1.    #1  
    I am interested in trying to hook up my Treo to my car stereo and am wondering if I can do this.

I have one of the tapes that plug into a standard headphone jack but obviously the Treo does not have a standard headphone jack.

I am assuming there might be an adapter out there to connect them.

Do you know if there is?

My main question is if anyone does this how do you like it and what happens when an incoming call comes in?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Yes you can connect your treo to your car. Most of us have bought a stereo that either has bluetooth or an AUX jack in the front and then you buy an adapter like this.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--337.htm
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by player2 View Post
    I am interested in trying to hook up my Treo to my car stereo and am wondering if I can do this.

I have one of the tapes that plug into a standard headphone jack but obviously the Treo does not have a standard headphone jack.

I am assuming there might be an adapter out there to connect them.

Do you know if there is?

My main question is if anyone does this how do you like it and what happens when an incoming call comes in?
    You can pick up an adapter which will allow you to plug in your standard headphone jack into the treo for $5 at radio shack. Be careful, though as they allow for extra torque to go into the headphone jack, and many ppl have damaged their treos this way (me included). The shorter the jack the better. Try and find an L shaped one over a long one.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I'm on Treo #4 from headphone jack damage. Be careful... also, when looking, make sure it's stereo. Having only one side to a headphone/stereo is always a disappointment
    LongLivePalm
    I have hooked it up to my car and it works great. you can pick it up from Radioshack as someone above stated or you can get it online for about a buck. Quality is pretty good and if a call comes in the music pauses and you can answer the call. If you choose to answer it with the phone still connected to the car you can hear the call over the car stereo...its like having integrated bluetooth in your car for under 5 bucks. The mic on the phone is quite sensitive because people on the other end can hear me talking quite clearly even with my phone on the dash. Music auto resumes once the call is over.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, so I bought one from Radio Shack and it is definitely just mainly coming out of the right speaker.

I am pretty sure the adapter I got is for Stereo as it says it is "Hear your phones audio content in stereo"

Is there a setting on the phone I have to do to make it out put in stereo?