1.    #1  
    I am going to purchase one these two apps.

Spb Diary
    SBSH Pocketbreeze

i just wondered which is your preference and why. i trial both and cant decided which one i like better...

does one or the other seem to slow the Treo down more then the other? questions like that are what i am looking for answers as far as your expierience has been.

Is there a way to speed them up etc?

Any input would be great.

thanks in advanced

brvheart
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I am fond of pocketbreeze... i don't notice any speed issues using it and I have owned it for about 5 months...

BIGRIC
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    I am going to purchase one these two apps.

Spb Diary
    SBSH Pocketbreeze

i just wondered which is your preference and why. i trial both and cant decided which one i like better...

does one or the other seem to slow the Treo down more then the other? questions like that are what i am looking for answers as far as your expierience has been.

Is there a way to speed them up etc?

Any input would be great.

thanks in advanced

brvheart
    I prefer Poketbreeze, because it has more features and flexibility, and better one handed d-pad use built in. You can add any other custom today plug-in program as a tab, for example and swtich from tab to tab with a left/right double click on the d-pad. (SPB Pocket Plus 4.0 allows this custom plug-in tab stuff as well.)

Diary is also a good program however.

Both are reputable companies that back their products and provide periodic enhancements. I mix and match. I prefer the SBSH weather program to SPB, but I prefer SPB Pocket Plus to SBSH iLaucher.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I agree with the others so far, they are BOTH great apps from great companies. I think it all boils down to personal preference. For instance, if you like customizing everything, I have seen a lot of skins for PocketBreeze over in the Wisebar forums, that is a cool function that SPB products are not known for (they are not skinable). But....if you like integration, and you want to purchase more apps later on, SPB Diary is great. You can insert it into PocketPlus, or MobileShell, or insert others into it (you can so that with the other as well), but you can also get daily weather forcasts attatched to your calender tab, with SPB Weather.

Personally I use SPB, but I have heard very good things about PockerBreeze (I love the skinning prospect, so I may have to look into it)!

Good luck, and I hope these opinions help some!!
    Might I suggest that you try the free TodayAgenda before you buy either one? It's an awesome calendar app (much more than that) and it too can be inserted into PocketPlus or MobileShell or others. It continues to get better and better, very stable and never slows down my 700wx. Good luck.
  6.    #6  
    first off, thank you everyone for the replies!

I have tried todays agenda, it run beautifully! If it had a plug for mail etc I would use it for sure. I even email the author and explained what I thought would enhance the app, and that iwas wanting to purchase spb or sbsh but would rather donate to todays agenda to help add messages and contacts to it, but i got no reply...so i will have to settle for one of these two.
    Last edited by brvheart; 11/08/2007 at 03:30 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I accidentally dpadded down and posted before I finished lol, sorry about that refresh, I fixed it
    Diary allows you to have multiple today plugins per tab while PB only allows one per, so that's a plus in the Diary department. It also supports Flexmail to some extent which PB does not.

However, I've found Diary to take up significantly more RAM than Pocketbreeze...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'm in the 'neither' camp:

I use this free launcher to get me the program icons on the Today screen and the free Calendar+ to show my calendar. Works for me!