Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jho51e View Post
    thanks so much! works like a charm. WM6 is really nice too
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    So why the serial number error for some?
    This update is for unlocked phones, if you put in the serial number from an AT&T, Vodafone, etc. 750 it will reject it
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    This update is for unlocked phones, if you put in the serial number from an AT&T, Vodafone, etc. 750 it will reject it
    I'm not so sure about that, as mine is unlocked, yet the SN was rejected. Do you mean unbranded?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Do you mean unbranded?
    Oops, yes
    No prob. I'm just glad that Palm hasn't fallen on its not-so-swift-sword ... yet ... and we have some forward movement on the generic WM6 without all the extendedROM carrier garbage.
    Is there any reason not to install this on an ATT locked phone? And will it install with the desktop installer or do you need to put the nbh on th SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by wpy View Post
    Thanks for the direct link!!! My download stoped midway and palm would not let me download again...
    Well managed to get the file downloaded but for some reason windows will not let me unzip the file, whatever I do. ARGH, so close and yet so far.

I also lost my connection whilst downloading using my own serial number now I still dont have a copy of WM6. Help anyone??
    Last edited by csward1975; 10/27/2007 at 06:39 PM.
    Astra, Thanks man! Great find!

I finished loading it this morning, and at least on answering a call part, it's so much faster. It used to take upwards of 5 seconds before it would answer a call through my BT headset.

Now, I'm just hoping the BMW pairing issue is resolved!
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    When I open the ZIP folder after downloading it (English), it is empty. Anybody?
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle View Post
    When I open the ZIP folder after downloading it (English), it is empty. Anybody?
    Found the same, had to extract it, but Windows wont let me saying its a security risk, even with all the suggestions I can access the files!!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    It extracts fine using WinRAR

What's strange is the installer is in a \results\tinman directory
    Quote Originally Posted by csward1975 View Post
    Found the same, had to extract it, but Windows wont let me saying its a security risk, even with all the suggestions I can access the files!!
    It turns out to be a Win XP security issue using the native extraction utility. After I posted I downloaded Winzip and it opens just fine.
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
    I have some power off issues with this ROM, which I believe are the same in the leaked ROMs.

If my backlight is > 50%, the Treo will follow the auto-off settings I specified in 'Settings/backlight or .../Power). However, if the backlight is set to a low level (say 30%), the Treo stays on continuously, and will not auto off.

Can anyone confirm this?
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Anybody with an ATT branded treo using the English Rom posted above?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    did u manage to update? what did u do?
    Yes I updated using the bootloader method because the updater was giving me an error..

And because I used this method, my Software Version number has not changed from 1.15-ROW to 2.23-ROW.. which is a bummer.. :-(
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I m sorry but what's software & firmware versions represent?
    Even using the official method, you gotta reboot your Treo once before the new version number is being displayed in the about screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    I have some power off issues with this ROM, which I believe are the same in the leaked ROMs.

If my backlight is > 50%, the Treo will follow the auto-off settings I specified in 'Settings/backlight or .../Power). However, if the backlight is set to a low level (say 30%), the Treo stays on continuously, and will not auto off.

Can anyone confirm this?
    I have to disagree with myself here, as the problem is different I think.

The Treo 750 with WM6 will power off automatically, only if:

- "Turn off backlight if device is not used for xx minutes" in Settings --> Backlight is unchecked

or

- If the value given to "Turn off backlight if device is not used for xx minutes" is equal or higher than the value given to "Auto Power off after xx minutes" in Settings --> Power

It's bizarre.

As a result of the above statements, it also means the backlight cannot go off automatically, because the value needs to be equal or larger than the auto power off setting. However, as an exception, if you uncheck the "Turn on backlight when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped", you actually can have a "Turn off backlight automatically" value that is less than the auto power off setting. But, as a consequence, you will not be able to turn the backlight on again.

So in short: seems that the auto backlight off settings are interfering with the auto power off settings.

*sigh* When was the last time Palm made a 100% trouble free product? I don't think they've ever did. Maybe the original m150 Zire, but there was little to break on that product.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    I have an ATT Branded and locked 750 that I have been running the leaked ATT rom for quite a while. I tried to update via the PC and was denied due to an incorrect device. I then updated via the bootloader method and everything seems great. I still have the TREO750-1.13-ATT software version which is the same as the WM5 rom (and doesnt change only because of using the bootloader method to update as I understand it) however my firmware version is up to 1.54 now.
    Other than being palm branded and not packed with the ATT junk I don't see a major difference.
    OK so the bootloader method (where explained?) works for an AT&T branded phone. Willing to give it a try.

But will I lose GoodLink (is some part of it in the AT&T ROM)?

Can't say I like it, but it's what my company uses for mobile email so I have no choice.

pat
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast