1.    #1  
    Wife is always sneaking and looking through my phone....I want an alarm to go off if she tries to go on it. I know I can password protect , but then it will look like I am trying to hide something. I rather just bust her everytime she tries to snoop....any programs?
    I don't know of any apps like that, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to have one of the Mortscript geniuses in here develop a simple script to set off a ringtone, or alarm sound whenever the phone is woken up or unlocked, that you can turn on or off at will. Maybe if you don't mind it as a constant, I wonder what dropping a sound file into your startup folder would do?

P.S. I think this may be something you learn not to like about your Treo though...after the first time, I think she would learn to switch the device to vibrate, and there isn't any over-riding that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
    Wife is always sneaking and looking through my phone....I want an alarm to go off if she tries to go on it. I know I can password protect , but then it will look like I am trying to hide something. I rather just bust her everytime she tries to snoop....any programs?
    Sounds like you have a problem...and I don't mean with the phone.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Sounds like you have a problem...and I don't mean with the phone.
    Wellll.....I wasn't going to go there, but......
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB1 View Post
    That's not nice.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Does someone have a secret?

Last edited by dimitri; 11/06/2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Does someone have a secret?

I actually had an idea to use Flashlite to make this work for guys who don't want people to see numbers they called, contacts they have, or videos they may have.. lol

Basically, working with a slide to unlock function.

when the phone turns on the slide to unlock screen pulls up; to activate your normal desktop, tap a small pixel toward the top of the screen and then slide the slider.

however, if a person is unaware of that pixel (cough a boss or a wife by chance?)

and if they slide the slider, it will take them to a faux desktop, that completely resembles and mirrors your own.

This faux desktop will be completely in flash, so you control the call history they see, the contacts they see, the files the see, Everything!

then when you go back to your phone, you will notice it's in this faux desktop, and can pull up menus telling you when it was activated, how long it was activated for and so on.

thats all possible.

I never owned or worked with a device that had a front camera, but maybe find a way to access that and knab a few shots during the time?

also, when you know the phone will be on you all day, you can close out of the app, and everything will run perfectly fine.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    UPDATE

I started putting together the said program

so far so good, I need to find a way to still list the call history and your inbox, while blocking everything you don't want anyone to see.

allowing you to save any files or messages on your end, and in a way "cloaking" them from everyone else.

This happens alot

(^^;; already getting crap from the wife about developing this)

but in the name of development we'll see how this goes.
    Ya' know... without passing judgment... this type of security is already popular in the desktop/laptop operating system computing world. In fact, many (all?) Kiosks designed for public use are already being configured to prevent users from seeing any information created by previous users. Makes sense. The Treo is a computer first and a phone second. This is precisely the type of configuration that provides an added benefit of a PocketPC Phone over a standard cell-phone.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    You guys are geniuses!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post

how do you password protect anyways? all i can figure out is to lock outgoing calls. thanks
    Verizon 700W(it sucks)
    I think he meant password protect the phone from being used at all (settings->lock), not password protect the phone from preventing outgoing calls.