1.    #1  
    I have a few questions. I'm sure many people are very excited about the launch of the new ultra mobile PC laptop, ...Asus eee PC.

A few days ago, I received a new Treo 700wx with Sprint Service. I have unlimited data service.

Q1: Under Sprint service, can I use to my Treo 700wx to tether (for free) to my regular laptop?

Q2: Do I need to purchase additional software application (e.g. pdaNet) to do tethering?

Q3: Is there any additional charge by Sprint toward my monthly statement for tethering, and if so, how can I get around it? I have internet access at home, so I only need to do tethering once in a while when I'm on the road or on vacation.

Q4: Is tethering basically, hooking the Treo USB cable into the laptop or do I tether by mean of bluetooth technology?

Q5: I plan to purchase the new Asus eee PC laptop. The Asus eee PC uses Linux operating system. So, does tethering work with the Asus eee PC laptop?

Thank you all for your wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoTML View Post
    Q1: Under Sprint service, can I use to my Treo 700wx to tether (for free) to my regular laptop?
    No. Without having an additional phone as modem plan you are not allowed to tether

Q2: Do I need to purchase additional software application (e.g. pdaNet) to do tethering?
    Yes. If you do not want to pay Sprint an app such as PDANet is required.

Q3: Is there any additional charge by Sprint toward my monthly statement for tethering, and if so, how can I get around it? I have internet access at home, so I only need to do tethering once in a while when I'm on the road or on vacation.
    See 1 and 2.

Q4: Is tethering basically, hooking the Treo USB cable into the laptop or do I tether by mean of bluetooth technology?
    Either.

Q5: I plan to purchase the new Asus eee PC laptop. The Asus eee PC uses Linux operating system. So, does tethering work with the Asus eee PC laptop?
    I'm not sure if PDANet is compatible with Linux but I know there is a Linux driver out there for the Treo 700wx.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.