1.    #1  
    I've recently really gotten into my treo700wx loading it with all kinds of great stuff (pocketNES morph gear weather panel pocket plus ect) and I love it...how ever I feel like I need a phone with a faster processor or more ram I'm not a business user at all and I could care less about POP email to tell you the truth I'm not even 100 sure on what it is I have a pocket PC because I am a club DJ and I need to stay connected via the internet and text messages. I'm looking into RSS readers since blogs are very important in the DJ world. other then that I need personal organization apps that pretty much all pocket pcs have. I love the fact that I can run NES SNES Gameboy and Gameboy advance emulators that's a really amazing feature for me since I'm a huge old school gamer but on the treo 700wx I don't think it has the power to run SNES or GBA at full speed for most roms. That's kind of an issue with me. I've also noticed that the 700wx can struggle even running the apps it came with, things have sped up since I installed pocket plus but even so I just feel like I might need a faster phone. so does anyone have any ideas about this? anything that runs better with higher specs? I'm on sprint for the next year and a half so I don't know whats really out for them that's good or that's coming out soon. does anyone know?
    You may want to look into a Mogul. It's probably the most muscle Sprint has to offer right now, and in the immediate future.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Have you tried XCPUScalar to overclock your device?
  4.    #4  
    overclocking eh? sounds great...how do I do it? what are the dangers? my snes emulator runs just slow enough to make it to annoying to play. meanwhile I'll look into the mogal anyone know where I can do an A|B comparison?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I just started using morphgear today. Super Mario world runs a bit slow at the regular frequency. It's much better with the Treo overclocked at 512mhz.

You can get XCPUScalar there: http://www.immiersoft.com/index.html

previously, I was using it mostly for videos. Overclocking the 700wx made a big difference in how smooth some videos were.

There are always risks when you overclock, but by default, the program only lets you use the "safe" speeds. It doesn't let you push your treo to the limit and beyond without warning you.

I'd say try it out, see how it works for you. Oh, and make a backup, just in case
  6.    #6  
    yea, XCPUScalar seems pretty cool, I was only able to demo it for about an hour though...it said I have up to 20 trys before it runs out but it expired aftwr about 5. it sucks because I didn't get to try it enough to see if I really want to spend money on it. I ran it at 620 and it ran Final Fantasy VI perfectly for about 2 minutes then crashed I couldn't seem to go about 520 and still be stable and at that speed I wasn't able to tell if it was any better I'm still unsure of all the options within morphgear and the snes module too. by the way the mogul actually seems to have less muscle then the treo700wx at least it has less ram when I read the tech specs not sure about the processor though even so it seems like there is no competition for the 700wx on sprint...am I missing something? what's with the 750? is it only P or is it windows mobile too? is it any better then what I have now?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I just tried FF, and it plays just fine at 520 for me. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I have morphgear setup on the memory card, and when I run it, I have nothing else in the background.