Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Newegg dropped the price of 16 GB SDHC class 6 card from $155 to $150.
    I've been using one in my 700P for a while and they work well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220254
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Since there was an enormous thread on SDHC cards that produced absolutely no consensus on how well those cards work - I have to ask:

Is your 700P able to I/O the entire 16 GB capacity of your card?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Since there was an enormous thread on SDHC cards that produced absolutely no consensus on how well those cards work
    Actually I think the consensus was that we couldn't see over the 4 gb limit even if you formatted the card and partitioned it out.
    Last edited by dimitri; 10/30/2007 at 02:22 PM.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    The 700P (with latest firmware from Verizon or Sprint, not sure about other carriers) or with a hack, is able to see and use all of 8GB SDHC cards, so I assume 16GB as well. That's why I don't understand why this isn't possible with what should basically be the same hardware and a much more up-to-date OS!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I really don't consider 0.3% a price drop worth mentioning. I see this thread as a cheap shot at WM users.

Enjoy your 16g. On day I'll manage to fill my tiny 4gs. Since unlimited data, I now do a lot of streaming (even from home). I just don't have a desire to carry a lot of mp3s anymore.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Actually I think the consensus was that we could see over the 4 gb limit even if you formatted the card and partitioned it out.
    Thank you sir. Your answer was clear and a breath of fresh air relative to the most convoluted thread in treocentral history....LOL.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    The 700P (with latest firmware from Verizon or Sprint, not sure about other carriers) or with a hack, is able to see and use all of 8GB SDHC cards, so I assume 16GB as well. That's why I don't understand why this isn't possible with what should basically be the same hardware and a much more up-to-date OS!
    Lovely...

The silver lining here is that it seems it is just a limitation of the OS, which raises the possibility to being able to "program/hack" one's way around that obstacle.

The idea of dealing with partitions is not sexy to me.

Perhaps someone who is motivated, and talented enough, will come up with a solution one day. I have a 4 gigger in there now. I sure can use the extra 12 (I like to watch my British humour shows on my WX every so often).
    Last edited by gojeda; 10/30/2007 at 02:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Actually there was a typo in my reply. We can't see over 4 gb no matter what.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Actually there was a typo in my reply. We can't see over 4 gb no matter what.
    Damn....what a way to let a guy down.

LOL thanks dimitri.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Damn....what a way to let a guy down.
    Always here to help.
    Always here to help.

Oh, sure. Like the IRS.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Please forgive my ignorance, you can't use an eight or sixteen GB SDHC card on Windows OS for the Treo? Is that true?