1.    #1  
    Ok this is my first post and I came here for much needed help. I have a 700wx treo with sprint service. I have their most recent software downloaded to the phone.

yesterday my phone would not make calls ... it locked up while "dailing" it would finally time out. so i did a soft reset and thought i was cool. WRONG!

my phone now sends incoming calls right to voicemail and doesn't let me get on the internet.

so i called sprint. I did a hard reset on my phone and no dice. Then this morning when i woke up my phone worked. I made two phone calls. Then i decided to check the internet. and it modem time out again. So i tried to make another call it didn't work.

sprint is not any help and i don't want to buy a new phone any ideas?????

thanks love the site~
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Bring it back to Sprint for a new one. If a hard reset didn't fix it then you really need to bring it back.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Bring it back to Sprint for a new one. If a hard reset didn't fix it then you really need to bring it back.
    Agreed... The phone sounds borked and from other threads you should get a new one while the getting is good...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #4  
    They can't do anything for it there. They looked at it today and said that it might fix itself!?!?!

And i guess my insurance didn't carry over from nextel either so i guess im out 300 bucks????

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this phone?
    Even if insurance doesn't want to cover it it is under warranty by Palm for a year. Hit them up for a new one.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    yea i guess ill try that how do you think i should talk to them ? tell them that i know its under palm warranty and that HAVE TO HAVE A NEW ONE???
    You'll have to go through Palm's troubleshooting steps... If they can't fix it they'll replace it. Just be sure to press the issue if it isn't automatically discussed.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

8.    #8  
    should i call palm then to do that or should i print out the palm trouble shooting stuff and go up there?
    Call Palm.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

10.    #10  
    ok ill let you know how it goes
  11.    #11  
    I called palm and they wanted me to send in the phone and I would be out of one for 3-5 weeks while they worked on it. I told them that wouldn't work so they said they could send me a replacement for 25 bucks and have it here by monday. So thanks for the help. Ill let you know how good the replacement works.
    Quote Originally Posted by painter0121 View Post
    I called palm and they wanted me to send in the phone and I would be out of one for 3-5 weeks while they worked on it. I told them that wouldn't work so they said they could send me a replacement for 25 bucks and have it here by monday. So thanks for the help. Ill let you know how good the replacement works.
    Thanks for that 25 buck comment. That's good to know... just in case.

-Frank
  13.    #13  
    yea 25 bucks but it has to be within a year of the purchase date BUT they didn't even ask for a receipt or anything ....so... you make the call.

I also typed in ##33284# and it shows a date on there about the warranty but i don't know if they go by that .... the date that it shows was a month before i bought my phone. I then check my gf treo, which i purchased 2 months after mine and it had a older date on it that was older then my phone. My gf treo date in her phone runs out in dec ... so i don't know if they go by that or not ... if they did you may be able to submit a receipt with it to prove it hasn't been working for a fun year.

hope that helps someone....and i hope the replacement works welll ... ill keep ya posted...
    No problem! That's what this site is for.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

15.    #15  
    my phone just arrived ... well its at home sitting on my door step.... hope its still there in 4 hours ... i can't wait to add sprint tv to it!!!
  16.    #16  
    I got my new treo in the mail today... and by new i mean new. they sent me a new one and not a replacement. fresh out the box and all.

thanks for everyone help
    I also typed in ##33284# and it shows a date on there about the warranty but i don't know if they go by that
    I can't find that date on mine. Exactly where is it?

-Frank