1.    #1  
    Kids home sick today and I'm bored so I decided to use Palm's Support Center to see what was cooking with WM6. Went into live chat and here's the transcipt.

Coppertop(Fri Oct 26 12:15:09 CDT 2007)>Is there any information available as to when Windows Mobile 6 will be released for the Treo 750?

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:15:14 CDT 2007)>I understand that you want to know when the update for WM6 be released .

Coppertop(Fri Oct 26 12:15:21 CDT 2007)>Yes

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:15:31 CDT 2007)>First, I would apologize for the delay.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:15:33 CDT 2007)>Yes, are at the verge of releasing the update.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:15:52 CDT 2007)>The delay is because, the update will be installed directly on the ROM,which cannot be reverted back.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:16:09 CDT 2007)>We will certify the update,If anything goes whole device will go bad.

Coppertop(Fri Oct 26 12:16:30 CDT 2007)>And when do you expect the update to be released?

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:17:13 CDT 2007)>Yes, it will be released in couple of weeks.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:17:19 CDT 2007)>We are taking some special tests under different conditions .

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:17:30 CDT 2007)>Which is causing the delay and we are extremely sorry for that.

Coppertop(Fri Oct 26 12:17:36 CDT 2007)>And how will I be able to get the update?

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:17:37 CDT 2007)>All we want is to give you a best product.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:17:55 CDT 2007)>Yes, it will be posted on our website.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:18:05 CDT 2007)>You can download it for free.

Coppertop(Fri Oct 26 12:18:35 CDT 2007)>So by mid-November it should be available?

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:18:53 CDT 2007)>Yes, it should be.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:18:58 CDT 2007)>http://pref.news.palmnewsletters.com...c=us&b=generic

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:19:07 CDT 2007)>You can register for our free news letter for the updates.

Marvin(Fri Oct 26 10:19:14 CDT 2007)>Please register in the above link for the updates.

Coppertop(Fri Oct 26 12:19:20 CDT 2007)>Thank you very much.
    If Marvin is right and WM6 is due to be released, that would be great news. If not... oh well.

One thing he said that didn't make sense. The delay is due in part because the update can not be reverted back. Isn't that typical of any OS update?

I can understand special tests being conducted to insure the update doesn't fry the 750 and hope Marvin's crystal ball is accurate. At least I got "verge" and "a couple of weeks" narrowed down to mid-November. Then again, Marvin didn't say mid-November 2007.

I wonder if the Support Personnel are working off a script or just wing their responses.

Eh... as Toon would probably say, "it'll get here when it gets here".
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    One thing he said that didn't make sense. The delay is due in part because the update can not be reverted back. Isn't that typical of any OS update?
    That depends...
    As I stated in an earlier post, maybe here maybe elsewhere, I have flashed several phones for people. I actually just had a co-worker come to me today and have me flash his Treo 750 back to WM5 from WM6 because he was doing a warrenty return. (The BT radio stopped working, not a sotware issue but hardware) I succesfully rolled the phone back to WM5 off of a Cingular ROM that is available over at XDA. While I am not positive, I think it has something to do with how the actual image is installed to the software. The leaked AT&T version has an extended ROM attached to it that actually mounts like a Storage Card, but by default it is hidden. This ROM is completly unreadble/writeable unless you run two cab files. I read the if you did do the upgrade, and you try to roll back without unlocking the extended rom and changing the atributes, you will brick the phone. I followed the steps in the XDA forum for unlocking the Extended Rom, then Installed the WM5 that I got and it worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Eh... as Toon would probably say, "it'll get here when it gets here".
    *Waits for the flame war to start again*
  3.    #3  
    Nah... no flame wars on my part. It is what it is and while I wish Palm would be more forthcoming, the odds of them listening to my thoughts are about as good as me winning back to back lotteries. So, WM5 will do until WM6 gets here, whatever decade that might be.....
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Ya know I keep hearing about these "special features" and "youll be amazed!!"

What does this update come with 2 Swedish hookers and a jar of lube?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    You can only hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    Ya know I keep hearing about these "special features" and "youll be amazed!!"

Nah - this is PALM! Comes with a sample of pack of Crisco and a sharp stick to sit on.
    Jer 23:29