Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 113
  1.    #1  
    I was exploring the Palm support site and then i stumbled on this:

    Spanish ROM
    English ROM
    German ROM
    French ROM
    Italian ROM

    I've installed the English version on my unbranded Treo 750 and it workes perfect! The official release by Palm can't be far now I think. I mean, this is taken from the site!
    Last edited by astra; 10/27/2007 at 06:26 AM.
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
  2. tdkeaveny's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #2  
    well this sucks it won't let me download it. says there is a character wrong in my serial number. i want it so bad! good find though

    Error: We need more information....

    * We're sorry, but that serial number is not valid. Please note that serial numbers do not contain the letters I, O, S or Z. If a character appears to be the letter O, please use the number zero.
    Last edited by tdkeaveny; 10/27/2007 at 07:14 AM. Reason: more information
  3. jho51e's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #3  
    I downloaded it..
    Ran it..
    Got the following error:

    Unsupported Device
    This update is intended to update Palm Treo 750 smartphones to the latest software. It is not intended to update the device language or other devices.

    Is it because I loaded my Treo750-1.15-ROW device with the 3AU ROM using the boot loader method? Do I need to do something to make this ROW update work?

    please help!
  4. #4  
    Same problem for me too.
  5. #5  
    To clarify... the serial number problem.
  6.    #6  
    I really don't know... I had an original WM5 Treo, never did the bootloader update.

    I downloaded the file, ran the installer and 20 minutes later I had a working WM6 Treo without any problems.
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
  7. #7  
    You have an unbranded 750. I have an ATT branded Treo. Maybe that's the problem
  8. #8  
    Astra,
    what's the file zip name you've downloaded?
  9. tdkeaveny's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #9  
    could someone upload the english language file somewhere (gigasize?) for us who seem to have the wrong serial number. or will the update only work for the phone with the serial number given when downloaded?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by operators View Post
    Astra,
    what's the file zip name you've downloaded?
    The name is: Treo750_2_23_ROW_EN_DesktopUpdater.zip
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
  11. driazen's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #11  
    great so now even the unbranded one is out before ours!!!!
  12. jho51e's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by astra View Post
    I really don't know... I had an original WM5 Treo, never did the bootloader update.

    I downloaded the file, ran the installer and 20 minutes later I had a working WM6 Treo without any problems.
    Can you please check something for me? Does your software still say Treo750-1.15-ROW or has it changed?

    I bootloaded it onto mine and this are the specs that came out:

    ROM Update
    Generic ROW
    Firmware: 1.54.0.00 --> newer than 3AU
    CC-Cap: GEN-ENG-005
    Carrier DB: 296
    WM6 version: 5.2.1239 (Build 17746.0.2.4)

    Changes I noticed:
    - the operator logo (when turning the radio on and off) disappeared! WOOHOO! Not that I minded the Vodafone logo since I do use a Voda sim, but incase I change sims, atleast now I dont have an operator logo..

    - the click sounds have reverted back to being non-existent (which I think is the norm for WM6).. but I missed it from WM5 so I loaded the fix for the sounds..

    - Band selection I remember was around 4 options, now there is only 2 - [1]GSM (900+1800)+UMTS 2100; [2]GSM(1900+850)+UMTS(1900+850)
    Last edited by jho51e; 10/27/2007 at 11:26 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Hi, I've looked at my screen and I see the two sync arrows, but still see on top of that H or 3G. (I've never seen the 'E').

    This is what it says in the about screen:

    Software Version: TREO750-2.23-RWE
    Hardware Version: A
    Serial Number: well, this ain't necessary...
    Phone Number: Unknown
    Firmware Version: 1.54.00.00

    Windows Mobile version is CE OS 5.2.1239 (Build 17746.0.2.4)
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
  14. jho51e's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by astra View Post
    Hi, I've looked at my screen and I see the two sync arrows, but still see on top of that H or 3G. (I've never seen the 'E').

    This is what it says in the about screen:

    Software Version: TREO750-2.23-RWE
    Hardware Version: A
    Serial Number: well, this ain't necessary...
    Phone Number: Unknown
    Firmware Version: 1.54.00.00

    Windows Mobile version is CE OS 5.2.1239 (Build 17746.0.2.4)
    Thanks Astra! I actually do now see the 3G and H.. :-) Did see E sometimes, not often..

    So your Sofware version did change to the right figures (2.23).. dang.. oh well i guess i have to live with mine being stuck on 1.15.. :-(
  15. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #15  
    same error...invalid serial #
  16. jho51e's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #16  
  17. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jho51e View Post
    thanx for the link...lets c how the update goes
  18. #18  
    So why the serial number error for some?
  19. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jho51e View Post
    I downloaded it..
    Ran it..
    Got the following error:

    Unsupported Device
    This update is intended to update Palm Treo 750 smartphones to the latest software. It is not intended to update the device language or other devices.

    Is it because I loaded my Treo750-1.15-ROW device with the 3AU ROM using the boot loader method? Do I need to do something to make this ROW update work?

    please help!
    did u manage to update? what did u do?
  20. wpy
    wpy is offline
    wpy's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    #20  
    Thanks for the direct link!!! My download stoped midway and palm would not let me download again...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions