Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    My 750 tried to update for Daylight Savings time today. It's a week early.
  2. yud
    yud is offline
    yud's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    My 750 tried to update for Daylight Savings time today. It's a week early.
    have you applied the DST update?
    see here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...g/default.mspx

    Also: make your your Regional Settings are correct. Daylight Savings started in some states in Australia today...

    Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

    no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I didn't realize the 750 had the DST update.
  4. #4  
    I installed the daylight savings time update from Microsoft a few months ago.

    This morning my Treo 750 had mistakenly changed the time despite the update that was already installed.

    The Treo is set to GMT-6hrs. (US Central Time zone).

    After a soft reset the correct time is now displayed on the Treo.

    Not sure why this happened, or what will happen next month when the real time change occurs.

    Anyone else having this issue??
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmommy73 View Post
    I installed the daylight savings time update from Microsoft a few months ago.

    This morning my Treo 750 had mistakenly changed the time despite the update that was already installed.

    The Treo is set to GMT-6hrs. (US Central Time zone).

    After a soft reset the correct time is now displayed on the Treo.

    Not sure why this happened, or what will happen next month when the real time change occurs.

    Anyone else having this issue??

    me too (pretty certain I checked whether I needed the patch)
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by yud View Post
    have you applied the DST update?
    see here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...g/default.mspx

    Also: make your your Regional Settings are correct. Daylight Savings started in some states in Australia today...

    Y.
    Kind of odd but on my WM6 750 (without any DST patch) I haven't had any notice or oddities in schedule or the clock to show up. I had put the update patch onto the phone while it was running WM5, but after flashing it, plus I used the Palm reset tool at the same time, any patches would've been shredded, so I'm wondering if on 11/4 all goes as it should.
  7. #7  
    I know that I had applied the DST patch to my phone. It also tried to "fall" back a week early. Turning the phone part off then on again made it grab the time from the cell tower, it seems.

    Edit:
    I don't see any warning about having to reapply the patch if you have to soft/hard reset the phone.
  8. #8  
    We switched to GMT (+0) on Sunday so you likely either have a bug or region issues.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dairyfree View Post
    I know that I had applied the DST patch to my phone. It also tried to "fall" back a week early. Turning the phone part off then on again made it grab the time from the cell tower, it seems.

    Edit:
    I don't see any warning about having to reapply the patch if you have to soft/hard reset the phone.
    After I sync with desktop, I still have to turn off/on to get to go back to right time. Calender for this week all screwed up though.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    After I sync with desktop, I still have to turn off/on to get to go back to right time. Calender for this week all screwed up though.
    Yes, I am having the same problem, my times this week are all off. If I open some appointments and edit them they show the right time in the appointment but they display the time incorrectly still by 1 hour (earlier).

    I have the patch installed. Next weeks appts look right but I will be curious what happens when the phone falls back an hour on Sunday! This is very annoying.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  11. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #11  
    After installing the update, you are supposed to change the timezone to a different one and then change it back. If you don't do this, the tables are not properly updated.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    After installing the update, you are supposed to change the timezone to a different one and then change it back. If you don't do this, the tables are not properly updated.
    Yeah, I had read that too. I did that several times and I even did a hard reset of my phone and installed the DST patch before syncing up with Exchange, no luck.

    I haven't seen others post about it so I wonder almost if it's an issues my Exchange server rather than with the Treo...
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
    Yeah, I had read that too. I did that several times and I even did a hard reset of my phone and installed the DST patch before syncing up with Exchange, no luck.

    I haven't seen others post about it so I wonder almost if it's an issues my Exchange server rather than with the Treo...
    __________________________________________________________________

    I don't use an Exchange server and I am having this issue-very strange since I have the daylight savings time update installed...

    Has anyone tried to remove the daylight savings update from the phone and from the computer, then reinstall a freshly downloaded copy?
  14. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #14  
    You can do a hard reset and then repeat the install. I don't think you can "remove" the update.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    You can do a hard reset and then repeat the install. I don't think you can "remove" the update.
    I haven't removed the update but the update does appear in the add/remove programs list so presumably it can be removed.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  16. #16  
    Have this same issue... driving me nuts. Applied the update...still no success.

    PM
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump Meister View Post
    Have this same issue... driving me nuts. Applied the update...still no success.

    PM
    Of course, if you have your phone set up to use the network time, and the network software is not patched.....(different reports on TV and in the newspapers)
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Of course, if you have your phone set up to use the network time, and the network software is not patched.....(different reports on TV and in the newspapers)
    Heh heh, I think fixed this problem :-)

    I had tried taking it on and off network time that did not fix the problem, but what I did today was to:

    1) Take it off network time (although not 100% convinced this is required to fix this issue, but it was a step I took.)
    2) Change my timezone to CENTRAL TIME. I am in PST and previously I had only changed it to the Baja California time which is essentially PST without DST (it was added as part of the DST patch I believe). I think that changing it to this timezone was not a true switch of timezones for some reason (bug?)
    3) Change back to PST and all appears to be well again!

    Hope that helps someone else...
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  19. #19  
    Yesterday I removed the daylight savings time patch from the Treo and from my computer that it syncs with. Then I downloaded a fresh copy from Palm to my computer and sync'd the Treo. All seemed well-the time was correct on both. Then today my alarms went off an hour late on the Treo (Alarms that are under Settings-Clocks and Alarms).
    Now I'm confused...
    Anyone else having these issues.
  20. #20  
    Woke up this morning and the re-installed daylight savings time patch DID NOT WORK!!!

    On the Today Show (MSNBC) they had a video of the time change confusion with devices, and the person in the video was holding a TREO!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions