1.    #1  
    In short.. I want a device that runs quickly, is efficient for calendar options, has a clean organized NOT cluttered, anti ugly icon Today Screen, has lots of additional features, is well-maintained without random useless files, or junk, is multi-language oriented, and that has lots of talking features.

Please keep that in while you read my novel of questions

Okay so onto my next problem: I have the following programs installed at the moment:

Agile Messenger - Constantly logs me out, but seems to have a better interface than IM +

CrazySoft Personality -

Developer One Agenda One - Works great when it's not freezing, going through the loading process, or trying to use the on screen keyboard. It's also not very helpful for the today screen. However, I have just spent 3 hours looking for help about this matter, and it turns out somewhere somehow there is a program called Agenda Today that EverythingTreo, TreoCentral or Handagio or whatever doesn't have but it's mentioned on the Developer One forums on a thread where someone was complaining about the loading screen thing. Anyone heard of it?.. opinions?

MemMaid - Best, easiest, make you feel good because you're cleaning program.

List Pro - If I could get to where I actually make a list, this would be a revolutionary program

LingvoSoft German Keyboard - Ich bin Deutsche und das ist gut fur eine Reise.
    LingvoSoft German Sounds Database
    LingvoSoft German Phrasebook

Mark C Nature - One of the programs that I have no clue what it is, or why it's on my phone but afraid to delete it.

Microsoft .NET CF 2.0 - make that # 2

Microsoft SQL Mobile 2005 - Third times a charm.

PC Counselor Tweaks2k2 - Cool program for one time use and then a great "phone weight"

Pocket Max phoneAlarm - Well you see, the advertisement looked great, however in reality I have installed phoneAlarm and phoneAlarm lite separately and both times it has listed itself as phoneAlarm full in the about section and on top of that it didn't come with a skin, or the language I asked it to install, even after BOTH times of asking it too.... and it has made my phone STOP doing the little notifying that it did.... we'll call that one phoneSilencer for the time being.

Resco Explorer - Still figuring out how to use it.. best feature "Soft Reset" so that I don't have to take off my cute phone cover everytime the GRRR piece of wonderfulness decides that it wants to freeze or needs to be restarted.

Resco FTP Add-in - Third time is obviously not the charm (see above)

Resco Registry Add-in - I think I am going to follow the rule of my ex-boyfriend and apply it to me treo when I used HIS computer .... "don't touch the registry"

Resco Today Plugin - More on this later -- but a decent little add on to crowd up the today screen.

Resco Today Skin Smile - HUGE smile icons that didn't match anything I had in mind.

RMR Software RMRDiet - Just started trying it today and HOPING its better than My personal diet or whatever which basically only lists easily accessible foods if they are fast food... which I don't eat.

SBSH.net iLauncher - I think this is going to be a keeper

SBSH.net PocketBreeze - Too bad it doesn't have a program like AgendaOne that GOES with it.. because it's a great today plug in!

IM + - Don't have a real feel for this one yet

Sk Software SKTools. - I didn't buy it, I only tried it and it only let's you view 6 items.. so I have a feeling that if I bought it, I might find it useful... but I don't want it to conflict with MinuteMaid or whatever that other program is...

Spb Pink Flower Spb Pocket Plus Theme - It's actually a purple flower, if you can even call it a flower.

Spb Pocket Plus - I LOVE the IE add on where you can have more than one window. I like the idea of tabs and customizable today screen, and I have no idea how to work smart scrolling.

Sprite Software Sprite Backup - I have used it, and I hope my Treo doesn't crash because Sprite tells me that backup is successful and calls it .exe but who knows where it would be if I needed it.

Sync Client - What number of "I have no clue what this is" are we on?

VidoOne MyPersonalDiet - Great idea... reminds me of my favorite website that I use for this purpose but it's just NOT good enough.... not enough food listings and doesn't let you do anything unhealthy.. for example, it tries to make you eat 1600 calories a DAY! So because I use it the way I want.. its always telling me to eat more, and that just annoys me when I go to look at how much protein or carbs I had, it's telling me to consume more... UG, I really HOPE RVR or whatever I wrote above (the other diet program) is better.

VidaOne My Sport Training - Pretty cool.

Okay, so you can probably tell that I have TOO many programs, and yet I still feel I am not completely satisfied.
    Question #1 - I need a program that's like MyPersonalDiet but for My Bank Accounts, so that if I put $500 on my debit card, it will show me how much I have left... junk like that. Something that is organized where I could input what I spend on etc. Like a budget thing.

Question #2 - Sbp Pocket Plus and iLauncher are ALMOST the same thing. I want to know what i'll loose if I get rid of PocketPlus, because it's not exactly my favorite. I heard so many great things about this problem but the icons are HIDEOUS, it doesn't fit on the screen well no matter what configuration that one uses. On the other hand I love the IE tabs, what do you think?

Question #3
    Agile Messenger vs. IM+ ? Seriously both of them are slow and they continuously disconnect.. even BEFORE I had them both on there....why do they do that?

Question#4
    I kind of like the idea of iLauncher, and Pocket Breeze together but I would also like a program that went with that that had more advanced options like Agenda One... but it seems a little counterproductive to have both..does anyone else have that or see the need for that?

Question #5 Am I suppose to have to literally YANK my usb cable out of my treo after ActiveSync and is it suppose to disconnect sometimes randomly while it's plugged in?

Question #6 Do I need both MemMaid and SKTools? Why or why not?

Question #7 List Pro.. or should I go with MyList seeing as I like iLauncher and PocketBreeze and they are made by the same person.

Question #8 Has anyone tried those new anti-glare screen covers?

Question #9 Is pocketAlarm worth keeping...... or is it a total waste?

Question #10 Resco and Spb have some of the same cool features like Soft Reset etc. Are they competitors like spb and ilauncher or should I keep both?

Question #11 Where is my backup stored from Sprite Backup?

Question #12 Between the Resco Plug-in, The Spb plug-in and the iLauncher plug-in it was way too much... so I had to eliminate most of their features except that ones I liked.. basically IE window tabs, and File Exploring
    Treo 700wx. My first PDA Smartphone Windows Mobile thing. (Seriously, all this crap is confusing. My device and I currently have a love-hate relationship.)
    High Maintenance, Blonde, and I obsess if Mr. Treo is not working, until I fix it. :P.. unlucky for you.
    to answer a few questions

#6 - memmaid and sktools are good for a few reasons ... they allow you to free up ram that is being used , clean up unnecessary files and tweak settings that improve performance

#8 - i use the screen covers from palm (dont think they are anti glare) and they do a excellent job of protecting the screen . in bright light i can see the screen depending on the angle i hold the device at .

#11 - sprite backup gives you the option to store the backup on a storage card , or the my documents folder on your device .

i realize i didnt answer all of your questions , but rather than sling some bull answering ones i had no clue about i just answered the ones i do ...

btw ... use the search feature in this forum ... it can give you lots of good advice on what works and what doesnt on the 700wx ...

and always remember this ... no device does everything perfectly
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #3. IMO, there's no decent chat client available at present. I used Verichat a year ago, but since Nokia bought it and buried it, no one has stepped up to the plate to replace it.

#4. I use iLauncher, Pocket Breeze and Agenda One together. While there is a slight bit of overlap, I prefer the combination of all three.

#5. The Treo connector sucks. No way around that one.

#7. I use ListPro, but that's only because I had it before MyList came out. I've been meaning to try MyList myself, haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm hoping it works with the d-pad better than ListPro.

#8. I no longer use a screen protector. Maybe risky, maybe not. We'll see.

#11. Check the programs options to find location.
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    I've seen answers to all of your questions other than the first post. The search function works wonders.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    wow....High-MaintenanceCA, dont take this the wrong way but your name is fitting lol...

You answered some of your own questions in your post...having said that -

To see what you are missing when comparing two products, read the documentation on their website - that should give you a good feeling for what will be missing and the features you get.

I love Resco, memmaid, IM+, Spritebackup, and todays agenda, and weatherpanel, that gives me everything that I need for the most part. Remember that we are using smartphones and they will not do everything you want without some speed/performance loss.

I also would suggest searching and reading and doing some research on here, chances are if it is treo related, it has been discussed here....
    My two favorites are:

PocketPlus (it does wonders at saving screen real estate with plug-ins in the tabs as well and many enhancements). I now use no less than nine Today plug-ins with no scrolling!

MemMaid: Absolutely incredible utility - and now inludes a very easy-to-use registry editor.

Both PocketPlus and MemMaid have been recently updated to new versions with fantastic enhancements. You denifately want to have the latest versions.
    Last edited by westronic; 10/31/2007 at 12:48 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Be nice! I used the search function a whole bunch but the threads were outdated and these applications are always being updated. And I wanted to know which ones worked well together which one wouldn't know unless they were using them. I read the entire essential apps thread, and at least 10 others before I wrote this.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I've seen answers to all of your questions other than the first post. The search function works wonders.
    Treo 700wx. My first PDA Smartphone Windows Mobile thing. (Seriously, all this crap is confusing. My device and I currently have a love-hate relationship.)
    High Maintenance, Blonde, and I obsess if Mr. Treo is not working, until I fix it. :P.. unlucky for you.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks. I think i'll buy and keep both MemMaid and SKTools. I know it can't do everything but I am going to make it do at least the best it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    to answer a few questions

#6 - memmaid and sktools are good for a few reasons ... they allow you to free up ram that is being used , clean up unnecessary files and tweak settings that improve performance

#8 - i use the screen covers from palm (dont think they are anti glare) and they do a excellent job of protecting the screen . in bright light i can see the screen depending on the angle i hold the device at .

#11 - sprite backup gives you the option to store the backup on a storage card , or the my documents folder on your device .

i realize i didnt answer all of your questions , but rather than sling some bull answering ones i had no clue about i just answered the ones i do ...

btw ... use the search feature in this forum ... it can give you lots of good advice on what works and what doesnt on the 700wx ...

and always remember this ... no device does everything perfectly
  9.    #9  
    Do I need Resco AND SPB? Don't they both do about the same thing if you don't use the today plug-in? What other program allows you to have multiple windows open in IE? And nobody ever told me how to use smart scrolling so I could decide if I needed it or not.
  10.    #10  
    Where do I find Agenda today.. I can't find it anywhere.. it's not on developer ones website, but it shows up in the forums as their software.
    Today was the first time I actually used the software from PocketBreeze and iLauncher.. have you noticed that you can't move around with anything but the stylis or do I need to mess with the options more? Also, did you ever try spb?

Quote Originally Posted by Xianfox View Post
    #3. IMO, there's no decent chat client available at present. I used Verichat a year ago, but since Nokia bought it and buried it, no one has stepped up to the plate to replace it.

#4. I use iLauncher, Pocket Breeze and Agenda One together. While there is a slight bit of overlap, I prefer the combination of all three.

#5. The Treo connector sucks. No way around that one.

#7. I use ListPro, but that's only because I had it before MyList came out. I've been meaning to try MyList myself, haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm hoping it works with the d-pad better than ListPro.

#8. I no longer use a screen protector. Maybe risky, maybe not. We'll see.

#11. Check the programs options to find location.
  11.    #11  
    I didn't take it the wrong way.... but seriously getting a working device is taking me forever. I'm starting to look at it as a job. Resco has way too many features that I don't know how to use and it's one of the programs that i'm afraid to mess around with because I fear my device won't turn back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    wow....High-MaintenanceCA, dont take this the wrong way but your name is fitting lol...

You answered some of your own questions in your post...having said that -

To see what you are missing when comparing two products, read the documentation on their website - that should give you a good feeling for what will be missing and the features you get.

I love Resco, memmaid, IM+, Spritebackup, and todays agenda, and weatherpanel, that gives me everything that I need for the most part. Remember that we are using smartphones and they will not do everything you want without some speed/performance loss.

I also would suggest searching and reading and doing some research on here, chances are if it is treo related, it has been discussed here....
  12.    #12  
    Saving screen real estate with plug-ins in the tabs? Is there a way to use it and let my calendar be a tab, not just list the program or shortcut?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    My two favorites are:

PocketPlus (it does wonders at saving screen real estate with plug-ins in the tabs as well and many enhancements). I now use no less than nine Today plug-ins with no scrolling!

MemMaid: Absolutely incredible utility - and now inludes a very easy-to-use registry editor.

Both PocketPlus and MemMaid have been recently updated to new versions with fantastic enhancements. You denifately want to have the latest versions.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by High-MaintenanceCA View Post
    Be nice! I used the search function a whole bunch but the threads were outdated and these applications are always being updated. And I wanted to know which ones worked well together which one wouldn't know unless they were using them. I read the entire essential apps thread, and at least 10 others before I wrote this.

Question #1 - I need a program that's like MyPersonalDiet but for My Bank Accounts, so that if I put $500 on my debit card, it will show me how much I have left... junk like that. Something that is organized where I could input what I spend on etc. Like a budget thing.

Don't use them, aint no way that data is getting on my portable device or notebook. Know of Pocket Quicken, Spb e-wallet

Question #2 - Sbp Pocket Plus and iLauncher are ALMOST the same thing. I want to know what i'll loose if I get rid of PocketPlus, because it's not exactly my favorite. I heard so many great things about this problem but the icons are HIDEOUS, it doesn't fit on the screen well no matter what configuration that one uses. On the other hand I love the IE tabs, what do you think?

uninstalled PP+ many times, finally got it just right using the small icons and no labels all the way through. gotta just keep playing with it, get frustrated and then fall for it. Takes up less resources than ilauncher on my device. I have six tabs going across with home tab deidicated to weatherpanel which is another way cool app you didn't list. I have it set for cities to where I travel for business and play and updating every four hours.

Question #3
    Agile Messenger vs. IM+ ? Seriously both of them are slow and they continuously disconnect.. even BEFORE I had them both on there....why do they do that?

uninstalled IM+, I'll just use the default MSN messenger rarely and all the time, the wonderful SMS threaded text in sticky for contact with my four children especially the three away at college.

Question#4
    I kind of like the idea of iLauncher, and Pocket Breeze together but I would also like a program that went with that that had more advanced options like Agenda One... but it seems a little counterproductive to have both..does anyone else have that or see the need for that?

plenty here mix and match em with success, Don't use them myself. I'm happy with what I got

Question #5 Am I suppose to have to literally YANK my usb cable out of my treo after ActiveSync and is it suppose to disconnect sometimes randomly while it's plugged in?

I use cradle with no ill affects at home and work. So it's always connected. I also use the fake server set up and grab my email manually during the day to keep activsync at bay.

Question #6 Do I need both MemMaid and SKTools? Why or why not?

Both are great utility apps. Each has its strong points as you get more experienced with device. MemMaid's safe mode is perfect for you.

Question #7 List Pro.. or should I go with MyList seeing as I like iLauncher and PocketBreeze and they are made by the same person.

your decision SBSH and Scott are two different app providers if I'm thinking right.

Question #8 Has anyone tried those new anti-glare screen covers?

Nope, I've half blind and the OEM works fine with classic back today theme.

Question #9 Is pocketAlarm worth keeping...... or is it a total waste?

Never used it only read posts of those who both love or hate it. I think if some related hacks are in place the third party apps sometimes freak out during operation.

Question #10 Resco and Spb have some of the same cool features like Soft Reset etc. Are they competitors like spb and ilauncher or should I keep both?

I went with the Spb on a System Tab and use the MemMaid one while in it.

Question #11 Where is my backup stored from Sprite Backup?

I store on SD card in back up file. Have one for device out of box and before each app install. Great tool. Can do a hard reset, tap the back up file on SD card and bring the device right back to where it was. Huge time saver for me as I play with this friggin thing more than I do my wife.

Question #12 Between the Resco Plug-in, The Spb plug-in and the iLauncher plug-in it was way too much... so I had to eliminate most of their features except that ones I liked.. basically IE window tabs, and File Exploring

I didn't install the Resco plugin too much wasted resources from the dll whether in use or not for what it is. Always loads whether on Today screen or not. Spb newer version has all I need with system manager app in system tab.

Nice enough for ya!!!
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather