Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 113
  1. #61  
    After I did the update it work perfect with the BMW. I do get signal strength and favorites get transferred as well.
  2.    #62  
    Palm made the update official available:

    Click
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
  3. bg1260's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #63  
    don't see at&t listed though
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by bg1260 View Post
    don't see at&t listed though
    I know....I am waiting like everyone else....what is taking them so long??!!
  5. #65  
    I don't know if it's a "sign" but Palm revamped the appearance of the support pages.

    Maybe ATT's version is around the corner.
  6. bg1260's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #66  
    very long corner!
  7. driazen's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #67  
    Ok bear with me, this my take a while, I'm southern and I like to ramble.

    First, I had another chat with palm online chat support today. I got the new set of answers describing the delay as going through certification testing and expecting it to be released in a few weeks. When I dug in further I got him to say the same thing we've heard the past few days about the update not being removable and that that is the reason for all of the extra testing for certification. I dug further by saying that I had Vista and that was that part of the delay. He said no that os shouldn't matter because alot of the install could be done from a SD card, BUT NOT ALL of it. This would confirm what we have seen with previous leaked versions and being able to load the firmware at least from other carriers thru extended rom, but he emphasized that the whole update could not be rolled back and that they were working hard to certify when they released it that it would not brick any phones. Now we all know that updating the radio firmware is irreversible on a phone and could be a part of this update (the full official one not extracted). Put this together with AT&T releasing HUSPA(sp) or whatever that new 3g upload thing is and they may be forcing PALM to do a radio upgrade thus causing more possibility for bricking.

    Now on my way home tonight I stopped by my local wireless office. I am with an AT&T partner not at&t normal, one of those "Member of the at&t wireless network" type places. Anyway were in a rural area and its pretty much the only option. Anyway I was there to check on my call waiting that had recently stopped working. I noticed the tech I was talking with had a 750 on his belt. So I asked him if he had heard anything about the update. He said they had gotten an email 4 days ago that said that the update had been delayed 6 months (don't cry yet there is more). To which my eyes probably got as big as dinner plates. He then said that he actually expected it some time next month and before Christmas. He stated his reasoning for the change was that there was a certain part of the update that in testing had bricked a "larger than normal" portion of the test phones and that they were trying to get it resolved with Palm before providing the update as they were certifying the upgrade because it couldn't be backed off.

    Now here is Palm support and a tech (not sales guy) at a at&t partner saying almost the same things, things that coincide with what the rom crackers over at XDA have noted about radio upgrades.

    Take it with a grain of salt but I thought I'd share.
  8. #68  
    Hey I am southern and I enjoyed your rambling. It is good to hear something, anything that does not amount to an AT&T vs. Good vs. Palm vs. Microsoft for a change.

    Regards
    graylion
  9. #69  
    Interesting ... I've been really tempted by HTC generic unlocked phones. Some now have the phone pad as well as a slide out full QWERTY keyboard and large screen, with the same form factor size as the Treos, improved usability compared to the Treos, and richer HW features than the Treos.

    Given how long this is taking, I'm really having a hard time holding on to my Treo 750 any longer.

    So long Treo, so long Palm!
  10. #70  
    I could use some help figuring out the installation and may need instructions for the bootloader method.

    I'm ready to install WM6 on my locked ATT 750. I downloaded the Treo750_2_23_ROW_EN_DesktopUpdater.zip file and used WinZip to unzip the .exe file. When I ran the exe, I received the error that it was an unsupported device. Using WinZip, I was able extract the files from the .exe to a separate folder. There were 150 files inside, including CHEEIMG.md5, CHEEIMG.nbh (which is only 258 k, too small to be an operating system), CHEEIMG_FW.md5, and CHEEIMG_FW.nbh (which is 83 mb). Previous message threads mentioned the CHEEIMG.nbh file.

    Has someone figured out a way to make the install file proceed past this error message? As an alternative, can someone please post exact instructions for the bootloader method or a link to the instructions? I ran a search but couldn't find them.

    Thanks for your help.

    Diverguy
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    I could use some help figuring out the installation and may need instructions for the bootloader method.

    I'm ready to install WM6 on my locked ATT 750. I downloaded the Treo750_2_23_ROW_EN_DesktopUpdater.zip file and used WinZip to unzip the .exe file. When I ran the exe, I received the error that it was an unsupported device. Using WinZip, I was able extract the files from the .exe to a separate folder. There were 150 files inside, including CHEEIMG.md5, CHEEIMG.nbh (which is only 258 k, too small to be an operating system), CHEEIMG_FW.md5, and CHEEIMG_FW.nbh (which is 83 mb). Previous message threads mentioned the CHEEIMG.nbh file.

    Has someone figured out a way to make the install file proceed past this error message? As an alternative, can someone please post exact instructions for the bootloader method or a link to the instructions? I ran a search but couldn't find them.

    Thanks for your help.

    Diverguy

    Discard CHEEIMG.nbh then rename CHEEIMG_FW.nbh as CHEEIMG.nbh
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    Discard CHEEIMG.nbh then rename CHEEIMG_FW.nbh as CHEEIMG.nbh
    Okay. ...and then do what? Does anyone have the exact directions after that?

    Thanks for any help.

    Diverguy
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    Okay. ...and then do what? Does anyone have the exact directions after that?

    Thanks for any help.

    Diverguy
    The search button is always your best friend...

    BTW copy the file in the root of the SD then push the reset button and the media key (the one near the volume buttons) at the same time, then follow the onscreen istructions.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    The search button is always your best friend...

    BTW copy the file in the root of the SD then push the reset button and the media key (the one near the volume buttons) at the same time, then follow the onscreen istructions.
    Okay, so
    1. Discard CHEEIMG.nbh
    2. Rename CHEEIMG_FW.nbh as CHEEIMG.nbh
    3. Copy CHEEIMG.nbh to the blank SD card, formatted as FAT32
    4. Press the reset button and the media key at the same time and let it rip.


    That's the "bootloader" method? Did I miss anything? Sounds easy enough. Thanks.

    Diverguy
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    Okay, so


    That's the "bootloader" method?

    Diverguy
    Yes

    Did I miss anything?
    No

    Sounds easy enough.
    Is easy enough
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    Is easy enough
    1) Can I install the ROW ROM on my AT&T version 750

    2) If I do, what is lost (or gained?)

    Thanks folks
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
  17. projekt1's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    So why the serial number error for some?
    i got the same message


    help
  18. #78  
    I installed it yesterday. Has been working perfectly. It doesn't have all the ATT stuff (music, video...). But everything worked as soon as I put the sim card in. Has a lot more memory without the ATT stuff that I didn't use anyway.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1 View Post
    I installed it yesterday. Has been working perfectly. It doesn't have all the ATT stuff (music, video...). But everything worked as soon as I put the sim card in. Has a lot more memory without the ATT stuff that I didn't use anyway.
    AND, if you want mobitv, CV, or any other ATT program, you can get the cabs from the xda site.

    This update cannot be the reported ATT update. There are no changes resembling what the leaked PPT from ATT says will be in there.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    Is easy enough
    Solutor, you were right! Thanks for the help. Ran the installation this morning. Took a total of about 15 minutes and now WM6 is working great! Appreciate the guidance.

    Diverguy
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions