Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
       #1  
    Could one (or many) of the computer geniuses on this site please either turn this thread into a begginers guide explaining what mortscript is, how to use it, where to get it and so on...
    Or if a thread like this already exsists.... provide a link to it!

    thank you for your time. I'm sure I am not the only user who would greatly benifet from the knowledge you guys have amassed....
    thanx again,
    -Devin
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    Could one (or many) of the computer geniuses on this site please either turn this thread into a begginers guide explaining what mortscript is, how to use it, where to get it and so on...
    Or if a thread like this already exsists.... provide a link to it!

    thank you for your time. I'm sure I am not the only user who would greatly benifet from the knowledge you guys have amassed....
    thanx again,
    -Devin
    You could start from here : http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=LED+script
  3. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonc View Post
    Thanx.
    But I have already seen that thread and although it is probably very helpful to people who have some baisic knowladge of mortscript, it doesn't shed much light on the situation for me....
    anymore help would be appriciated!
    thanx again
    -Devin
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    Thanx.
    But I have already seen that thread and although it is probably very helpful to people who have some baisic knowladge of mortscript, it doesn't shed much light on the situation for me....
    anymore help would be appriciated!
    thanx again
    -Devin
    Well, I am not about to write up a beginners guide for you, but I will admit that sorting through the thousands of posts in the MortScript forum is a bit difficult to decipher. BTW, you should post these questions in the MortScript forum. Anyways, this should get you started:

    1) Download and install MortScript here: http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/mo...Script-4.0.zip
    2) Use your favorite text editor (i.e. Notepad), and create a file named hello.mscr with the following line in it:
    Message( "Hello DevinF" )
    3) Copy the file hello.mscr to your phone.
    4) Use File Explorer and navigate to wherever you copied it, and launch hello.mscr.

    You've just written your first MortScript script, granted it's not very useful, but you can keep adding things from there. i.e. modify the script to have the following two lines:
    PlaySound( "\Windows\RadioOn.wav" )
    Message( "Hello DevinF" )

    If you survived this far, and want more, then additional info can be found here:

    MortScript documentation: http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=view&entry=64
    Mort's forum: http://www.sto-helit.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
    TC forum: http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91
    Last edited by zbop; 11/01/2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: reworded
  5. xd1936's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    #5  
    LongLivePalm
  6. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
       #6  
    So I'm assuming you need a computer to do all this.
    at the moment I don't have one but when I do ill try it out! thanx zbop...
    its starting to make slight amount of sence not really though....
    once I try what you suggest ill check other stuff... thanx again anymore usefull tips would be apreciated!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    So I'm assuming you need a computer to do all this.
    at the moment I don't have one but when I do ill try it out! thanx zbop...
    its starting to make slight amount of sence not really though....
    once I try what you suggest ill check other stuff... thanx again anymore usefull tips would be apreciated!
    Not necessarily. You can either download the zip file to your phone and unzip using Resco Explorer, or you can try and find the PPC cab file for MortScript and download it.

    You'll need to edit the scripts directly on your phone. You can either use Word and save it as a text file, or find another freeware text editor.
  8. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
       #8  
    oh ok and where would I find hello .mscr?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    oh ok and where would I find hello .mscr?
    Sorry, I just reworded that post so it is more clear.

    There is no hello.mscr file yet, you need to create a file with that name, containing the single line that was posted in Step 2.
  10. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
       #10  
    ok I used mobile word and did it but nothing happened...
    what went wrong?
  11. #11  
    once created in mobile word, make sure to rename it in the file explorer to .mscr then try it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

Posting Permissions