1.    #1  
    Can anyone help.....

I just got the Verizon wx. I previously have used the 700w and 6700. I am unable to activate voice command using the side button underneathe the volume buttons. I goto settings...buttons...to try and set voice command up for a single press but do not have an option for that. The only option that is available for that is "Hold Side".

I know when I had my 700w I could just press the side button to activate voice command....can anyone help with this issue. I also have tried to program the button using AEbuttonsplus. In this situation voice command does not show as one of the programs.

Please help...

By the way I performed a very extensive search but was unable to locate this problem.....if anyone can direct me to the link that address this that would be great.
    sounds like you need to activate it. if so this is how

-Start
    -setting
    -scroll down to voice command and tap it
    -Check mark the box to enable it.

To use this you need to hold down the bottom button till you hear a sound. then speak.

Here's the voice command cheat sheet

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...chmentid=10630
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by streetcreeper View Post
    sounds like you need to activate it. if so this is how

-Start
    -setting
    -scroll down to voice command and tap it
    -Check mark the box to enable it.

To use this you need to hold down the bottom button till you hear a sound. then speak.

Here's the voice command cheat sheet

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...chmentid=10630
    I should have mentioned that in my initial post...i have activated it....meaning it is enabled. Streetcreeper I am going to PM you if you dont mind.
  4.    #4  
    I would like to adjust the amount of time that I need to hold down the side button to activate a program. Currently I have to hold the side button down aprroximately 2 seconds to activate a program....not a big deal just wondering. If this is possible I would then be able to achieve the functionality that I am looking for inregards to this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by wny1mxo View Post
    I would like to adjust the amount of time that I need to hold down the side button to activate a program. Currently I have to hold the side button down aprroximately 2 seconds to activate a program....not a big deal just wondering. If this is possible I would then be able to achieve the functionality that I am looking for inregards to this issue.
    yes there is a hack for that. You need to change the regsitry key
    hklm/hardware/devicemap/keyboard/press and hold delay. change the dword data to 500 for 1/2 a second 1000 for a second, etc.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    yes there is a hack for that. You need to change the regsitry key
    hklm/hardware/devicemap/keyboard/press and hold delay. change the dword data to 500 for 1/2 a second 1000 for a second, etc.
    Thanks for the info....I found a better way here....sorry for the new thread. Check it out now I can simply press the side button and activate voice command.....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...17&postcount=2
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Have you verified that it works for the 700wx? Since it is for the 750?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Have you verified that it works for the 700wx? Since it is for the 750?
    It works fine for me on my Sprint 700wx v 1.15.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wny1mxo View Post
    Thanks for the info....I found a better way here....sorry for the new thread. Check it out now I can simply press the side button and activate voice command.....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...17&postcount=2
    The hack changes how long you have to press the side button to activate voice command or whatever app you have mapped to it.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    It works fine for me on my Sprint 700wx v 1.15.
    Me, too. AEButtonPlus can now map the button for one, two and/or three button presses. A long press is still controlled seperately.

I now have it set for:

single: Camera
    double: Keylight
    Tripe S2u2
    Long: Voive Command

This has enabled me to return my colume controls to teh colume control keys, which is great as I cannot get the volume control on the top bar to replace the battery icon and work correctly anyway.

Happy Camper!