Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I used the updater as well, had to run it TWICE but it got the job done.

Be sure to use the XDA forums for the instructions-

ALL I needed to do was click on exe, open the file to edit (mentioned in the xda forum) and changed my RMW to CNG (since it was an unlocked cingualar branded treo), and checked my radio numbers(see another post in xda) and it worked like a charm.

now the pain of installing programs I had before, etc- but first day, its going good. (Tmobile even)

Advice: read up on the forumns, print out the two or three different ways to install (one is updater with edited letters AND edited numbers, one is updater with edited letterr only and then the sd card bootloader)

The whole updater process took me about 30 minutes. Not bad.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Word of advice. When adding programs to a WM device, it is a very good idea to soft reset after every new installation, then test to make sure everything works right. A lot of programs interfere from time to time with the ability of Treos (especially the 750) to connect to the carrier when the phone is turned off then on, or they will leave the connectivity led flashing - a big battery drainer.

It's easier to back up when you know what causes the problem. The process.

Install your new software.

Soft reset.

Make sure that your phone connects to the network and all indicators are normal.

Go into the wireless manager and turn off bluetooth, then turn it back on. Make sure everything is still connected.

Also in wireless manager, turn off the phone, then turn it back on. Make sure everything is still connected and working right.

Go to your web browser and make sure you still have internet connectivity.

Rinse and repeat.
    Can you post a link?

I have no idea what the XDA forums are.

I have tried updating the payloads.xml file and my 750 with CNG 1.13 will not update. Looking for another solution.

Thanks,

Crab

Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    I used the updater as well, had to run it TWICE but it got the job done.

Be sure to use the XDA forums for the instructions-

ALL I needed to do was click on exe, open the file to edit (mentioned in the xda forum) and changed my RMW to CNG (since it was an unlocked cingualar branded treo), and checked my radio numbers(see another post in xda) and it worked like a charm.

now the pain of installing programs I had before, etc- but first day, its going good. (Tmobile even)

Advice: read up on the forumns, print out the two or three different ways to install (one is updater with edited letters AND edited numbers, one is updater with edited letterr only and then the sd card bootloader)

The whole updater process took me about 30 minutes. Not bad.
    try the bootleger method then, page 4 (search is your friend, they say here).

There is also another WM6 update thread under treo750, check it out.
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    OK - I tried the bootlegger method. I got to the point where you hit the power button to start the image process.

The progress bar goes from 0 to 100% "Complete" in 3 seconds. When I reboot I am back to the old WM5

Anyone had this problem?
    EUREKA! It worked using the Updater method and adjusting the payload.xml file. Looks great. Love the HSDPA speeds. Thanks to everyone for all their help and understanding.
    I updated to the generic unbranded Palm verson of WM6 -- didn't want all the ATT apps.

I guess one of them is this new app, "Proxy Manager", that makes it easy to disable to ATT (Cingular) PIE proxy? I can't find it anywhere on the phone.

And I'm having the proxy issue. Can only use PIE with the wap.cingular APN. I've configured the isp.cingular APN (which I prefer) and it works fine for all other apps except PIE. When connected to this APN, PIE acts exactly like it can't find the proxy server (hangs during "Locating..." -- can't resolve DNS for the url).

So, tried the old EnableAutoDetect registry hack from WM5... didn't work. Not only didn't work, but the reg value wasn't even there, so I created it, and set it to 1 (as per instructions from this forum).

So, any other ATT customers run in to this? Anyone know how to fix it?

I'm getting rather frustrated...
    ATT is making me crazy with this wm6 process if I didn't want the 750 and international service I would be outa there. But....

I am buying a 750 and plan to immediately install wm6 with the cheeimg.nbh. (I understand that this is the latest for ATT branded/locked phones, yes?)
    I plan to have a 4gb sd card but it is my understanding that the 750 with wm5 will only take a 2gb card. To do the installation will i have to get a 2gb card?
    thanks.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    Okay, so
    1. Discard CHEEIMG.nbh
    2. Rename CHEEIMG_FW.nbh as CHEEIMG.nbh
    3. Copy CHEEIMG.nbh to the blank SD card, formatted as FAT32
    4. Press the reset button and the media key at the same time and let it rip.

That's the "bootloader" method? Did I miss anything? Sounds easy enough. Thanks.

Diverguy
    The only thing I would have to add to that is make sure The SD card is formatted as FAT32. I couldn't get it to work while formatted as FAT.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Just installed it on my cingular branded treo 750 btw, and it's running just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafett8782 View Post
    Its late and brain not thinking...... Why would I want to (re)upgrade a phone already upgraded??

Maybe because one wants to switch switch from vodafone to row or att ?
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    So even though my Cingular 750 has been unlocked this update will not work on it right?
    worked on my unlocked cing. and using tmobile plan.
    Lance
    Used the Boot method and upgraded my Cingular branded 750 easily. However, I am listed a still having 1.13 (TREO750-1.13-CNG) What adverse effects does this have? Do I really have WM6 loaded? It looks like it.

Also, my data connection is shown as E rather than G as it used to say with WM5. I can still connect to U or '3G' when in those enabled areas. Doing speed tests I can see that I am getting the same data speeds with the E as I did with the G.

I know I was impatienet and did not read more as to how to use the uploader, and when I try now, even with the proper payloads file mods, the update stops with errors.

Do I need to go back to WM5 before I use the uploader version? Or do I just leave it as is with the 1.13?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456