage. The difference being that it just kept searching for signal rather than finding it and locking on.
    Hi:
    Well I took the plunge, and installed this. It is running great except for 2 things.

1. When you enter letters with keyboard, they seem to stick. Not physically, but the next letter is not entered right away, and I hear a slight crackling kind of sound.

2. When I attempt to install certain programs that I know are compatible with WM6, they appear kind of squashed on the screen, only taking up the top portion (for example iGo).

Does anyone have any suggestion? Please help

Thanks so much!!

PS:
    If I can't solve these problems, is it possible to go back to AT&T WM5?
    Last edited by bianca; 11/21/2007 at 01:43 AM.
    I have not experienced anything like this - you might try soft resetting the device, that seems to cure a lot of woes.
    I have finally decided to "bite the bullet" and attempt to upgrade my 750 to WM6 following the instructions in this posting. However, I am getting stuck at the beginning.

I have downloaded the .zip file to my computer. When I attempt to expand the .zip file I am getting all sorts of warning messages about expanding the file.

A CAUTION box pops up and states "Warning: One or more of the files in this archive uses ".." (parent folder) as part of its folder information.

This is very unusual in archives and can produce undesirable and potentially dangerous results.

What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by bobn View Post
    I have finally decided to "bite the bullet" and attempt to upgrade my 750 to WM6 following the instructions in this posting. However, I am getting stuck at the beginning.

I have downloaded the .zip file to my computer. When I attempt to expand the .zip file I am getting all sorts of warning messages about expanding the file.

A CAUTION box pops up and states "Warning: One or more of the files in this archive uses ".." (parent folder) as part of its folder information.

This is very unusual in archives and can produce undesirable and potentially dangerous results.

What am I doing wrong?

The first time I downloaded the file, it was corrupted. I would try downloading it again.
    OPTIMOGREEN
    Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    Hi:
    Well I took the plunge, and installed this. It is running great except for 2 things.

1. When you enter letters with keyboard, they seem to stick. Not physically, but the next letter is not entered right away, and I hear a slight crackling kind of sound.

2. When I attempt to install certain programs that I know are compatible with WM6, they appear kind of squashed on the screen, only taking up the top portion (for example iGo).
    Be certain the app is compatible, not only with WM6, but that the program supports 240X240 screens.

PS:
    If I can't solve these problems, is it possible to go back to AT&T WM5?
    Yes, by reflashing your phone with a Treo 750 WM5 ROM image available at xda-dev.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Be certain the app is compatible, not only with WM6, but that the program supports 240X240 screens.

Yes, by reflashing your phone with a Treo 750 WM5 ROM image available at xda-dev.
    Hi:
    Thanks so much for your reply. I should have mentioned that all the programs I am having trouble with I already had installed on my phone, so yes they are compatible with square screens. I am just reinstalling them after upgrade.

I was able to find a cingular ROM at xda, but I couldn't seem to find the AT&T one. Any ideas?

Now my biggest complaint is that for some reason when I use the hardware keyboard, the keysounds seem to be sticking. What I mean is that I will have entered 3 letters, and it will only click once for example. It is very annoying, because I usually guide myself with the sound to make sure the letter entered.

I have performed several soft resets, and it hasn't helped with any of the problems.

Thanks

PS: I was also wondering when AT&T finally releases the Official ROM, will the fact that I have the unbranded one installed cause any problems when trying to install the official one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bianca View Post
    Hi:
    Thanks so much for your reply. I should have mentioned that all the programs I am having trouble with I already had installed on my phone, so yes they are compatible with square screens. I am just reinstalling them after upgrade.

I was able to find a cingular ROM at xda, but I couldn't seem to find the AT&T one. Any ideas?

Now my biggest complaint is that for some reason when I use the hardware keyboard, the keysounds seem to be sticking. What I mean is that I will have entered 3 letters, and it will only click once for example. It is very annoying, because I usually guide myself with the sound to make sure the letter entered.

I have performed several soft resets, and it hasn't helped with any of the problems.

Thanks

PS: I was also wondering when AT&T finally releases the Official ROM, will the fact that I have the unbranded one installed cause any problems when trying to install the official one?
    I can't speak to your typing clicks. It's something I've never heard of before. As to your question about going forward with ATT when it's released... If you used the SD method to upgrade, then your software versions (tokens) will be unchanged and you'll have no trouble. If you upgraded by the .exe method, then you might run into a glitch. The way to tell is to check your versions. If it says 1.13cng (or att) then you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    ...check your versions. If it says 1.13cng (or att) then you'll be fine.
    I think in a really bad case, you could do a hard reset, and just start over, then do the authorized WM6 upgrade.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast