1.    #1  
    Hi - any help would be very appreciated - I just set up my new computer with vista, and so had to download windows mobile device center. when i try to synch, i get an error message (0x8503001F) "cannot synchornize with the outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously set up, or the profile is password-protected. Please open Outlook using the appropriate file."
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling WMDC, no luck. I assume this is because I moved my old Outlook pst file to my new computer and made it the default. At any rate, can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmontreal View Post
    Hi - any help would be very appreciated - I just set up my new computer with vista, and so had to download windows mobile device center. when i try to synch, i get an error message (0x8503001F) "cannot synchornize with the outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously set up, or the profile is password-protected. Please open Outlook using the appropriate file."
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling WMDC, no luck. I assume this is because I moved my old Outlook pst file to my new computer and made it the default. At any rate, can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Is your old Outlook profile password protected at all? Have you opened it since moving it?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Assuming you can open MS Outlook on your PC and it works properly, and assuming your MS Outlook as all the sync info in it that you require, you might want to delete the old profile and let it create a new one.

Personally, I'd make a backup copy of my .PST file before doing this.

-Frank