1.    #1  
    I will be traveling to Europe in the near future and expect to be there for a somewhat extended period of time. I want to unlock my AT&T 750 before I leave rather than waiting until I arrive and then find out it will not accept a foriegn sim card. However, I do not have access to a T-Mobile sim card to initiate the unlock dialog. Is it possible to unlock the phone without first having a foreign sim card? I would rather know exactly what I need to do before I call AT&T for the unlock code.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can't start the dialog without the foreign SIM. But you don't need to know this before calling AT&T. Just remember to hold down the option key while punching in the unlock digits.

Don't you have a friend on T-Mobile who will lend you their SIM for a few minutes?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the fast response.

I do not know anyone with T-Moblie, only Sprint and Verizon.

I understand I do not need this information when I call AT&T but I want to avoid getting an unlock code and then not being able to use for some indeterminate period of time.

Thanks again.
    Any foreign SIM will initiate the unlock. You don't need a T-Mobile card.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Yeah - I used an AT&T card from my Treo 650 (AT&T Wireless, that is, the former "Cingular Blue".)

However, in the US there aren't many choices of GSM carriers, T-Mobile is really the only other national choice. The other major carriers are CDMA and don't use SIMs.