1.    #1  
    I am eagerly waiting for ATT WM6 release, but had these questions in mind. Cant decide if WM5 would be better to stick to, or if WM6 is better. If you have used WM6 on treo 750, please help me out.

How is WM6 performance on Treo 750? I mean is there a remarkable and noticable difference in WM6 experience compared to WM5? Hows speed while running apps and games?

How much memory space WM6 takes on the device and how much memory is available to user....

and can WM6 run WM5 compatible apps?

Thanks for your inputs...
  2. yud
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    I am eagerly waiting for ATT WM6 release, but had these questions in mind. Cant decide if WM5 would be better to stick to, or if WM6 is better. If you have used WM6 on treo 750, please help me out.

How is WM6 performance on Treo 750? I mean is there a remarkable and noticable difference in WM6 experience compared to WM5? Hows speed while running apps and games?

How much memory space WM6 takes on the device and how much memory is available to user....

and can WM6 run WM5 compatible apps?

Thanks for your inputs...
    I have not done any scientific speed test comparison but my impression is that WM6 is faster. It feels faster. Still FAR FAR slower than Palm OS, but better than the crappy WM5.

I had no issue with any WM5 apps, all are working on WM6 (TTN6, SplashID, SPB PocketPlus/Weather/Time, Total Commander, PHM Registry Editor, TCPMP). I upgraded Sprite Backup to the latest in order to get rid of an error backing up a couple of files.

The main benefit for me, rather than speed, is the HUGE improvement in:
    1. Answering calls has no delay, like a normal phone
    2. Incoming calls ring immediately, like a normal phone
    3. The SD card is not dropping off

All in all: I'm very happy.

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
    but the chinese add on is so unstable on WM6...so I fall back to WM5...finallY!
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by twohand View Post
    but the chinese add on is so unstable on WM6...so I fall back to WM5...finallY!
    How did you get WM5 back on your phone?? Is it possible to revert to WM5 if WM6 fails to impress?
    Quote Originally Posted by yud View Post
    I have not done any scientific speed test comparison but my impression is that WM6 is faster. It feels faster. Still FAR FAR slower than Palm OS, but better than the crappy WM5.

I had no issue with any WM5 apps, all are working on WM6 (TTN6, SplashID, SPB PocketPlus/Weather/Time, Total Commander, PHM Registry Editor, TCPMP). I upgraded Sprite Backup to the latest in order to get rid of an error backing up a couple of files.

The main benefit for me, rather than speed, is the HUGE improvement in:
    1. Answering calls has no delay, like a normal phone
    2. Incoming calls ring immediately, like a normal phone
    3. The SD card is not dropping off

All in all: I'm very happy.

Y.
    I agree with the above. I also find the Treo much faster in calendar and contacs. I also like the function when you send a contact via text messge that you don't have to send the entire contact but can choose which info you want to send (phone, mobile, adress etc).
    Far better bluetooth connectivity
    HSDPA support without running a hack that for some was unstable
    Ability to charge your phone via USB--no need for wall charger when connected to Active sync.
    Palm's tweak to in call screen adds mute and speaker phone icons to the display where they should have been.
    Included app that lets you disable the AT&T proxy which used to require a hack.

Huge improvement in my book, although most say it is more like WM5.5 than a new OS. Basically all the stuff I mentioned above has nothing to do with the OS and everything to do with Palm/AT&T's version and ROM tweaks. Everything above could have worked on WM5 but Palm blew it big time with WM5 for the 750--they got it right with this release. Given the existing 750 hardware and RAM I would say there is probably not much more to look for with the 750.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    WM6 is def more snappy than 5, you can easily tell when going through the menus and settings.

Putting 6 on my device was a. No-brainer for me, I put it on as soon as I could. No regrets here, and I was experienced w/sd card installs already so the process was a breeze.
    Question - any of you using Goodlink on your upgraded ROM's? And is there a way to back out of it if you want to go back to the old version of WM5?