1.    #1  
    I just got a new treo 680 refurb and my mom wants a 680, i was thinking of buying the 750 for me and giving her my new 680. In your opinion is the 750 + WM as bad as i hear? or is it better than palm OS in your opinion? thanks

Btw i will be getting it refurb too for $99 off ATT
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson
    What bad things have you heard? I believe the sentiment in general is positive. Its no 700p, thats for sure.

Surur
    I agree...I bought the Treo 750 a couple of days ago and after loading the WM version of my favorite apps (Agendus Pro, Ringo Pro) and some others, I'm actually pleased with the device.

I only have a couple of issues with email. IMAP doesn't truly work like IMAP (you don't get new emails in the mail client once they arrive at the server, unless its just GMAIL) and you cannot read html-formatted emails, but that issue seems to be fixed in WM6.
    Crypto
    m100 -> Tungsten W -> Treo 650 -> Treo 750

"Popeyes is the shizzznit!!!"
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    You'll find that going from the 680 to the 750, you will never go back to Palm Operating system again. I have owned all previous Treo's including the 680 and really like the 750. It takes a few days to a week to get used to the differences of the Windows Mobile OS but it's far superior to the Palm OS. Plus nothing beats being able to surf the web at almost 1MB speed and talking on the phone at the same time. Also the Bluetooth beats the prior Palm bluetooths (unless you are trying to connect to a BMW Bluetooth)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    You'll find that going from the 680 to the 750, you will never go back to Palm Operating system again. I have owned all previous Treo's including the 680 and really like the 750. It takes a few days to a week to get used to the differences of the Windows Mobile OS but it's far superior to the Palm OS. Plus nothing beats being able to surf the web at almost 1MB speed and talking on the phone at the same time. Also the Bluetooth beats the prior Palm bluetooths (unless you are trying to connect to a BMW Bluetooth)
    Only very few drops of bluetooth with my '06 BMW 5 series with iDrive now that I am running WM6. I also installed the Jetware software and I can actually access all my contacts or send over by group. Jetware does not seem to improve connectivity but it does improve fucntionality. Withou it only my speed dials were visible in my car kit, now I have all I want (up to several hundred anyway).
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Only very few drops of bluetooth with my '06 BMW 5 series with iDrive now that I am running WM6. I also installed the Jetware software and I can actually access all my contacts or send over by group. Jetware does not seem to improve connectivity but it does improve fucntionality. Withou it only my speed dials were visible in my car kit, now I have all I want (up to several hundred anyway).
    That's cool about the Jetware. I'm not as fortunate with my '07 Mercedes S; it would be nice to be able to transfer the phone book. I tried an iPhone and it transfered all 1600 of my contacts. I doubt WM 6 will solve this but you never know. Fortunately I never get any disconnects and I could live with just using the Treo's phone book to dial.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the input. Im thinking about sending my 680 back in exchange for this one, recently i have been getting a few random "shutdowns" as its completely off, and i have to take the battery out for it to power on
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson