Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was reading about this on a blog, and it looks really cool. Right now there's limited admittance for accounts, but I'd be curious to know what the deal is, and if anyone's already using it, is it good?

http://dashwire.com/
    END OF LINE
    We actually recently opened up access to Dashwire's free service (WinMo 5.0, 6), and also announced what we think are some pretty cool new features:

• Single click media sharing to social networking sites (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Bebo)
    • Instant status updates (Facebook, Twitter)
    • Threaded SMS online (coming soon)
    • Automatic phone-to-phone transfer (contacts, phone settings)

I'll spare you the marketing spam, but we do a number of other things as well:

• Full contact sync between your phone and the web
    • Read, reply, and create new text messages from your computer
    • Instantly upload photos and videos from your phone to the web where you can view, edit, organize into albums, and share with friends
    • Visual voicemail
    • Set internet favorites, ringtones, and speed dials - from your computer
    • Automatically transfer contacts and settings from your old phone to your new one
    Quote Originally Posted by dashwire View Post
    We actually recently opened up access to Dashwire's free service (WinMo 5.0, 6), and also announced what we think are some pretty cool new features:

• Single click media sharing to social networking sites (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Bebo)
    • Instant status updates (Facebook, Twitter)
    • Threaded SMS online (coming soon)
    • Automatic phone-to-phone transfer (contacts, phone settings)

I'll spare you the marketing spam, but we do a number of other things as well:

• Full contact sync between your phone and the web
    • Read, reply, and create new text messages from your computer
    • Instantly upload photos and videos from your phone to the web where you can view, edit, organize into albums, and share with friends
    • Visual voicemail
    • Set internet favorites, ringtones, and speed dials - from your computer
    • Automatically transfer contacts and settings from your old phone to your new one
    I was in the beta since the begining of the WM5 being let in, unfortunatly I have an app that prevents my device syncing with DashWire, and I can't pin it down for the life of me. Has anyone else come up with this problem, or am I alone in this, and have to be left out of the DashWire community (it is a sweet program though)!!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks for the post syrguy. I hadn't heard of this until reading your post and it looks pretty cool. I'm going to try it out now and see how it works for me. I am curious as to if it's fully compatible with Vista because for me that seems to be a problem whenever I find something cool like this. I will let you know if I'm able to use all the features. I'm not really good at technical computer stuff so I may not be able to help you narrow down your problem but I can at least let you know if I experience the same problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerajan View Post
    Thanks for the post syrguy. I hadn't heard of this until reading your post and it looks pretty cool. I'm going to try it out now and see how it works for me. I am curious as to if it's fully compatible with Vista because for me that seems to be a problem whenever I find something cool like this. I will let you know if I'm able to use all the features. I'm not really good at technical computer stuff so I may not be able to help you narrow down your problem but I can at least let you know if I experience the same problems.
    Whereas I would love to claim responsibility, the OP was actually alienwhere for this thread!! but on the good side, I don't think you will have a problem with Vista, as long as you have a compatible browser (IE7, Firefox, Safari) you should be fine!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    You're right...thanks alienwhere, this program works great. I just downloaded it and am already impressed by it's ease of use. I'm happy about this because I use wmdc which doesn't seem to allow the same syncing features and if it does it's not nearly as easy.
    t
    Sryguy, as you stated I haven't had any issues, jus got done setting up everything. I wish I had some suggestion for your problem but I'm not knowledgeable with this sort of thing, I only know what I read on here from guys like you that know much more. But it does work for me okay. Oh by the way there is a section under help in dashwire that is labeled known issues and it states several issues and ways to resolve them, I don't know if you've had a chance to check that out maybe it will help because I think they list some programs that are known to cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerajan View Post
    You're right...thanks alienwhere, this program works great. I just downloaded it and am already impressed by it's ease of use. I'm happy about this because I use wmdc which doesn't seem to allow the same syncing features and if it does it's not nearly as easy.
    t
    Sryguy, as you stated I haven't had any issues, jus got done setting up everything. I wish I had some suggestion for your problem but I'm not knowledgeable with this sort of thing, I only know what I read on here from guys like you that know much more. But it does work for me okay. Oh by the way there is a section under help in dashwire that is labeled known issues and it states several issues and ways to resolve them, I don't know if you've had a chance to check that out maybe it will help because I think they list some programs that are known to cause problems.
    I'll have to look again, they update that page every so often, maybe there is something new, thanks for telling me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I was in the beta since the begining of the WM5 being let in, unfortunatly I have an app that prevents my device syncing with DashWire, and I can't pin it down for the life of me. Has anyone else come up with this problem, or am I alone in this, and have to be left out of the DashWire community (it is a sweet program though)!!!
    What apps do you have on your phone? We get a lot of feedback from our users, and should be able to pin it down with this starting point.
    Dashwire Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

Are you using the latest version of the Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)?
    On my device memory, I have :

Face Contact
    PocketCM
    S2U2
    S2P
    S2V
    GoogleMaps
    PhoneAlarm
    Wisebar
    PocketPlus
    MobileShell
    SPB Weather + Time

I have others on my memory card, I can list if you like (there are a lot).

I would appreciate ANY help, I would love to use your service on my PPC.
    I would appreciate ANY help, I would love to use your service on my PPC.
    I forwarded this list over to our mobile dev team and will hopefully hear back from them soon. If I don't get back to you in the next day or so, send me a not so subtle reminder and I'll track it down for you.
    Dashwire Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

Are you using the latest version of the Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)?
    I will say though, that the Treo 700wx is a phone we've been struggling with. Part of the reason is the fact that it automatically closes apps running in the background (in order to manage memory limitations of the phone). Another reason is that it's struggled with https connections (not sure why).

I'll see what the guys think, but this could just be a challenge we have with the 700wx in general. Hope not though.

I will keep an eye out for any reply, but I do understand the Treo is a fickle device. Thanks for the attention, and if you need any other info, please let me know.
    I will say though, that the Treo 700wx is a phone we've been struggling with. Part of the reason is the fact that it automatically closes apps running in the background (in order to manage memory limitations of the phone). Another reason is that it's struggled with https connections (not sure why).
    Are you sure that's the wx?

The w only has 32 megs memory, and so it'll run out of memory often. The wx shouldn't run out of memory unless you're installing (and running) memory heavy programs (like, Opera Mini).

For what it's worth the Mogul has more of a memory issue than my wx.

I've never ran into a problem with HTTPS, but I haven't tried Dashwire yet.
    I just installed this as well on my 700w and it's running but their has been no sync with the my Dashwire site. Do they have a support site forum? I could not find one...
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    I just installed this as well on my 700w and it's running but their has been no sync with the my Dashwire site. Do they have a support site forum? I could not find one...
    That is my problem as well....no sync. I think the strongest bet so far is to keep an eye open here, I think the poster with ID dashwire will try to help as much as possible.

I didn't see any forum or community over at DashWire, but if you haven't already, the help page makes for some interesting reading: http://dashwire.com/help
    Good call on the "x" part. Hope you give Dashwire a shot at some point...

We don't have a support forum, but like syrguy1969 said, we've got some online help resources. Also, we patrol the forums pretty closely, answer all feedback submissions (link on your Dashwire account), and respond to all e-mails to our support alias (support@). Forum on the way though.

Hopefully I'll hear back on the apps soon. Cmajewsk, are you still not syncing? Have you tried soft resetting your phone yet (often does the trick)?

DW

Cmajewsk, are you still not syncing? Have you tried soft resetting your phone yet (often does the trick)?

DW
    Yes, of course - always a soft reset. I then uninstalled, soft reset, and then reinstalled and again another soft reset. I then tried my phone number as my user name, but still I am only seeing:

"Hello cmajewsk, not connected to Dashwire"

Or if I change the Option to "manually sync" I am only seeing:

"Hello cmajewsk, sync is set to manual. Choose Update Now form the menu to sync".

Which when I hit "Update Now", I can see the EVDO arrows fill up (I have 4 bars so pretty decent reception) so I know something is happening - but then the text on the screen never changes and tells me that it is synching.

I made sure that I am not running anything else and that Dashwire is on the Running Program List - so it is not closing it. I left it that way all night last night - but thus far nothing.

Let me know when it gets out of beta - looks like a really innovative program!
    cmajewsk......that is the EXACT problem I am having as well. I have the apps I have installed on my device earlier on in this thread, what apps do you have on your device? Maybe if we have one or more in common, we can narrow the search for the conflict on our devices.

(I narrowed it down to an app conflicting when I did a hard-reset, install DW, and I synced fine)
    cmajewsk......that is the EXACT problem I am having as well. I have the apps I have installed on my device earlier on in this thread, what apps do you have on your device? Maybe if we have one or more in common, we can narrow the search for the conflict on our devices.

(I narrowed it down to an app conflicting when I did a hard-reset, install DW, and I synced fine)
    I don't have that many since it's only a 700w - but what I do have I deem as necessary - more so than this application which is really just a nice to have. What app was giving you the issue?

Here is what I have installed:

WeatherPanel
    HideLogo
    Resco File Explorer
    Resco Today Plugin
    Resco Reg Editor
    Windows Live Search
    MemMaid
    Sprite Backup 6.0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    Here is what I have installed:

WeatherPanel
    HideLogo
    Resco File Explorer
    Resco Today Plugin
    Resco Reg Editor
    Windows Live Search
    MemMaid
    Sprite Backup 6.0
    I have most of those, just not on my device, but on the memory card (I am not sure if they would cause a conflict, I ejected the card, and no change in syncing (or lack thereof))! Hidelogo is the only app actually on my device that you have listed, and the only one I do not have on either card or phone, is Sprite.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast