1.    #1  
    Hi,

Could you please help me, I try to make a application for the treo 700w/wx but it's not working properly.
    the application work in several other devices, I also have a treo 750v and it's work great.

To help me found this problem, I have made a little application to copy and lauch on your treo 700w/wx. It's generate a *.txt file on the same directory.

You can download the test application from mediafire : http://download21.mediafire.com/ty2m.../test-info.exe

Normally, this program should show a fill rate screen with random color. but if the application crash, a .txt file with the device name is created.

Could you please copy all the text showed in the .txt and put it on this thread, maybe thoses informations can also help several developpers with the same problem.

here how the result .txt file look like with my Palm Treo 750v

Hardware Information
    ====================
    [BEGIN]
    wFormat =1
    wBPP =16
    pFramePointer =4C800000
    cxStride =2
    cyStride =480
    cxPixels =240
    cyPixels =240
    CPUID =41129200
    WMMX =0
    VDRAM =0
    GetSystemMetrics CX =240
    GetSystemMetrics CY =240
    ForceRes =2
    VirtualPointer =60020
    [END]

I choose to put this on this forum and not on the developper section to reach a maximum of treo 700w/wx user.

Thank you in advance for your help.

ps: sorry for my poor english.
  2.    #2  
    nobody can try ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCrichton View Post
    nobody can try ?
    I for one do not feel comfortable loading an unknown program on my 700 from someone who only has two posts on these boards.

Certainly there's an sdk with an emulator you could use.
  4.    #4  
    A squared emulator only make the apparance of the treo. This is a particulare treo 700w bug.

I have many devices but I can't have all... That's why I haved subscript to this forum.
    Sorry if I'm new here. I'm just trying to make my application compatible with this device. What a better place to ask this on a treo website.

Trust me, this executable file doesn't damage or explode your treo 700w for no particular reason.

Maybe I have missed something or my english is not so good, I just simply need the information from the txt file to determine what cause the screen problem on this device, that's all...

But it's ok if you don't want to.
    uh NO.....
  6.    #6  
    that's for helping small developper to do their jobs...that's very kind...

just forgot this thread....

bye
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

bye
    YOu don't have to be an A**. We have helped many developers but we normally have to know the user and with someone that only has two or 4 post makes us pause for a minute.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  8.    #8  
    YOu don't have to be an A**. We have helped many developers but we normally have to know the user and with someone that only has two or 4 post makes us pause for a minute.
    To reply to your message,
    My message was made in a kind way, I'm not insulting as you are.
    Believe me, I fell very uncorfortable to request this sort of help.

I know, I'm a new guy with no background in this forum but it's not a reason, I think, to ignore or insult a man who only want to make is application work for "your device".

For the story I recently got a treo 750v, I thought that the problem was a general treo issue, that's why a bought this device. it's happered that the application work great on the treo 750v. And that's the problem, because I discover that is not a general treo issue. And then I'm here in a desperate way to try to understand what's wrong and fix this damn bug.

I didn't beleive that I have a other problem to face : win your trust...
    win your trust...
    Exactly and John Chrichton would have realized that.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

bye
    Well when you have 2 posts and you type something like you did, I take great offense to that. This community has help many Treo users and for a newbie to the community to post what you did was not very kind. It was some more words that I shall not name in this room.
  11.    #11  
    Exactly and John Chrichton would have realized that.
    If you're talking about the character John Crichton from Farscape, yes, in this case I feel completly lost and insecure like him.

Well when you have 2 posts and you type something like you did, I take great offense to that. This community has help many Treo users and for a newbie to the community to post what you did was not very kind. It was some more words that I shall not name in this room.
    You know, A developer come to this place, made a thread, uploading a small application that he made, with all explanation for simplify the helping task.
    and All have got is more than 100 viewers and negative reply with a simple "uh NO..."
    Yes, I'm a developer and yes, you're not helping me. I'm sorry to say that but it's a fact.

I believed that I never got any anwser here on this board.

I didn't want to borrow your time anymore.

If someone can close this thread.

Thank you, have I nice day.
    If you're talking about the character John Crichton from Farscape, yes, in this case I feel completly lost and insecure like him.

You know, A developer come to this place, made a thread, uploading a small application that he made, with all explanation for simplify the helping task.
    and All have got is more than 100 viewers and negative reply with a simple "uh NO..."
    Yes, I'm a developer and yes, you're not helping me. I'm sorry to say that but it's a fact.

I believed that I never got any anwser here on this board.

I didn't want to borrow your time anymore.

If someone can close this thread.

Thank you, have I nice day.

No need to leave you just got here. Why don't you PM some of the developers on here with your issue, they may have some insight.
    Go to the development forum.

Explain your problem, and the codes you are using.

They will help you.

NO ONE will download an EXE from a message board. If you're smart enough to develop software then you should be smart enough to understand that.

This thread is unnecessary, and frankly makes you look like an arse.

"BYE"
  14.    #14  
    I have made a thread on the dev section. thanks for your concern.

For your information a "windows mobile" executable doesn't content any virus, spyware or something like that.

Bye.

For your information a "windows mobile" executable doesn't content any virus, spyware or something like that.

Bye.

It most certainly can, though. Damage can range from temporary stuff that a soft or hard reset will fix to identity theft - and while the latter is fairly unlikely, it most certainly is possible depending upon what info you store on your mobile device.

It is even possible to use the mobile device to infect a PC - the code can wait until tethered to the PC and then infect the PC.

None of these are terribly likely scenarios, but all possible.

Bye.
    Fair enough.

Yes it can.

I hope they help you.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

Bye.