1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from an O2 Atom after it met a horrible end and I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I send an SMS message the Treo gives me no notification that the SMS was sent. I find myself always going to the sent items folder to be sure. Is that normal behaviour or can I turn on send (not recieve) notification somewhere?
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilzGr8 View Post
    I just upgraded from an O2 Atom after it met a horrible end and I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I send an SMS message the Treo gives me no notification that the SMS was sent. I find myself always going to the sent items folder to be sure. Is that normal behaviour or can I turn on send (not recieve) notification somewhere?
    That is correct, it is normal behavior. By default, the Treo 750s threaded SMS application does not display a notification that the message was succesfully sent. To my knowledge there are no "free" tools out there, and I am not techy enough to know if there is a registry hack for this, but I am sure there is because you can use a program called Tweaks2k.net, which esentially is a GUI for setting registry hacks, and that is an option that is included. It gives you the ability to turn on Sent Item Notification, as well as MULTIPLE other tweaks. Like I said, I am not techy enough to go into the registry myself, so it was a great investment for me. I believe you can get it and handango.com among other sites as well.

Hope this helps you out.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bellington74 View Post
    That is correct, it is normal behavior. By default, the Treo 750s threaded SMS application does not display a notification that the message was succesfully sent. To my knowledge there are no "free" tools out there, and I am not techy enough to know if there is a registry hack for this, but I am sure there is because you can use a program called Tweaks2k.net, which esentially is a GUI for setting registry hacks, and that is an option that is included. It gives you the ability to turn on Sent Item Notification, as well as MULTIPLE other tweaks. Like I said, I am not techy enough to go into the registry myself, so it was a great investment for me. I believe you can get it and handango.com among other sites as well.

Hope this helps you out.
    Thanks for that. For the life of me I cannot understand why Palm turned that off. I might be just a bit suspicious about it but I had an issue with the Atom where sometimes it would keep an SMS in the outbox for hours or even days before sending it so I like to know it has gone.
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>