Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Just to squelch the rumor of a release today:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user 750_User has entered room
    We are experiencing higher than usual service times. Please wait and an analyst will be with you shortly.
    We are experiencing higher than usual service times. Please wait and an analyst will be with you shortly.
    analyst Sparky has entered room
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:10:40 CST 2007)>Hello 750_User, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Sparky. How may I help you?
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:10:43 CST 2007)>Hello.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:13:50 CST 2007)>Hello
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:14:36 CST 2007)>Was wondering if there was any updated information available in regards to the WM6 update for the AT&T Treo 750
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:12:42 CST 2007)>I understand that you wnat to know when WM6 is going to release.
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:12:53 CST 2007)>I will assist you to fix the issue.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:15:49 CST 2007)>I'm not sure if you are aware but there was a "leaked" email going around that supposedly came from the AT&T Data Project Manager stating it would be available on the 6th, today.
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:13:53 CST 2007)>Am sorry I am not sure about that information.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:17:42 CST 2007)>Quite honestly, at this point I think most of the users that are waiting for this update would be content to be offered any kind of information as to why the release keeps getting delayed, and if it will even be available before the end of the year.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:18:34 CST 2007)>I understand that you have no control over the release personally, and you probably wish they would release it so we would leave you alone
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:16:56 CST 2007)>I have just now talked to our Engeniers and found that WM 6 is in final testing stage and we will be releasing soon.
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:17:43 CST 2007)>Our Engeniers are working on it and they will be releasing it soon.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:20:39 CST 2007)>Thats the same thing we have been told for months, so sorry if I seem cynical. I have pages of chat trascripts that state the very same thing going clear back to August
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:21:29 CST 2007)>Can you verify that AT&T has signed off on the release, and that it is in Palms hands now, or is there still an issue with AT&T
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:22:03 CST 2007)>It is just very frusterating knowing that every model of the 750 has recieved an update except for the AT&T model
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:19:34 CST 2007)>I am sorry for that.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:23:14 CST 2007)>So you can say for 100% certainty that the release will not be coming out today correct?
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:21:03 CST 2007)>No, WM6 will not going to release it today.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:24:06 CST 2007)>Can you say that it will be out before the end of the year?
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:24:10 CST 2007)>for sure
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:22:21 CST 2007)>I am sorry WM6 is in Final testing stage and it is going to release it soon.
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:22:42 CST 2007)>We will update the information in our website when WM6 is released.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:25:51 CST 2007)>I appreciate your honesty in answering my questions
    Sparky(Tue Nov 6 09:23:17 CST 2007)>Thank you.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:26:11 CST 2007)>I will continue to wait then.
    750_User(Tue Nov 6 11:26:22 CST 2007)>Have a great day
    The problem is that Palm is mispelling soon. They should be spelling it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.
    Just finished online chat with Palm technical support representative. After telling me the usual scripted "it is in testing and will be released shortly", he realized how pissed I was (I said I wanted the log of our chat and my complaints about the delay sent to customer service and engineering), and he ended the conversation by apologizing and telling me he "feels confident WM 6.0 for AT&T Treo will be released in the next few days."

Who knows if he was just trying to placate me, but I thought I would share the info .......
    What a crock! The leaked ROM has been working fine for quite a while now.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAESQ View Post
    Just finished online chat with Palm technical support representative. After telling me the usual scripted "it is in testing and will be released shortly", he realized how pissed I was (I said I wanted the log of our chat and my complaints about the delay sent to customer service and engineering), and he ended the conversation by apologizing and telling me he "feels confident WM 6.0 for AT&T Treo will be released in the next few days."

Who knows if he was just trying to placate me, but I thought I would share the info .......

Now there'll be another 400 posts on the Palm and AT&T definitions of "few"!!!!
    Here we go again.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    Here we go again.

Yes Scubaduba I second that. Here we go again. My Treo 750 has been perfectly fine ever since I got it and so has everyone elses on this board. Calling Palm names and screaming at tech support people is not going to get the WM 6 release any faster. It's very obvious from the lack of posts on this message board that the Treo 750 is by far the best and most stable Treo made to date. This is the most boring (and I mean that in a good way :-))message board because there are so few problems with the Treo 750.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    Yes Scubaduba I second that. Here we go again. My Treo 750 has been perfectly fine ever since I got it and so has everyone elses on this board. Calling Palm names and screaming at tech support people is not going to get the WM 6 release any faster. It's very obvious from the lack of posts on this message board that the Treo 750 is by far the best and most stable Treo made to date. This is the most boring (and I mean that in a good way :-))message board because there are so few problems with the Treo 750.
    I agree, but the fault that Palm needs to carry is announcing it so early (or delivering it so late I guess). When did they announce wm6 would be available for the 750? March? I don't remember. Either way seeing other devices released with wm6 just frustrates us Internet-posting gadget freaks. They can script wm6 to accommodate a brand new device in less time than upgrading one?

I know better than that, but the masses certainly don't. Plus I have wm6 on my 750 already and couldn't be happier with it. I'd bet its the exact same OS version that gets released anyway
    I agree to some extent with mmeroes ramblings but I bought the 750 with the pretense that WM6 would be right around the corner and I'd be able to upgrade for free. It was a sales pitch for the device when I bought it.

Yep. It's still gonna be free but it would have been nice if someone had told me how large a corner Palm had to go around. I could go with the xda version of WM6 but I'm not as saavy with bootleg upgrades as others and would probably end up with a nice paperwieght.

I think it's poor customer relations but then again, neither Palm nor ATT have asked for my opinion. So, I'll wait and see if the Palm Support Agents are talking about a November 2007 release or a November 2008 release.
    I'm curious as of to how long it will be once they do release the WM6 upgrade that the new Treo will come out for AT&T. The 750 is about a year old so I would think that the next version isn't too far off.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    There will be a new WM treo for CDMA before a gsm one, I'd wager. They're long overdue.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    With all due respect, you must have the only Treo 750 running WM 5.0 that has been perfect and you certainly don't speak for everyone else on this board. (See the dozens of posts listing numerous problems with WM 5.0 on Treo 750).

We have a right to be frustrated with Palm and to voice our displeasure when they release a phone in Dec. 06 promising a speed upgrade shortly and almost a year later there is no update and no date certain - particularly when almost every other Treo 750 except the Cing/AT&T has the update. On top of that, WM 5.0 bluetooth stack on my phone makes it an unrelaible link with my BMW car kit and AT&T promised me, in April, it would be fixed in 6.0. Many others have experienced BT problems (see Bcaslis posts last spring). Plus the HTML mail issues, sound problems, card issues, no charge on the USB, etc. etc.

People like me have agreed to deal with all the bugs of 5.0 only because Cing/At&T and Palm assured us a fix/upgrade was coming Summer '07. No one, not even you, can blame us for running out of patience and expressing it politely in a customer service arena. (I don't know where you came up with "Screaming")

So please, don't open your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.
    That was a little harsh don't you think? To add my name to the list, I've got a locked AT&T branded 750 running WM5 and I have not done the HSDPA hack. I have only had one problem with my phone, somehow the keygaurd got turned on and no matter what setting I chose I could not get it to turn off. I did a soft reset and all was good. I've had my phone since April and besides that little glitch, I have had ZERO problems. I've had a 8125, Treo 650, Treo 600, Audiovox 5600 and this is by far the most stable phone I have ever owned.

More people are apt to go out of their way to share a negative experience than to share a good one. They have sold a ton of these phones and not every single owner is a member of this forum so there is no way to tell if problems affect a majority of owners or just a small segment. Also, people are modding their phones which could be a culprit to some (not all) of the problems that owners are experiencing.

Yes it is annoying that the update has taken forever but something must not be working correctly because they have not released it. You are irritated now, imagine how irritated you would be if Palm released the update and it messed up your phone or even worse, bricked it.

Bluetooth in vehicles is more the culprit than the bluetooth stack on your phone. I work for luxury automotive dealership and the cars bluetooth is picky to say the least. I have checked out the bluetooth options in other models that get traded in and they are just as bad. It will work perfectly with some phones and you will be able to get all 10 features as listed (signal strength indicator, phone book, call transfer, call hang up...ect.) but on other phones that have bluetooth, you will only get 3 of the 10 features.. It is weird and inconsistant to say the least. AT&T should not have promised you the update since they were not the ones developing it, they should have told you that Palm is working on an update and left it at that but the the guy was trying to make a sale so of coarse he promised you the update.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    Take it for what it is worth.....

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/1...track-for-thi/
    I guess I kinda have to agree with wookie. I've had a Treo 650, 680, Samsung i730, and now a Treo 750 on AT&T. I switched from the 680 to the 750 because of everything you can do with wm that you cannot do with POS. POS is a great OS, don't get me wrong. Simple, easy to use, and does have a few advantages. But overall, I like WM better. I did not buy any of the previous phones because of what someone promised me they might be able to do in the future. I bought them for what they could do when I bought them. WM% is buggy, and it sometimes (ok, always) drops the mem card. But I knew that from these forums BEFORE I bought it. My 750 is rock stable. Besides the mem card issue, nothing is wrong with it. Will I upgrade to WM6 when it comes out? You bet, whether it's tomorrow, next week, or next year. But to have bought the phone because it might have been upgraded to WM6, well, to me, that would have been foolish. Sales people make money for making sales, they don't have to worry about the customer service side after the sale. If anyone is interested, I have a 7 year old mare in foal that might throw a Kentuck Derby winner!
    see now i believe ranting andraving is in call for. it shows that people lose faith in a company. after i'm done with my 750 I do not lan on getting another treo. great hone, but easily the most unreliable company putting these out. that shows a lack of respect to the customers, and draws business away.
    "Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania' or 'teria"

Treo 750
    The 750 was sold with WM5. You bought it with WM5 knowing it had WM5. Palm never announced a firm date for any upgrade. Any dates that have appeared are the result of speculation and wishful thinking. All you whiners have to get over it. I've used the Aussie ROM and the ATT leak, I'm currently using the ROW ROM, all on ATT. They work fine. No problems with any. If you want WM6, you've got it. It's great. It's faster, smoother, has a couple of nice fixes like a speakerphone icon. It runs GMM (and you can even bypass security password).

It's there if you want it. Use it. Stop the bi#ching.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAESQ View Post
    -The problem you are having is not a problem the majority of the people are having.
    -There was NEVER an official release date announcement of when WM 6 would come out.
    - If AT&T personally promised you they would fix your problem in the next release of WM. I can assure your quote above applies to whoever you spoke to because even though WM 6 according to this thread fixes your disconnect problem. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=bmw
    AT&T will only announce the fixes after WM 6 release is out.
    -I can understand your frustration. But you will not have to wait too long.

And I'm sure you are like me; you would rather download the AT&T version of WM 6 for your phone rather than downloading one of the other ones off of the Internet.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hello all, newbie here. I am new to having a Treo 750, my first foray into a pda phone, and windows mobile. Previously had a Palm T/X pda, so this is all new to me. I too am anxiously awaiting the upgrade to WM 6, have read through XDA Developers and have thought about trying that, but because I am new to all of this, I am very leary, because I am scared I will mess it up. Is there a place to find step by step directions for a newbie, even the ones on XDA seem daunting to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybob View Post
    The 750 was sold with WM5. You bought it with WM5 knowing it had WM5. Palm never announced a firm date for any upgrade. Any dates that have appeared are the result of speculation and wishful thinking. All you whiners have to get over it. I've used the Aussie ROM and the ATT leak, I'm currently using the ROW ROM, all on ATT. They work fine. No problems with any. If you want WM6, you've got it. It's great. It's faster, smoother, has a couple of nice fixes like a speakerphone icon. It runs GMM (and you can even bypass security password).
    It's there if you want it. Use it. Stop the bi#ching.
    I'll admit there are of few posters who just need to get over themselves acting as if this upgrade is the most important thing in their lives. However I also am not fond of those people who just discount other people's issues and tell you to just accept getting screwed and move on. To some of us the upgrade is not an issue of simply wanting the latest and greatest cool software. There are still many bugs that are keeping some of our phones from being highly usable. To those of you out there who have no problems, that's great. But the 750 came out in February and here we are in November with no fixes for these issues. And none are planned because they tell us that many issues will be addressed in WM6. So if WM6 is Palm/ATT's only recourse to fix some substantial issues, then people have a right to be knocking rather loudly on their doors demanding a fix. And it is not realistic to tell people to just download the leaked ROM. Regardless of how good it is, some people want the official release for various reasons. So if you are happy with your device then why bother posting in this thread to slam the folks who are frustrated with their situation? Just move on.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast