1.    #1  
    I've applied the A2DP "hack" to my Sprint 700wx to expose BT DUN but have noticed the following problem. I can connect fine but invariably the phone will eventually freeze requiring a reset, sometimes after an hour, sometimes after a few minutes. I haven't yet tried PDAnet but I was hoping for a cleaner and faster solution like connecting without any additional software. I imagine PDAnet would also be slower via BT. Anyone else have this problem?
  2.    #2  
    nobody else has experienced this?

well, i was thinking of trying the new sprint 1.15 rom update to see if that would help, but i believe i read somewhere that the update removes bt dun and cannot be uninstalled...is that true?
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    I've applied the A2DP "hack" to my Sprint 700wx to expose BT DUN but have noticed the following problem. I can connect fine but invariably the phone will eventually freeze requiring a reset, sometimes after an hour, sometimes after a few minutes. I haven't yet tried PDAnet but I was hoping for a cleaner and faster solution like connecting without any additional software. I imagine PDAnet would also be slower via BT. Anyone else have this problem?
    You shouldn't need the A2DP hack (which I assume was the one Hannip created and I still appreciate that Hannip) since the last Sprint update. Have you done the latest Sprint update?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    You shouldn't need the A2DP hack (which I assume was the one Hannip created and I still appreciate that Hannip) since the last Sprint update. Have you done the latest Sprint update?
    no,because i thought i had read that the sprint update removes bt dun functionality and also can't be uninstalled. is that true?
    no,because i thought i had read that the sprint update removes bt dun functionality and also can't be uninstalled. is that true?
    Removes which BT functionality?

It added (or rather fixed what Sprint originally crippled) the stereo over BT functionality.

I do not know if it affects the ability to do BT DUN as I connect via USB and also I use PDANet.
  6.    #6  
    I'm talking about losing BT DUN capability. Here's the thread I was referring to that describes how the 1.15 ROM update seems to remove it. Can anyone with the 1.15 ROM confirm that they can still connect via BT DUN?
    I'm talking about losing BT DUN capability. Here's the thread I was referring to that describes how the 1.15 ROM update seems to remove it. Can anyone with the 1.15 ROM confirm that they can still connect via BT DUN?
    Correct, the update removes your ability to DUN unless you pay the extra money to Sprint OR you could buy PDAnet and BT Dun your tail off.
    nobody else has experienced this?

well, i was thinking of trying the new sprint 1.15 rom update to see if that would help, but i believe i read somewhere that the update removes bt dun and cannot be uninstalled...is that true?
    Are you running weatherpanel? If so update your forecast prior to bt dun. I also run flexmail so kill that. If you are doing ota activesync for your email, kill that too. My theory is that a process tries to hit evdo while you are bt-dunning and you lock up. This hasnt completely fixed the issue, but it seems better ti ne