1.    #1  
    I currently use a MotoQ. It's been good but is pretty beat up (cracked screen, weak battery) and it's time for a change. I have a chance to get my hands on a used-but-good-condition Treo 700w for $50. Considering the going price for these units on eBay and Craigslist, I'm thinking it's a great deal.

I have a couple things I'm interested in knowing about the 700w.

First off, one of the things I loved about the Q was the ability to customize the home screen, and use downloadable themes. Is that possible on this device?

Also, I am interested in cool third-party apps...preferably free. Google Maps, Windows Live, games, chat apps, etc. What are some of the cooler ones that y'all use?

Mp3 ringtones: if I make my own, can I use 'em on the Treo?

I think that's all I have for now...does this seem like a good trade?

EDIT: thought of one more. Is it possible to upgrade from WM5 to WM6 on these?
    Last edited by PeaElAre; 10/24/2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: one more question
    Consider reading this thread then. It should answer all your questions and then some.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=130718

And as of right now, no way to upgrade to WM6, and this has been discussed quite a bit too.
    END OF LINE
  3.    #3  
    Excellent...I missed that when I was perusing the forums a bit ago. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You really should invest in the Treo 700wx. If only for the more memory.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    WOW... you actually had a good time with a Q, shoot if just the weak battery was an issue.. I would say you're one of the lucky ones. I had a Q and it was crap.. but I bought one for my little sister and she never had any issues with it. But at the same time she uses it for basic needs..
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...