1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have noticed over the past 3 weeks that my branded 750 is losing signal rather consistently. I replaced the phone (warranty replacement sent me two replacements) and the SIM card, but to no avail. Others with phones, and other PDAs (including my wife with her 680) do not have this experience.

Does anybody have any ideas? My most serious issue is in zip code 90293, even when I stare up at a tower on the corner of Culver Blvd and Esplanade (in case I have any Playa del Rey-an countrymen here ... )

Thanks ...
  2.    #2  
    Anybody?
    Other than the occasional dropped calls I have had no issues in the San Fernando Valley, Burbank, DTLA, Palos Verdes and in between. Prior to fairly consistent 3G coverage where I live I had more drops when switching from 3G to non-3G but never signal drops.

I doubt it is the phone and would have guessed the SIM but you say it has been replaced. Have you tried your sim in another phone or another sim in your phone? Just an idea...
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Other than the occasional dropped calls I have had no issues in the San Fernando Valley, Burbank, DTLA, Palos Verdes and in between. Prior to fairly consistent 3G coverage where I live I had more drops when switching from 3G to non-3G but never signal drops.

I doubt it is the phone and would have guessed the SIM but you say it has been replaced. Have you tried your sim in another phone or another sim in your phone? Just an idea...
    I ahve since discovered that the issue apperas when the phone is set to automatically go online periodically to check mail. If I disable my connection settings, the phone doesn't lose signal. If I enable them, I lose signal regularly.

Perhaps this has something to do with upgrades in progress in LA? Or at least in the tower I see from my office in Playa del Rey? Importantly, this issue only occurs in Playa del Rey where I can see only one tower. ATT says there has been a tower issue but it was fixed. Perhaps not?