Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by charliez View Post
    Interesting ... I've been really tempted by HTC generic unlocked phones. Some now have the phone pad as well as a slide out full QWERTY keyboard and large screen, with the same form factor size as the Treos, improved usability compared to the Treos, and richer HW features than the Treos.

Given how long this is taking, I'm really having a hard time holding on to my Treo 750 any longer.

So long Treo, so long Palm!
    Buh-bye. Thanks so much for coming.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    Solutor, you were right! Thanks for the help. Ran the installation this morning. Took a total of about 15 minutes and now WM6 is working great! Appreciate the guidance.

Diverguy

You are welcome !
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    anyway to update the sf version? i used sd card method, so my sf version didn't change.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    anyway to update the sf version? i used sd card method, so my sf version didn't change.
    Sure, just run the updater then find the payloads.xml file and change the ROW to CNG or ATT along with the version numbers.

I did this and I upgraded my Treo sw to 2.23CNG

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    Sure, just run the updater then find the payloads.xml file and change the ROW to CNG or ATT along with the version numbers.

I did this and I upgraded my Treo sw to 2.23CNG

Good luck!
    could u plz give the steps?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    could u plz give the steps?
    this is what you need to do.
    First run the update file. Stop at the first screen. Find temp folder that was created by the update installer. It should be in your c:\document and settings\"user name"\local settings or something.

Find payloads.xml file and right click the file and choose edit. Change the carrior code to CNG or ATT from RWE depending on your phone profile which you can look up from about in your phone settings.

Now change the revision range low to 1.13 and high to 2.23. Save it. Continue with update installer and bingo you should have software version to 2.23.
    good luck.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by kapdori View Post

Now change the revision range low to 1.13 and high to 2.23. Save it. Continue with update installer and bingo you should have software version to 2.23.
    good luck.
    Change to 2.24 not 2.23.

So you can (re)upgrade a phone already upgraded to 2.23 via SD method
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by kapdori View Post
    First run the update file. Stop at the first screen. Find temp folder that was created by the update installer. It should be in your c:\document and settings\"user name"\local settings or something.

Find payloads.xml file and right click the file and choose edit. Change the carrior code to CNG or ATT from RWE depending on your phone profile which you can look up from about in your phone settings.

good luck.
    I followed these instructions and got a screen saying the update was not intended to change device language or to be used on non 750.

Been running the generic WM6 Upgrade for about 2 weeks on a Cingular branded Treo 750.

LOVE IT.

Easy enough to get any of the ATT stuff I want, but I'll never go back to the bloatware infested release version - gonna stick with this.

For those having trouble.. Make sure the language version of the generic you have matches what your phone is currently set for, and follow the instructions to modify the payload.xml file EXACTLY.
    1. Discard CHEEIMG.nbh
    2. Rename CHEEIMG_FW.nbh as CHEEIMG.nbh
    3. Copy CHEEIMG.nbh to the blank SD card, formatted as FAT32
    4. Press the reset button and the media key at the same time and let it rip.

I did the above, but whatever I do, the damn Treo750 just does not start the update process off the sd card. I just comes off with the 4 color screen that gives few lines of info about the palm TR.

Any ideas. This is driving me crazy.
    Press power button to start update.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The Phone Diva, thanks for your help, but that did not work.

When I press the media and reset button, I get the following:

4 color stripes, that has the following printed

on top: Palm Tr
    IPL-0.20

Palm Tr
    SPL-0.21.0000

and on bottom in the white stripe:
    Serial

And pressing the power button does absolutely nothing.

Thanks again,
    Try making sure your card really is formatted to FAT32. Some have said you may need to do this again if the update doesn't work.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Just wondering...
    I have this unlocked treo750 with software 1.13- and I am just wondering- if , after downloading this and executing this- supposely something goes wrong, is there a way to go back to your previous version?

For fun I tried my serial number and it changed to a foreign language website saying error serial number as well.

So I downloaded the english version (which I want), but I want to be 100% sure that this one will work the first try.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    I have formatted it several times in fat32 to make sure. Still the same problem.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    These are all great chunks of information. Perhaps someone who has been through the process with a locked AT&T branded phone could put together a detailed walkthrough from start to finish including all the great info above.
    Try XDA_developers.com 750 update forum for more help. They most certainly know something over there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    Change to 2.24 not 2.23.

So you can (re)upgrade a phone already upgraded to 2.23 via SD method
    Its late and brain not thinking...... Why would I want to (re)upgrade a phone already upgraded??
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Stayed up very late last night, but I finally got this to work. My locked AT&T Treo 750 is now running WM6! Whoohoo! Ended up using the update method as opposed to the bootloader method. Couldn't ever get the bootloader method to start.

Thx for everyone's help.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast