1.    #1  
    Electronic picture frames are slowly catching on, and we all have gigabytes of family pictures on our desktops at home, but dont have much opportunity to see them.

Ive just bought a Tilt, which has the ideal design for either a desktop clock or a small picture frame. I tether every day, so its normally sitting next to my laptop, powered, but doing nothing.

My solution is in 2 parts. 1 free and 1 will cost $9.95

First, how to get your pictures on the device. This is simple using the media synchronizing abilities of active sync and desktop Windows Media Player.

First enable the media sync plug-in in activesync, then go to Windows Media Player and go to the sync tab with your device plugged in. There you should see your device as a sync-able storage device. Select it, chose to create a new sync profile, be sure to remove all the ones that are already there by default, choose to sync pictures, and add a further criteria to only sync say 10 MB. Set it to sync automatically.

This will copy about 10 Mb of photos (shrunk down to 320x211 resolution) to your device, to a Pictures folder at the root of your device.

Next you need an app called Dockwave Pro. This is not free (they do offer a free version, but it does not have the configuration options we need). Install it, point it to the pictures folder on your device, set the time out and the job is done.

Now every time your device is powered and idle for a few minutes, you will be surprised by a random selection of photos from your collection.

For a 700w this obviously looks best with a nice desktop cradle.

There is not much detail in this post, as I'm not sure how many people are interested, but it obviously can be fleshed out more with screen shots etc if there is enough interest. For a Tilt/Kaiser user its near perfect of course, as the device almost seemed designed for the role.

BTW, there is a built-in option in the built-in picture viewer, under options/slide show to play a screen saver of the pictures under the My Documents\My Pictures directory if your device is idle for 2 minutes, but this only works if its connected via activesync, vs just charging or tethering, and Windows Media Player wont synchronize pictures to that directory in any case.

Surur
    the slideshow function is built into the phone. Why do you need dockwave?
    pictures & videos app \ menu\ options \ slideshow tab \ checkbox for play screeensaver.

...and the sync option pulls full size files when it's on auto, it doesn't convert them, so if you're shooting big files with a 10.2 mp it's not ideal even with a huge card. There is a way to convert the file size for the treo but it involves draging and droping the files using the media sync tool. Whenever I used the auto sync the file sizes were huge...Is there a way to convert them?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    the slideshow function is built into the phone. Why do you need dockwave?
    pictures & videos app \ menu\ options \ slideshow tab \ checkbox for play screeensaver.
    from my post above:

BTW, there is a built-in option in the built-in picture viewer, under options/slide show to play a screen saver of the pictures under the My Documents\My Pictures directory if your device is idle for 2 minutes, but this only works if its connected via activesync, vs just charging or tethering, and Windows Media Player wont synchronize pictures to that directory in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    ...and the sync option pulls full size files when it's on auto, it doesn't convert them, so if you're shooting big files with a 10.2 mp it's not ideal even with a huge card. There is a way to convert the file size for the treo but it involves draging and droping the files using the media sync tool. Whenever I used the auto sync the file sizes were huge...Is there a way to convert them?
    All my synched pictures have been converted to 320x211 automatically, and are all less than 25 kb. I believe its an option in WMP. Explore a bit and you should be able to find it.

Surur
    doh!
    fyi, mine shows pics when only the pwr cord is connect, not the pc cord.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  5.    #5  
    I'll give that a test now again.
    (it works, but only shows the pictures from the directory where the photos taken on the device is stored)

I would not mind if some-one made even better software with nicer transitions and more flexibility. I have been using the google photo screen saver at home, and it makes even your poor pictures look great.

Surur