1.    #1  
    Is there a registry key that turns the keyboard lights on when the power button is pressed?
    Not that I've seen, I'm sure there is a registry value for it but not asigned to the power button. But Keylight is a program that toggles the lights on and off. You could asign it to one of the buttons. I have it in my Start Menu.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Not that I've seen, I'm sure there is a registry value for it but not asigned to the power button. But Keylight is a program that toggles the lights on and off. You could asign it to one of the buttons. I have it in my Start Menu.
    I am actually trying out a new device, the Samsung I760, and the keylights do not light up when you power on the phone. So Im hoping the experts here could help me isolate a registry key that I can try to see if I can get it to do that.

Its amazing how much you come to take the simplicity and efficiency of the Treo design for granted until you try something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I am actually trying out a new device, the Samsung I760, and the keylights do not light up when you power on the phone. So Im hoping the experts here could help me isolate a registry key that I can try to see if I can get it to do that.

Its amazing how much you come to take the simplicity and efficiency of the Treo design for granted until you try something else.
    This may be Treo-specific, but you can do the following with MortScript to turn the keylights on/off.

On:
    RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    ToggleDisplay( ON )

Off:
    RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    ToggleDisplay( ON )

Note, simply writing the registry value is not enough to make the change happen, so it won't work with a registry editor. If you search, you should be able to find Slingbox's cab file that does this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    This may be Treo-specific, but you can do the following with MortScript to turn the keylights on/off.

On:
    RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    ToggleDisplay( ON )

Off:
    RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    ToggleDisplay( ON )

Note, simply writing the registry value is not enough to make the change happen, so it won't work with a registry editor. If you search, you should be able to find Slingbox's cab file that does this.
    Thank you!! What exactly should I be searching for? "Slingbox cab"?
    Thank you!! What exactly should I be searching for? "Slingbox cab"?
    Try this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137887
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help but I dont think the keylights morscript will help as thats really a seperate feature accessed through a specificly mapped button. Unless you think it can be somehow linked to the on/off switch and work simultaneously.
    Thanks for the help but I dont think the keylights morscript will help as thats really a seperate feature accessed through a specificly mapped button. Unless you think it can be somehow linked to the on/off switch and work simultaneously.
    That's what those registry entries are for. They define the power settings per device (i.e. camera, backlight, keyboard lights) for each power state (on, suspend, idle, etc).

The power states are generic to WM5/WM6, but which devices can be controlled (and which power states) is phone-specific.

You do not have to use a mapped button for it to take effect, but the first step is to see if it even works on your phone.
  9.    #9  
    That's what those registry entries are for. They define the power settings per device (i.e. camera, backlight, keyboard lights) for each power state (on, suspend, idle, etc).

The power states are generic to WM5/WM6, but which devices can be controlled (and which power states) is phone-specific.

You do not have to use a mapped button for it to take effect, but the first step is to see if it even works on your phone.
    Not to sound slow or anything, but Im not sure how to do that. Did you pull those registry edits from an existing cab in the treo keylights thread? Am I to use that? Or do I make the registry edits and then drop the cab in? I guess Im asking if the cab changes the registry or just enables mort script to execute my registry changes? If so, then I just need the mortscript cab?

I think I just confused myself.
    Yeah, I can see how it's confusing... unzip the Treo Keylight zipfile from the other post, and install the cab file onto your phone. After you install it, go to:

Start -> Programs -> Treo Keylight

and launch it (it is a toggle). If your keylights do something, then it worked. If it does work, you should be able to leave the registry setting as is, and whenever you power on your phone, it *should* automatically turn the keyboard lights on.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, I can see how it's confusing... unzip the Treo Keylight zipfile from the other post, and install the cab file onto your phone. After you install it, go to:

Start -> Programs -> Treo Keylight

and launch it (it is a toggle). If your keylights do something, then it worked. If it does work, you should be able to leave the registry setting as is, and whenever you power on your phone, it *should* automatically turn the keyboard lights on.
    I'll give it a shot. thanks.