Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Another possibility is I never received the SMS for the install - I had to do it manually...so maybe it doesn't 'know' my phone. I checked my account on the website and saw it had the correct number...so who knows...?
    Based on what you guys are seeing and our experience with the Treo 700w, I'm beginning to think that it's not an issue of conflicting apps, but rather a problem with our service on the 700w. As mentioned a couple of posts back, we've seen issues with the 700w when connecting via HTTPs during sign-in. We more or less know what's going on, though we haven't implemented a fix yet.

I hate to say this, but unless you're syncing via USB or Bluetooth (believe Wi-Fi isn't an option on the 700w), then you might be out of luck from a Dashwire perspective.

I'll see what our guys think though.
    Dashwire Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

Are you using the latest version of the Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dashwire View Post
    Based on what you guys are seeing and our experience with the Treo 700w, I'm beginning to think that it's not an issue of conflicting apps, but rather a problem with our service on the 700w. As mentioned a couple of posts back, we've seen issues with the 700w when connecting via HTTPs during sign-in. We more or less know what's going on, though we haven't implemented a fix yet.

I hate to say this, but unless you're syncing via USB or Bluetooth (believe Wi-Fi isn't an option on the 700w), then you might be out of luck from a Dashwire perspective.
    You are correct about no wi-fi, but my question would be 'How do you sync with USB?' I tried syncing with DashWire while plugged into my PC with USB, but there was no noticible difference. I also did a hard reset to experiment, and installed DashWire alone, and it synced with DashWire without issue or hesitation, that is what led me to believe it is an app/tweak that is causing this problem. (also, a couple of my friends over at PPCGeeks sync with their wx's just fine.)
    I just tried Dashwire. Reminds me of a cross between iGoogle and Orb.

Anyway.

• Sprint
    • 1x (not EVDO )
    • Treo 700wx
    • My special trimmed ROM (makes the device snappier)
    • Installed Programs:
      PocketXpdf
      psShutXP
      XCPUScaler (set to 520)
      RegEdit (the freebie one)
      Sprite Backup
      MortScript
      PocketRAR

I had no problems installing, configuring, or syncing. Not sure I'll actually use this service as I have Sprite Backup (which fits my needs already), but it's a good one and I can see how a lot of people would like it (for example I'll be recommending it to my Mom, who's always looking for easier ways to manage her contacts, etc).

My thoughts for 700w users:

• Try a hard reset (after a backup) and see if you have any problems.
    • If you're feeling gutsy, try my custom ROM. You'll see a device speed improvement.
    • Check your free memory before trying to sync. Maybe you're running out.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $only$ $difference$ $between$ $the$ $700w$ $and$ $700wx$ $is$ $the$ $memory$ ($32$ $vs$ $64$). $I$ $could$ $be$ $mistaken$, $however$. $If$ $Dashwire$ $eats$ $up$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $memory$, $could$ $be$ $WM$ $is$ $killing$ $some$ $of$ $Dashwire$'$s$ $processes$ $trying$ $to$ $keep$ $your$ $memory$ $free$. $I$ $have$ $issues$ $along$ $those$ $lines$ $with$ $Opera$ $Mini$.
    To connect via USB, you need to establish a connection with ActiveSync (seems superfluous, I know).

It's interesting that you were able to connect without problems after a hard reset. Definitely makes me think that it's an application thing with the 700wx.

As for the 700w's, our developer suggested something that I personally don't endorse, but he indicated that a user with a Samsung i760 (which is another problem device for us) was able to do in order to establish a connection. Apparently, this user installed .NET CF 2.0, and had no problems afterwards. I wouldn't recommend it though, as the process takes forever and it's a huge footprint.

Best of luck to you. I apparently suck at support
    Dashwire Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

Are you using the latest version of the Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12