Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Not holding my breath but maybe this time it's right!!!
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Please stop dreaming... Palm does not even acknowledge its customers. Do you really think they are going to support such a piece of junk as the 750?
    Quote Originally Posted by osmanbo View Post
    Please stop dreaming... Palm does not even acknowledge its customers. Do you really think they are going to support such a piece of junk as the 750?
    I agree, that Palm doesn't acknowledge their customers and that they come from the old IBM school of thought which was they know what the customers need not the customers themselves. They rarely communicate timely informatin to their customers and they seem to lack direction. You could almost say they are an exact model of how NOT to run a company, but the 750 is certainly not a piece of junk. It has its issues like any pda does but it is a great device.

Palm ultimately makes goods products--sometimes after an update or two-- and that is why they continue to survive.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    My latest chat with palm support as of this morning. They are still going off the template, but when pressed they keep adding very's to the soon's(names changed to prevent harrasment):

Palm_Tech > Hello Me, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.
    My name is Palm_Tech. How may I help you?
    Palm_Tech > Hello.
    Me > hello
    Palm_Tech > I understand that you wish to know about the Windows Mobile 6
    download.
    Me > yes
    Palm_Tech > It is not yet released, it will be released very soon.
    Palm_Tech > I would like to inform you that the Palm Engineering team has
    studied the complete release of Windows Mobile 6 and the build for Treo
    750 is being developed.
    Palm_Tech > The same is being forward to get approval from the vendors.
    Palm_Tech > Once the testing of the final product is done, it will be
    released for customers.
    Palm_Tech > As of now there is no exact ETA but it will be released in
    coming months as this build is a major update of Operating system.
    Palm_Tech > It should be released very soon./
    Me > ok
    Me > Do you think it will be released before Christmas?
    Me > Or next year?
    Palm_Tech > Yes, it should be.
    Palm_Tech > It is in the final stage of testing.
    Palm_Tech > It will be released very soon.
    Me > ok just planning a purchase of one for my wife, and trying to
    see if its this or another phone, since the issues on this phone are
    supposedly fixed in the update
    Palm_Tech > Yes, all the issues are fixed in the update.
    Me > and it "should" be out before Christmas?
    Palm_Tech > I will give you the link where it will get posted once it is
    released.
    Me > ok thanks
    Palm_Tech > Yes, it should be before Christmas
    Palm_Tech > http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/
    Palm_Tech > It will be posted on the above link.
    Me > ok thank you.
    Palm_Tech >
    You are welcome.

Thank you for contacting Palm Chat Support.

Have a nice time!
    Palm_Tech > Wish you good luck!
    Palm_Tech > Bye!!
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    boy I hope so ... but is there a way to go back to WM5 if I want to?
    If I bet then I would put my money on the update actually coming out tomorrow. Treonauts seems to have a very good source inside palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    If I bet then I would put my money on the update actually coming out tomorrow. Treonauts seems to have a very good source inside palm.
    I would agree, I can't remember a time when he has been wrong and I don't think he would put anything up if he wasn't almost 100% sure. But that said...I wouldn't bet much!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I was told by an AT&T support person that WM6 would be released the second week in Nov. Based on the credibility of past reports about new firmware releases, phones, etc., I didn't give it much thought. I think everyone is at the "I'll believe it when I see it" stage.
    Murphy's law...
    It'll be released tomorrow and an hour later, Palm's servers will crash due to the high traffic volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    I was told by an AT&T support person that WM6 would be released the second week in Nov. Based on the credibility of past reports about new firmware releases, phones, etc., I didn't give it much thought. I think everyone is at the "I'll believe it when I see it" stage.
    It most be sometime really soon. Check this out: http://www.america.htc.com/support/8...downloads.html
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I don't get it that why you guys are waiting for the update by palm, there is a WM6 ROM floating around for treo 750 for a while (search xda-forums) I've WM6 installed on my Treo750 for the past 4 months ??????
    Didn't you guys install that ROM on your Treos?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaridi1 View Post
    I don't get it that why you guys are waiting for the update by palm, there is a WM6 ROM floating around for treo 750 for a while (search xda-forums) I've WM6 installed on my Treo750 for the past 4 months ??????
    Didn't you guys install that ROM on your Treos?
    Some people want the finished ROM, the extra features, supported AT&T features, and bricking support (read as support if the update bricks the phone). For others that do not want these yeah all sorts of ROM's are available. The rest of us are just gonna whine till we get ours
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Its after midnight on the 6th, where is my update!! argh!!!! j/k

Looks like we didn't get lucky like the 8525 owners that got their update 2 days early. Oh well just like Halo 3 release night I shall go to bed unfulfilled.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    So anymore news on the "leaked Nov 6th" date for the Treo 750 WM6 release?? I've looked in all the links we were given in the various scripts by palm and at&t, doing [ctrl] + [F5] to refresh and view source looking for commented out links, nada. Looks like another "bona fide email from the director" date has been missed, how surprising. June 2008 is looking more and more realistic with every passing day.

Just waiting for 6am PST so I can get on Palm support chat to see if they have added another very to the script.
    In Geological time Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Soon does mean 6months to 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    So anymore news on the "leaked Nov 6th" date for the Treo 750 WM6 release?? I've looked in all the links we were given in the various scripts by palm and at&t, doing [ctrl] + [F5] to refresh and view source looking for commented out links, nada. Looks like another "bona fide email from the director" date has been missed, how surprising. June 2008 is looking more and more realistic with every passing day.

Just waiting for 6am PST so I can get on Palm support chat to see if they have added another very to the script.
    I wouldn't give up hope yet on today. To be clear, I have no inside information, but if I remember correctly from past Palm updates, they were released closer to noon ET, 9am PT. So I will at least give them until then before I begin to believe the day is lost. Like many others though, at least I have been using the leaked WM6 ROM for months, with great results, so I admit I have a bit more patience then some of you.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    I wouldn't give up hope yet on today. To be clear, I have no inside information, but if I remember correctly from past Palm updates, they were released closer to noon ET, 9am PT. So I will at least give them until then before I begin to believe the day is lost. Like many others though, at least I have been using the leaked WM6 ROM for months, with great results, so I admit I have a bit more patience then some of you.
    If it went fear of me bricking the phone, by missing a step or being a complete bonehead, and the fact that my company can be complete nazis about running unsupported os's on phones which hit their network I might have taken the plunge already.
    In Geological time Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Soon does mean 6months to 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    If it went fear of me bricking the phone, by missing a step or being a complete bonehead, and the fact that my company can be complete nazis about running unsupported os's on phones which hit their network I might have taken the plunge already.
    Very true about corporations and their support function - that is a real risk. I have the advantage of working for a small consulting firm where my best friend is our outside IT support person. If I was in a large organization I probably wouldn't risk it either.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Wonder if this has anything to do with it. And is this a good announcement or bad one.
    http://mytreo.net/archives/2007/11/p...onference.html
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Check out the last comment on this blog post which was the starter for this date of Nov 6th:

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/11/tr....html#comments

by GN | Nov 6, 2007 3:19:40 PM

today is the 6th and still no upgrade! i just spoke to Matthew at Palm and once again the wm6 upgrade for at&t users has been delayed and they refuse to give a release date or any information. The blame is not put on at&t as they are not the ones releasing this upgrade. They gave the upgrade the green light and have been waiting on Palm to release it. It is not fair that every other country and anyone with an unlocked Treo can now get the upgrade but us at&t users are still waiting...the funny thing is that they already started shipping Treo 750's to at&t stores already pre-loaded with WM6...then palm wonders why they are losing money and customers. this is the last treo i ever buy! i'm done with palm and their empty promises!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast