Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=155110

They kinda sorta got their promised update recently... who's gonna be the first to look at getting us 700w/x users a chance?
    LongLivePalm
    Do we really need another discussion on getting WM6 for the 700w/wx? Yes it would be nice, the but this topic has been beaten to death on this forum many times, and nobody has been able to uncover any concrete evidence that it's going to happen. Let just accept it and move on.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I know!
    I've read as many as you...
    The only difference, now we have something from Palm to work with.
    If it bothers you that bad, ignore me
    LongLivePalm
    I think this is less about getting WM6 for the Treo 700WX as getting what we can from the 750 - maybe portions of WM6. It might be possible.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Thank you...
    What do you all use to examine ROMs?
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I think this is less about getting WM6 for the Treo 700WX as getting what we can from the 750 - maybe portions of WM6. It might be possible.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $have$ $been$ $really$ $no$ $successful$ $attempts$ $at$ $removing$ &$quot$;$parts$&$quot$; $of$ $WM6$ $and$ $porting$ $them$ $to$ $WM5$ $on$ $any$ $device$.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    its funny because now people using the 6700 have wm6 running smoothly.. and people who have the mogul put wm5 on it and found it runs smoother then wm6
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $have$ $been$ $really$ $no$ $successful$ $attempts$ $at$ $removing$ &$quot$;$parts$&$quot$; $of$ $WM6$ $and$ $porting$ $them$ $to$ $WM5$ $on$ $any$ $device$.
    I think WM6 threaded SMS has been successfully ported to the Treo 700WX, right?

Other Treo-modified portions might be available now, I don't know. I do not know if any of us know enough about it to know which components to grab to, for example, make the newer version of Pocket Outlook work.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I think WM6 threaded SMS has been successfully ported to the Treo 700WX, right?

Other Treo-modified portions might be available now, I don't know. I do not know if any of us know enough about it to know which components to grab to, for example, make the newer version of Pocket Outlook work.
    True, but Pocket Outlook is not a Palm-made program like SMS.

I believe it has already been attempted BTW, with no success. Keep in mind you would have to OVERRIDE the old outlook program and add CF 2.0. That has to be 10MB worth of extra memory used...