Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    So even though my Cingular 750 has been unlocked this update will not work on it right?
    Figured out the bootloader method. Now all I need to know is if GoodLink is preserved.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    So in short: seems that the auto backlight off settings are interfering with the auto power off settings.
    I have the Australian WM6 ROM and it also has a backlight problem - the screen keeps on turning on if the brightness is less than 50%.

I was hoping this was resolved with the newer ROMs, but it sounds like it is still there...
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    It extracts fine using WinRAR

What's strange is the installer is in a \results\tinman directory
    He's right, after having some issues with Windows not letting me unzip the file due to security, I got a copy of Winzip, and this is now one happy chappy. Got myself treo 750 with WM6. Fantastic, just now using my extra hour, as the clocks have gone back one hour in UK to get my treo back with all my stuff. Bring it on, so far like the speed improvements....
    Anyone knows differences between 2.18 and 2.23 versions? Is there any important changes?
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    All that is in the AT&T ROM is a web link to where you can download GoodLinlk.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    is there any way to update the sf version if u use bootloader method?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patfla View Post
    Figured out the bootloader method. Now all I need to know is if GoodLink is preserved.
    You will lose Goodlink and all downloaded data, but it's not that hard to get it back. You'll need to go to get.good.com to redownload and enable your connection. You'll need your account ID/password from your previous install to get it all working.

-Craig
    thanx Craig. And so GL 4.9.xxx will work with WM6? I thought one of the issues with the delay was that WM6 required GL 5?
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    You will lose Goodlink and all downloaded data, but it's not that hard to get it back. You'll need to go to get.good.com to redownload and enable your connection. You'll need your account ID/password from your previous install to get it all working.

-Craig
    just do a backup of goodlink. it is found in the good preferences. The versions for wm5 and wm6 are the same right now.

It worked fine for me when I upped my tytn and when I upgraded my 750 to the leaked att rom
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    Try to run UpdInfo.CAB from installer archive and tell me if it works
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miloszz View Post
    Try to run UpdInfo.CAB from installer archive and tell me if it works
    nope, my still says 1.13-ATT
    nope, my still says 1.13-ATT
    Damn, I thought that cab makes the trick. Do you tried soft resetting?

When I was installing official Voda rom with desktop updater I made HR to early and my version was still old, then ran it again and I had new version and UpdInfo in Remove Programs as only thing...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miloszz View Post
    Damn, I thought that cab makes the trick. Do you tried soft resetting?

When I was installing official Voda rom with desktop updater I made HR to early and my version was still old, then ran it again and I had new version and UpdInfo in Remove Programs as only thing...
    did soft reset...but still!!
    I got the ROM loaded but the radio version still says 1.16CNG - is there anyway to update the radio similar to the way I can with my Kaiser?
    I seem to be missing some of the tapping-sounds. For example, if I tap on the screen in the top left corner to drop down the start menu, I don't hear anything, while in WM5 you should hear a 'click'.

I don't mean the generic 'screen taps' option in Settings >> Sound, but the specific 'click' sounds when you select something, such as the Start Menu.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    did u manage to update? what did u do?
    Hi T-Ulk, I did update using the bootloader method..
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    I seem to be missing some of the tapping-sounds. For example, if I tap on the screen in the top left corner to drop down the start menu, I don't hear anything, while in WM5 you should hear a 'click'.

I don't mean the generic 'screen taps' option in Settings >> Sound, but the specific 'click' sounds when you select something, such as the Start Menu.
    this is a WM6 thing.. there is a fix for this floating around in the forums..
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I dont believe so from what I have read.. the software version number does not update when using the bootloader method..
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    Astra, Thanks man! Great find!

I finished loading it this morning, and at least on answering a call part, it's so much faster. It used to take upwards of 5 seconds before it would answer a call through my BT headset.

Now, I'm just hoping the BMW pairing issue is resolved!
    I am one of the sadists using a Cingular branded 750 and waiting and waiting and waiting for the official AT&T update. I really am hoping that WM 6.0 corrects the terrible BT problems with the 750 and BMW car kits. Could someone who has dowloaded the Palm update with WM 6.0 please tell me if their BMW BT now works. (Does it connect properly and stay connected even if not awake? Does signal bar show up? Does call waiting work? Do speed dials or phone book transfer?) Its been just about a year I have been waiting and I am going to stop waiting and get a new phone if WM 6.0 doesn't fix this problem.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast