Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Not sure how this happened, but here is what happened. I recently purchased a 750 (upgraded from a 650), it arrived on friday. I used it over the weekend a bit and setup my samsung bt headset.

    On monday I was in a parking garage and called my wife. I saw the headset icon and teh call connected, but I couldn't hear her on the headset. I hung up after a couple of minutes and called back. It turns out that she was connected to someone else phone call (to the BT headset I assume). She said she heard an Indian couple discussing when the husband would be home. She spoke up and they didn't hear her. She also doublechecked the caller id after the call and it came from my cell phone.

    So did my phone wind up connecting to another BT headset bridging the 2 phones? Anyone have anything similar happen?
  2. mmereos's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #2  
    Honestly that has nothing to do with the phone or the Bluetooth headset. Because it's happened to me on other phones as well.
    What probably happened was the call was crossed into another conversation. It's not something that is common, but has happened in very congested phone areas. That has happened to me about 2 times in the last five years. I am able to clearly hear someone talking but they can't hear me and I can't hear the person they are talking to.




    Quote Originally Posted by scyber View Post
    Not sure how this happened, but here is what happened. I recently purchased a 750 (upgraded from a 650), it arrived on friday. I used it over the weekend a bit and setup my samsung bt headset.

    On monday I was in a parking garage and called my wife. I saw the headset icon and teh call connected, but I couldn't hear her on the headset. I hung up after a couple of minutes and called back. It turns out that she was connected to someone else phone call (to the BT headset I assume). She said she heard an Indian couple discussing when the husband would be home. She spoke up and they didn't hear her. She also doublechecked the caller id after the call and it came from my cell phone.

    So did my phone wind up connecting to another BT headset bridging the 2 phones? Anyone have anything similar happen?
  3. #3  
    That happened to a friend of mine using a BT headset & 700p in her home. it happen several times. BT heaset is now in her desk draw.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 11/07/2007 at 05:15 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4. mmereos's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    That happened to a friend of mine using a BT headset & 700p in her home. it happenseveral times. BT heaset is now in her desk draw.
    He said his wife's caller ID showed that his phone called her. Yet she was in another part of town. This is clearly not a BT issue if he hung up his phone and his wife was still listening to another couples conversation?
  5. #5  
    it's not the BT headset, or anything bluetooth related, sometimes calls get crossed, happened on landlines a lot, years ago...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    He said his wife's caller ID showed that his phone called her. Yet she was in another part of town. This is clearly not a BT issue if he hung up his phone and his wife was still listening to another couples conversation?

    I understand your point, regardless, it only happened to my friend when she was using her BT headset. Consequently, the headset is in the desk drawer and she doesn't trust it.

    I have no issues with my BT headset and have never had a cross line.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    He said his wife's caller ID showed that his phone called her. Yet she was in another part of town. This is clearly not a BT issue if he hung up his phone and his wife was still listening to another couples conversation?
    Sorry should have been clearer, she only heard the conversation until I hung up. So it still could have been a BT issue.

    Well it looks like it is relatively common. Just wierd that I never had the issue with the 650, but the first time I use it in a crowded environment on the 750, I get this problem. I haven't had the problem since, so oh well.

Posting Permissions