1.    #1  
    I'm using Mobile Shell with 1 dial tab - it only holds 5 pics. I've tried using the built-in speed dial with photos, don't like the way it works (can't press and hold and get call/sms/etc options like MS). Last night I dl'd Photo Contacts Pro and tried it, but it didn't do what I want either, and it seemed really bloated for my needs.

Basically, what I am looking for is a simple app that can be triggered from the today screen (or with only one button press, if need be - if it has no today screen plugin) that has room for 9-16 contacts (either 3x3 or 4x4) in a space that looks nice on our square screens. I have only a few people I call enough to warrant more than 5 pictures, but I definitely need more than 5.

Has anyone heard of or is anyone using such an app? I looked around here, and didn't see anything definitive. Essentially, I want more photos accessible, without a fat, bloated app installed...
    END OF LINE
    SPB Pocket Plus had the photo dial tab that allows multiple rows (on the 6800 you can have 3 on 1 tab), so you may want to either exchange Shell for Plus or try both?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Hey Mal - I have actually tried P+ as well, and I didn't like it as much. I know it seems silly, but the pics are slightly smaller, and it's harder to use one-handed in the car (more accidental presses) than the MS tab.

I will try it again and see if I can make it work. I am on vacation and have some time to tinker (so nice). Thanks for the response -
    END OF LINE
    Oh, how about SPB Phone Suite? lol

That has a today plugin picture dialer and you can place "up to 14" on your screen:

http://etechworld.wordpress.com/cate...to-speed-dial/

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    I was a tester for Phone Suite, and while it is a good app, it didn't get along with my Treo. So I uninstalled, although I have thought about trying it again lately...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    AW, Have you checked out this?
    http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php...page=favorites
    Never used it but looked interesting.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  7.    #7  
    Hey xdalaw - I'll check this out tonight... looks somewhat promising. Took Mal's suggestion and tried using P+ again... not exactly what I'm looking for, but pretty close...

(later)

Well, I've been playing with it, and I think this may be a better solution (although not perfect for my exacting standards)... xdalaw, thanks for pointing this out - I may pick this up in the meantime. It seems more responsive and quicker than the other apps I've tried...
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 11/11/2007 at 08:24 PM.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    no prob
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  9.    #9  
    I decided after my last hard reset that I should keep as trim a Treo as possible, so for now I decided to go with P+ photo contacts in their own tab under MS. It seems to be ok so far. But thanks guys, for the good suggestions. I may look into them in the future at some point...
    END OF LINE