1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 served me well over the last year and a half. Gave me the idea for the short antenna and was very useful as a tool at my work. I consider myself a rather heavy user.

The main problem I have with the 650 is that for the last year or so it failed the calander sync no matter what I did. It will not sync with Palm desktop or outlook. I have decided to go the WM way but stay with the Treo hardware after I tried several other phones. I really liked the HTC touch in terms of size and style but the lack of keyboard took it off the list. I upgraded my Cingular account and got a very good deal on a 750 so now I have a few questions.

Accessories wise I have a lot of accessories for the 650 and I was wondering which will work with the 750 and which wont ?

- Original Palm cradle.
    - Original Palm Hard case (I know it has a hole for the 650 antenna but it is the best case I ever had).
    - Bluetooth GPS reciver.
    - USB sync cables.
    - Treo 650 battery.

As for software. What are the equivilant in the WM world to the following and which come with the 750?

- Memos.
    - Splash ID.
    - World Clock.
    - Resco Backup.

GPS. I really like TomTom but I read that there might be a problem with TT6 and WM6. What are my options here?

Last one. Can I sync the 750 with my PC's outlook so it will work like push mail? That is if I read a message in Outlook on the PC it will show as read on Outlook pocket?

That's it for now. Thanks,
    zoti.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The cradle and the USB sync cables will work. None of the other accessories will. The 750 comes with Sprite Backup which is a fine alternative to Resco. Splash ID is available for WM (and I use it.) There is a world clock built in, and a memo feature.

You can sync your Outlook mail with the 750 but I assume it will copy the "read" status. (I don't use this feature so can't comment first-hand.)
  3.    #3  
    I found out that the battery will not work. Shame. I have 4 of them.

Are you saying the BT GPS will not work?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    I found out that the battery will not work. Shame. I have 4 of them.

Are you saying the BT GPS will not work?
    i too miss many of my old palm sf...
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $splash$ $id$ $didnt$ $work$ $out$ $for$ $me$ $cuz$ $i$ $think$ $new$ $splash$ $id$ $uses$ $some$ $other$ $format$ $and$ $i$ $was$ $unable$ $to$ $transfer$ $all$ $my$ $id$'$s$ $from$ $palm$ $to$ $wm$...$i$ $didnt$ $try$ $after$ $that$ $again$ $so$ $i$ $might$ $be$ $missing$ $something$...$may$ $be$ $someone$ $else$ $can$ $clarify$...

i use bt gps...and it worked perfect (the way i want) with default wm5...but when i upgraded to wm6...while using ttn, treo switches to phone call screen and after hanging stays on today screen..!!! ...whereas with wm5, when a call came, treo never switched screens....but i think i m the only one with this prob...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Ah, sorry, missed that the GPS was Bluetooth. That should work fine. I was thinking it was SDIO.
  6. yud
    As for software. What are the equivilant in the WM world to the following and which come with the 750?

- Memos.
    - Splash ID.
    - World Clock.
    - Resco Backup.

GPS. I really like TomTom but I read that there might be a problem with TT6 and WM6. What are my options here?

zoti.
    SplashID works fine. You can export your records from the SplashID Desktop for Plam and import to SplashID for WM. Usually works fine, although you will find that ActiveSync will stuff it up every single time you make a change on your Treo (restore from backup, change device name, upgrade ActiveSync, and many many other conditions). AS creates a new folder for the DB and a new DB, completely ignoring your settings.There are combersome workarounds for this, contact me for details...
    The short answer: when it works it works well, but it breaks a lot more that the Palm version, and this is an AS problem. (I contacted Splash Data and they confirmed).

TT6 works fine on WM6.

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
  7.    #7  
    What about a solution for push mail with my outlook at home? I only use it at home and I have 5-6 active email addresses.
  8. yud
    What about a solution for push mail with my outlook at home? I only use it at home and I have 5-6 active email addresses.
    As far as I know push email can only work with Microsoft Exchange Server. Not with Outlook client.
    (Unless there's a 3rd party solution for this...)

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
  9.    #9  
    Yeah. 3rd party app for outlook is what I'm looking for.